Support group :)

A 'round table' for CDs, TGs and GG/SOs to talk with each other. We're all in this together, so let's make the most of it.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Eileen (SO)

Elly (SO)
Miss Silver Goddess

Support group :)

Post by Elly (SO) »

Well! I've seen him in full regalia now... I gotta say, sexy still!! We've had so much fun going shopping for both of us, & now we found a few sort of nearby support groups.
Originally he wanted to go to the first one alone, but now we're going together :) We got two new dresses today for it, I'm so excited, and so is he! He's said time and time again that while I'm accepting, it feels so amazing to have that & be with others who do understand his feelings entirely & make it feel less "abnormal" :roll: This is going to be so much fun, together, so I'm divin' in... Dollin' myself up and all.

We're in a good place, with everything. I absolutely love group therapy support, but I want to make him feel that it's really 100% ok to share anything he wants with the group-- still doesn't believe me entirely when I say it (yes I know I won't like it all, some will be hard for him some for both some for me, some will just be healing). Yall think of anything I can do that'll make him feel at ease to share? Or to calm the anxiety on the drive?
Question how does a girl who falls, no actually jumps eyes wide open, down a rabbit hole, plummeting into chaos come out unchanged?
Answer, she doesn't. - Little Black Book
Ginny Jones
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: Support group :)

Post by Ginny Jones »

Hi Elly! What a wonderful post! It's great that you are so accepting! When I read this I thought - just be yourself. Paradoxically, my experience of joining a group was that the pre meeting anxiety kinda helped. I went on my own and really didn't know what to expect - but once inside, people were so welcoming and accepting! That contrast in feelings made it really dramatic and memorable!

It's going to be a ride for both of you! Let us know how it went (I'm dieing to hear).

Hugs (an good luck!)

Ginny xxx *-*
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

Elly,
YES you go with her as my wife did and she was surprised and learned a lot from the other wives that were always there. Beside you may be surprise to see how good some of the other girls can look. Be ready because he will be in 7th heaven for a week or two @@9@@
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Nice!

As for sharing anything/everything with others, personally I think that would take out some of the mystery and feelings that go with it.

If he needs to get it out in the open, then he probably should, otherwise a few secrets can be exiting.

I have a feeling he's not been out enfemme to other every day places, thus the anxiety on the drive will likely remain until he's around 100% comfortable dressing anytime anywhere.
DonnaT
Elly (SO)
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Elly (SO) »

Thank you ALL! I agree, mystique may be less but I think sharing makes for more intimacy than mystery.. Just my honest opinion :) :roll: I'd love to be apart of the 7th heaven, cloud 9 after glory!! And no, not been vary many places, it'll come easier in time I'm sure.. Just want to be sure that I am doing all I can to make it a wonderful experience for him!!
(I refer to him as him, just what he says he likes lolol)
Question how does a girl who falls, no actually jumps eyes wide open, down a rabbit hole, plummeting into chaos come out unchanged?
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

Elly,
Oh no no no hon, I don't know how you really feel down deep about your husbands CDing , but to be happy you have to more or less throw yourself in to it.

Oh gosh here I go again, my wife was so over joyed when she found out ( mother told her) she would have my cloths layed out for me when I got home as to what she wanted me to wear that evening and we had a GREAT time going out or just being at home together.

Oh Elly my wife would get so worked up at times I really felt like a women saying NO, but we know how that goes rotf well Carol Ann had 4 kids because of my attire and to this day we still love one another.

7th heaven is there just open the door (--)
Elly (SO)
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Elly (SO) »

Carol-- Great for you!!!! We do that, but I don't choose for him- that's his style, not mine ;) But yes, the friskiness is alive and definitely relit our lives, in communication & fun things ;) ;)