A Question For GGs

A 'round table' for CDs, TGs and GG/SOs to talk with each other. We're all in this together, so let's make the most of it.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Eileen (SO)

Sarah L.
Miss Silver Goddess

A Question For GGs

Post by Sarah L. »

Hello.I am sure this question has been asked before,but I can't find the topic.At any rate here it is:
What's it like for you to be the only one in the room in a skirt/dress.I don't mean just you and a male.I mean a roomful of people.Is it different if you are the only female?What if you are with a number of women and you are the only one in a skirt/dress.This is something I have often wondered about,but I wouldn't want to ask a woman I know.Also,if you don't like dresses/skirts,what's it like for you when you have to wear one?Thanks for your input!
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Hi, Sarah -

:-k If I were the only person, in a room full of people, wearing a skirt or a dress, how would I feel? I have had that experience on many occasions and although I knew I was garnering more attention, it didn't bother me one bit. If anything, I thought I was the best dressed in the room, and I usually was, among my fellow GG's, that is.

I get that same 'attention' whenever I go shopping wearing a skirt and heels, from men and women, although I generally tend to ignore them. I might make eye contact with a GG, as if daring her to say something. Comments or looks from males, unless they are truly compliments, are ignored entirely, as if that person doesn't exist . . . it's generally safer, and then any actions or lack thereof from me can't be construed as a 'come on'.

My actions and posture always indicate that I'm confidant in who/what I am and not a 'shrinking violet', and the clothes I'm wearing at any given time have absolutely nothing to do with how I feel about myself.

The clothes don't make the person, the person makes the clothes. However, I do admit that I always feel even more confidant, more empowered, and yes, more beautiful, when dressed in skirt or dress and high heels, and I'm modest, too. :mrgreen:

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Sarah L.
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Sarah L. »

Thank you for your answer.I have been to support group meetings and on the coldest nights,I have expected to be the only one in a skirt(I'll wear one regardless of the weather),but it's never happened.There's always plenty of other people in dresses and skirts.I wonder how I will feel if that situation ever comes up.You have a point of view I could never have and I appreciate you sharing it with me.
April Rose
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by April Rose »

I remember once , years ago, when I was living in San Francisco, I went out dressed on a Halloween night. For most of the night it was like drag Disneyland. It seemed like every one was dressed. But later, as the evening wound down, My four cohorts, two male and two female, none of whom was in a skirt or even a costume, broke away from the crowds and went off to a bar.

It turned out to be a yuppie (circa late seventies) sort of place. A lot of three piece suits. I wasn't the only person there in a skirt, but I was the only obvious transvestite. For the most part, I was left alone. Although there was one woman there who went out of her way to let me know I was a man women's clothes. I was glad I was there with a group of friends.

Was it awkward? Yes. Did I feel self conscious? Yes. Do I regret having done it? Not for a second. In fact I look back on it as a great adventure.

I think it's good for everybody, at least once in their lives, to not just go to the show, but to be the show.
I am a vessel of the Goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.
Stormy(SO)
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Stormy(SO) »

LOL April Rose - what a great post!! When my stepsons were in high school I was the president of AMPS - a group sponsoring the art, music, and drama programs at the high school. I would often come to events right after work and inevitably I was "overdressed". Heck even in jeans and a sweater I was usually overdressed <G>!! If you like it, wear it, hold your head high and like SL defy everyone to say one word. It's the carriage of yourself that's important not what you are wearing. I think however I might be embarrassed if I showed up dressed at a nudist colony but that's about the only place I can think of that I would be out of my element. Horseback riding in a dress is a little iffy <grin>!! Once in awhile a girlfriend might comment that she thinks I'm overdressed and like SL I pointedly ignore them or if I'm really annoyed I'll very slowly look her up and down and then say, "really, you think so?" They get the point. Practice the look <grin> and have fun!!

Light, love and laughter,
Stormy
Live well, Laugh often, Love much!
Sarah L.
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Sarah L. »

I think however I might be embarrassed if I showed up dressed at a nudist colony
I think I would be more embarrassed to be nude at a dressed colony.But,that's just how I am! :oops:
DanteCarrie (FTM)
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by DanteCarrie (FTM) »

I hate wearing skirts and dresses in public. it really makes me uncomfortable. I feel like a shell of my former self as i know people see me as what i wear. I want to be strong, sexually preditory, agressive, confident. skirts make me feel submissive. wearing a skirt in public is like being trapped in the wrong body for me.

being in a skirt or dress in private with my partner however is another story. I like being a submissive with him.

Its like I'm two people. I'm rarely the one person in the room in a skirt unless I'm alone with my H.
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Dante Carrie, Thanks for posting. I enjoy seeing your point of view on things.

kimberlys-cd
joe in a skirt
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.