THE OFFICIAL: The Positive Thread

A 'round table' for CDs, TGs and GG/SOs to talk with each other. We're all in this together, so let's make the most of it.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Eileen (SO)

Jeannie
Miss Ruby Goddess

Two halves don't always make a whole.

Post by Jeannie »

You can not find what can't be found. I will accept my rendevous with destiny. I'm tired of swimming upstream Beautiful. You get nowhere fast. Thirty three years with the same results speaks volumes Hun. It finally sunk in. You don't need another half to be whole. Love you Sweetness.

Love
Jeannie
Michelle Miller
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Michelle Miller »

Hmmm...a positive experience...

I'll share a good one, that I have given the 'cliff notes' on on chat and my intro post...

Years ago, after being trapped in the closet by my own fears and insecurities, I got out. Granted, it was just out to a gblt friendly club with a couple of friends that knew about my feminine side, but I found a friendly place there that I've made a bunch of friends through over the years.

Jacquie was one of them. Jacquie's one of my dearest friends in the whole world, she's a pre-op MtF, and just a really all around wonderful person.

Well, I was out at the club with Felicia(another of my CD friends) when she says to me, "Doesn't that look like your brother-in-law with Jacquie?"

I say "no way...umm..I dunno..maybe?"

My BiL, Jack was married to an awful shrew of a woman for far too long, he'd just recently gotten out of that relationship after the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back"...she'd cheated on him...for the second time...and you can guess where it went from there...god knows it'd have been "don't let the door hit you on the way out" after the first one, but like my wife, he's far more tolerant than he should be sometimes.

Well, turns out, it was him, and after Jacquie went backstage to do her second show, I approached him and said "Jack? Are you dating Jacquelyn St. James?"

His jaw hit the floor. "Mike?"

So we banter on for a bit and find out they'd been dating for a good while, pretty much ever since him and his ex-wife split up.

Well, Jacquie come out for her show, and I approach her as she's doing her thing up on stage and I whisper in her ear as she comes over to me, smiling, beaming back at her "Oh girl, have I got a surprise for you!"

She comes out from backstage after she's done and I tell Jack 'We've got to have a little bit of fun with her..." So I put my arms around Jack and say "Jacquie, honey, there's already something between us. Didn't he tell you?"

It was HER turn for her mouth to drop, agape...(I later found out what she was thinking at that moment "I come out and here's this bitch with her arms around MY man..oh NO! We'll have none of that!")

"Honey! Jack's my brother in law! I'm married to his youngest sister!"

and then it began...from friends to family...I really couldn't ask for a better girl for him, and he's the happiest he's been with her, in years...in fact, happier than I'd ever seen him since I'd known him.

Needless to say, she's my favorite sister-in-law.
-Michelle-
"Inside me, there's a thin girl, screaming to get out, but cookies & ice cream usually shut her right up."
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

My Wonderful Wife

Post by KimberlyS »

WOW, it has been way too long since something has been posted in this thread.

Earlier this week my wife said that she thought she would go up to her parents on Friday and take the kids with her. He dad is not doing the best and thought she should get to see him. She then whispers to me that then I can have some time to my self, i.e. some femme time for me. She seemed kind of bummed I did not jump for joy. But I was thinking that it had been just over a week ago that I had some out and about femme time. And I did not think I had been grumpy which is usually when she knows I need some femme time. Also life can get in the way of planned femme time, so I have learned to be flexible and go with the flow and just enjoy the femme time I get when I get it, but not expecting it just because it is planned.

My wife does not like my CDing much, but she sure is wonderful putting up with it and making femme time for me when she can.

My Wonderful Wife who is pretty wonderful in many other ways also.

kim
joe in a skirt.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Sami Cover_SO
Miss Crystal Goddess

My birthday

Post by Sami Cover_SO »

Ok, Thursday was my 40th birthday. My husband had to drive to work for an 8 hour class. He was actually supposed to have the day off. Anyway, he came home later that afternoon, and asked me where I wanted to go for supper. I chose my favorite place, of course, and we had a very nice meal together. My sister called me, and while we were on the phone, my husband went upstairs to take a shower. Not thinking anything of it, I continued to talk to my sister. Needless to say, Shannon came down, black dress, hose, and black heels. I was upset at first, thinking, how could she show up today of all days! So, I ignored her. She kept asking me what was wrong, knowing me too well, so I told her. She came over and gave me a big hug, and told me that she wanted to look nice and dress up for me for my birthday. I started crying, but not a mad, sad, or upset cry. I was happy! She had wanted to look pretty for me on my birthday, and that meant more to me than anything!!!
I'm learning more and more about CDing by reading this forum. I understand now why Shannon feels the need to dress up occasionally. The feeling that I get when I do my hair, makeup, and dress up is the same for her. It makes you feel good about yourself. So this is a positive thing for me now, and the negative feelings are starting to get few and far between. I love my husband dearly, and since Shannon is a part of him, you could say that I love her too.
One more thing. I would like to thank everyone in this forum for sharing their thoughts, stories, and for being there for me when I was unsure of things. You're all wonderful people. :)
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Nice to hear our birthday ended on a happy note, Sami.
DonnaT
Hope
Miss Emerald Goddess

Re: THE OFFICIAL: The Positive Thread

Post by Hope »

My what a wonderful opportunity!

Where on earth do I begin? I 'outed' myself to my lovely Bride well before we were married...or even engaged! She had the usual questions of course, gay? Transexual?, etc. And then calmly decided; "It just is..."

I'm not as accepting as she has been. All to often, I seem to take some 'joy' (sarcasm by the way) in beating myself up over being a crossdresser, and just as often, she puts up with my periods of being down. I have come to understand that's just what Love really is? She is so supportive of all that I do, and wearing a dress is only one. I can't ever seem to be able to put into words all that she means to me...but I'll sure keep trying.

We married later in life, each after a disgusting prior life with spouses who weren't quite the right match? We both seem to reflect too often on how much we were cheated by not meating 30 years earlier, but take some solace in knowing we might not appreciate what we now have is. I'm fearful we might have taken it all for granted. But knowing what life was like then, and what we have now, we both still wish we had a lot more time together.....

Thanks for suggesting this thread.....
Valarie
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Valarie »

I'm so glad I met my SO. She's been so understanding since she found out. We've been together for 2yrs now and she found out about my crossdressing about a year ago now. She's told me that it doesn't really turn her on when I'm dressed up, but it doesn't bother her at all. So I can dress up and clean house, sit around, or what ever while dressed up :) . It's so great to be able to do that, I truly never thought that I would find someone that I love that would understand and be so acceptable with it. Since she found out we've went shopping for clothes, and she took me OUT for my first time. Had a great time to. Found a great club that has drag shows, had some drinks and met some great people. I really do appreciate her understanding so much, I definitely found me 1 in a million. ..|/-
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Gosh, this thread started so long ago! Never in my wildest dreams did I think that I could be married, happily married, to a man that dressed female. We both had a lot to learn about what drives his needs, the learning continues to this day.
What does this accepting wife get out his needs to dress? I still have a wonderful and caring husband, but we are much closer emotionally now. Men and women are different in the way we think, his femme side allows us to better understand each other.
We live as man and wife, and when in the right mood, I have a girlfriend too! His being out to me has another advantage, he can't borrow my bras or clothes anymore. I'll share jewelry, and that's it! Buy your own stuff, dear.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Leigh (SO)

Post by Leigh (SO) »

I really wanted to update this thread.

Recently I stayed the night at my SO house for the first time. When it was time to go to bed I had the most lovelly surprise waiting for me. The bed was lit up with fairy lights and there were rose petals on the bed. ..OO..

There are so many reasons I love being with my partner. I feel his feminine side brings us closer together and takes our relationship to a deeper level.
Leigh (SO)

If you can dream it, you can be it.
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

awwww that was positively so sweet :)
{squeezes}
Davita
Leigh (SO)

Post by Leigh (SO) »

That's what thought Davita. :)
Leigh (SO)

If you can dream it, you can be it.
Toni_Lynn_P
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Toni_Lynn_P »

My wife thinks that we as crossdressers are about the sweetest and most lovable people on the planet. She sees what we do a form of art.

I am an amateur actor (local theatre) and so she sees my 'art' as being an extension of my, er, 'art'.

But beyond that -- my wife says that when I am crossdressed, its the only time I am complete, I am full. She's says that I absolutely glow. In my girl-self, she sees and has the whole person.

There are of course other aspects to it. I am a total romantic, and I go out of my way to buy the most luscious lingerie to wear for her, and make sure that I am wearing the right shade of lipstick, and the right shade of nail polish. We invented a word for it -- its so that I am at my most 'girly-licious'.

I in turn delight at being her eye candy. There is something so absolutely sensuous to both of use to have a room with soft candle light, romantic music, and me greeting her whilst wearing nothing but bra, panties, garter belt and stockings.

Okay - I'll be real here -- I may not be the most totally girly looking babe in the woods -- but that is not the point at all. The point is that through this mutual giving of self to each other we fulfill our marriage unity -- I look, dare I say, sexy for her, and because she finds pleasure therein, I am filled up inside.

Not sure if I'm maklng sense, or stepping over a line here.

Hugs

Toni-Lynn
Robyn
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Robyn »

Just recently she told me she needed me. It’s not necessarily the words, but the heartfelt essence of what was being said. It’s a wonderful feeling to know how much you mean to someone.

I'm very fortunate to be in a loving relationship with an amazing woman. We first met online nearly two years ago, and our first date was indicative of what our relationship was to become. For what was intended to be a simple meet and greet at a restaurant for lunch ended up lasting well into the night. No, there wasn’t any hanky-panky, it was an evening of good company and conversation.

My girlfriend is my partner, lover, and most notably my best friend. She’s understanding, yet firm. She’s extremely caring, yet she’s not enabling. She constantly makes me laugh and smile, but on occasion she can frustrate me too. We share a reverence for nature, yet we praise a different omnipresence for its creation, but we harbor much admiration for the other’s belief. Accepting of my gender crossing tendencies she always reminds me of reality. We have boundaries, but they’re easily maintained by a healthy respect.

I'm very fortunate to be in a loving relationship with an amazing woman.
Normal, just not average,
Robyn
Rikki
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Rikki »

Robyn, that's beautiful. Enjoy your happiness and good fortune and may the nature spirits shine and guide you, whoever they may be.

Rikki
Be safe, Be frilled
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

Every have one of those days that should have been Monday? Things just not going right? Dumb stuff happening? Can't find the all important what's it? Your day got dreary when you had plans?

Well guess what. Today wasn't a Monday kinda day. :) It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. I liked today. I think I'll have another.
{squeezes}
Davita