Lingerie for men

A 'round table' for CDs, TGs and GG/SOs to talk with each other. We're all in this together, so let's make the most of it.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Eileen (SO)

Anita
Miss Diamond Goddess

Re: Lingerie for men

Post by Anita »

Hi Judith--
Anthony wrote:
I have a hunch that a conflict in your husband is creating this state of confusion in you. Like he doesn't just feel one thing about his CDing, but more than one - and his way of dealing with this conflict is think up stuff that doesn't really hold water under pressure.
I'd agree with Anthony there. He might be answering questions in a way that tries to thread the needle between what he thinks is acceptable and what he might be feeling. It doesn't have to be deep dark secrets to produce this effect. And as Anthony said, he may feel one than one way about some of it, and it hasn't been sorted out yet.

When I think about those sites, or get solicited by their owners, I feel like I'm being exploited. It's not just the higher prices, it's also that they're labeling me a "man in a dress." That is not how I want to be seen or thought of, even if it's someone who doesn't know me personally. So your husband may not want to be seen as a man in a dress, either, even if he doesn't want to be a woman. Logically, it makes no sense, but the two are not equivalent. Wearing women's clothing made for men seems like an insult to me, whereas choosing to wear women's clothing is a choice that I make alone, with no one looking over my shoulder, so to speak.
MichelleZ
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by MichelleZ »

If I want to allow my feminine side to express itself by dressing in feminine clothes, why would I want clothes designed for men?

The type of business mentioned here is all about making money.

There is a crossdresser store in my town that sells a cheap brand of legware for twice the price of what the sex shops charge for the same item and they are overpriced to begin with.

Personally I enjoy the rush of shopping in the ladies departments and trying on women's shoes, clothes, makeup, etc
Judith(SO)
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Judith(SO) »

Thanks everyone for making the time and effort to give your opinions, express your thoughts and share your experiences, it’s much appreciated.

The common theme appears to be what a persons state of mind is as my hubby expresses his thoughts much the same a those here.
I’d agree that the clothing on that site is priced somewhat outlandishly, but then they are targeting people aren’t they. I’d say that there are many men who wish to wear women’s clothes but can’t access them and these sites are exploiting people’s situations

Judith.
If I was pressed to say why I love him, it's simply because he is he and I am me.
Carla Michelle
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Carla Michelle »

Judith(SO) wrote:...I’d agree that the clothing on that site is priced somewhat outlandishly, but then they are targeting people aren’t they. I’d say that there are many men who wish to wear women’s clothes but can’t access them and these sites are exploiting people’s situations

Judith.
There looks like there is a lot of companies that are willing to exploit people. And if you have a secret, lots of folks want to take advantage of you. I for one am tired of keeping this part of me secret. It's done too much damage already.
~Carla Michelle a.k.a. Mickey~
Kittie
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Kittie »

We who CD wear lingerie. not MALE LINGERIE! It is as straightforward and simple as that
Erica S
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Erica S »

If you wish do dress as women dress, then buy regular women's clothing. It is what we want at least it is to me. I did not care for that site at all

Erica
If the woman inside of you needs to be free, let it happen, and you can soar.
Zephyr Lily
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Zephyr Lily »

Lingerie for men.

Good grief, that is so not me.

Yuk, Ooooh Yuk Yuk..

zephyr

If at first you don't succeed,
Skydiving is not for you.
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

I will try to answer this from a different perspective. Everyone is familiar with the custom among highschool girls to wear their boyfriend's letter jacket. Why do they do that?
Clearly girls do not want their own jackets like this since they never buy them.
Why do wives buy his&hers t-shirts or sweatshirts when they are on vacation somewhere?
I think that it is not uncommon for a woman to wear something of her SO's, maybe a flannel shirt on a cold night, because it brings feelings of being close to him.
It's basically the same idea.
KymmieL
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by KymmieL »

I agree that lingerie for men may look the same but isn't. What is the fun in wearing lingerie made for men. Not the same.

Kymmie
Martha G
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Martha G »

I am a cross dresser moving from a CD into a transgender woman.

I would not like lingerie for when I am male. Only when I dress as a woman. Then it feels right!
I AM NOW A WOMAN- I FOUND MYSELF
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

I am sure the fit is there but when my gender moves to feminine I want women's lingerie even if I have to figure a way to fill out the top with my forms...could mean sewing pockets inside to hold them. But if I am sleeping or if my partner and I are going to embrace and hold each other forms are not wanted anyway.
Go with the flow
Stephanie M
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Stephanie M »

KymmieL wrote: What is the fun in wearing lingerie made for men. Not the same.

Kymmie
Yes that is so true. I even once tried buying men's bikini underwear that looked like they could have been panties, but it didn't scratch the itch. It's mind boggling to me how it must be something that is manufactured and designed specifically for women in order to feel right.
Well, we all have a face
That we hide away forever
And we take them out
And show ourselves when everyone has gone
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

One thing I will state here about the issue of lingerie:

Women's thongs do not belong on males. Period. [-(

If you all want to wear thongs - which fellow member CJ described as glorified butt floss - then do us all a favor. Please get the ones made for men which are designed to keep everything where it belongs and not flopping all over the place, and yet they still look good. :roll:

After seeing Virginia wearing women's thongs, which are uncomfortable even for most women, I ordered 2 different brands of men's thongs from Amazon. Virginia absolutely loves them and now I don't mind if 'he' wears nothing but the thongs while outside (we're fairly secluded). ;)

https://www.amazon.com/iKingsky-Comfort ... +underwear" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.amazon.com/3-Pack-Cotton-St ... +underwear" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.amazon.com/ONEFIT-T-back-Pa ... +underwear" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not everyone looks good in thongs, and trust me, some things shouldn't be seen and just can't be unseen. :sick:

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Thongs!? You know I was at a beach one time and I saw this elderly couple pass and something was "thong..." I mean on both...perhaps it was the desire to be sans everything? But grey hair and wrinkles do not go and should not go anywhere near even the thought of butt floss. Yuuh! shudder...ew! Then why not find a nude beach? I understand many undergo a kind of adolescent phase which can be problematic for those 50+ and some in our community are well transvestic fetishism...We are a diverse community. We are all different so I will not judge or preach, I can only speak for myself.

Personally granny panties are a definite OUT!!!

There are things I look fine in and other things which definitely do not work. As a runner my legs are...well they are not the plush soft legs I would wish for hence I do need something below the knee if wearing a dress or skirt, can get by in shorts though. Again personally I opt for cotton Hipsters over Bikini.... I doubt I would be able to carry off a bathing suit or bikini bottoms unless they are like those worn in the early 60's when the Bikini was known as "the bomb" which were rather large and look boring today.

Oh well, Yeah I go for comfort and mainstream for women 40+ which still includes many very pretty fashions I am no longer a child, teen, early adult or young adult...but I do understand the diversity of our community.
Go with the flow
Denice
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Denice »

Lingerie for men? Next they'll try to sell me non alcoholic beer.