Use your outdoor voice

A 'round table' for CDs, TGs and GG/SOs to talk with each other. We're all in this together, so let's make the most of it.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Eileen (SO)

Renee N (SO)
Miss Crystal Goddess

Use your outdoor voice

Post by Renee N (SO) »

I'm just curious how many of you that are brave enough to venture out in public dressed transform your voice. Do you find it necessary?
Susan
Permanently Banned

Post by Susan »

Renee

I have been told by American friends that my voice sounds like John Lennon, not surprising as we both hale from the same town. When I am out I try and soften my voice which seems to work as I have had no trouble being accepted when I am out and about.

if you had asked me 18 months ago I would have told you that I didn't go out. So quickly can things change. Good luck to you both.
Susan

I know some things.
Melyssa Anne
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Melyssa Anne »

I go out enfemme all the time and do have a fem voice I use -- it works for me. Takes some practice to get there--took me about 2-3 weeks the first time to get it right....now I can slip inot it pretty easily.

Two of the ultimate tests to see if the voice is effective is to use it on the phone or in a drive through -- and never been cacclled anything but Ma'am or Miss.
Missy
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

I reckon I've tried using my fem voice while out, but sooner rather than later, when not paying attention, it reverts back.
DonnaT
Kimberly Kael
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Kimberly Kael »

I've been working on my voice for about two years and for the last few months have I been working with a vocal coach who specializes in teaching gender cues. That's a niche I wouldn't have imagined existed a few short years ago! Now I wouldn't think about going out without paying at least some attention to feminizing my voice, but it comes more easily some days than others.
~ Kimberly

“To escape criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing." - Elbert Hubbard