Is dressing a sexual or stress relief for you?

A 'round table' for CDs, TGs and GG/SOs to talk with each other. We're all in this together, so let's make the most of it.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Eileen (SO)

Kara
Miss Crystal Goddess

Is dressing a sexual or stress relief for you?

Post by Kara »

My dressing has always had a sexual aspect to it. I dress and then I (well you know) before I can undress.
Not always, but most of the time.

I was told by a therapist that I use it for stress relief. Because the times I related to her that it seemed I was happy she pointed out that I did not dress.

Been unemployed for a really long time and find I dress almost daily. And you know what along with it.

Not sure what to make of it. Am I really that unhappy that I have to escape into another persona?
Wendae
Miss Golden Goddess

Re: Is dressing a sexual or stress relief for you?

Post by Wendae »

Stress relief! <>
I believe I was a lesbian in my past life
Karin
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Karin »

I can honestly say its never been sexual for me. Not once.

Stress relief is interesting tho. I guess in the early days it may have been? It's all on its head now.. If I don't dress I get distressed granted, but as fulltime I feel fine. Is there a difference between 'dressing to de-stress' and 'not dressing causing me stress'? I think there is. The former is escapism, running away FROM me for a while. The latter is being my 'real self', running TO me...
*^^* Karin *^^*

Image"It's Kind Of Fun To Do The Impossible" Image
Debbie G.
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Debbie G. »

It started off as idle curiosity for me and maybe got a little more sexual during the teenage years but now it's more the stress relief.
I identify as TS and feel my body is just totaly the wrong size and shape so the male form brings me discomfort. Getting sinto something girly eases that discomfort.
MariMar
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by MariMar »

I dress for Sexual Stress Relief, Then I Enjoy the the reflexion in the mirror once dressed for few hours I find calm and serenity for a day only to start over the following day....I've noticed I find lots of pleasurein shopping for my girly stuff.....

..OO..
"Life is too short, Enjoy it 100%"

Love MariMar,
Allie Nichole
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Allie Nichole »

not sure what it is for me. mostly its just being me. if i don't dress for more than a few hours i get on edge and mean.
To be sane is to be normal,
To be normal is to be avarage,
To be avarage is to be Mediocre,
-I never thought mediocricy was worth striving for!
Gina
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Gina »

Yes, definitely a stress relief, and yes sexual too. My sex life with wife is nearly nil...frankly she gives little affection and gets little...she just does not turn me on.

Not always sexual though...I would say sensual and a break from my driven, high pressure work career role, provider, father, and such: Mr. Manly Man on the Go.

I like breaking "the rules". And I think I am borderline gender dysphoric...
be a light in the world,
Gina
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

Sexual ? long long time gone, stress ? could be. Now it is normal for me to shower shave and dress first thing every morning but there are days that I have to be brab ](*,) , and I do get grumpy and the wife will tell me go get dress and you will feel better.

I guess after 49 1/2 years she knows me (--)
Latanya
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Latanya »

for me there was obviously three components
a interest in dressing/ an innate desire
and the second sexual release
the desire to dress again about 4 years ago probably was stress related
today i have to say that there is no sexual satisfaction to dress nor is the stress component there
now it is all the desire to express my fem side totally innate
The fem side of me is ever evolving and growing.
StephnieJoy
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by StephnieJoy »

In the beginning for me it was simple curiousity, then it became sensual, then sexual, and now it's a combination of either or. I work from home, so some days its just some nylons and leggings, sandals or flats, and other times I want to feel the heels! I love my collection and it's just that FEEL of the soft footpads of a fav pair of 4 or 5" heels on my feet, the way they snuggle into and around my feet, the soft caress....the way it feels when MY heel slaps against the shoe's padded heel wearing slingbacks or mules...and the sound...hard to explain...but there it is! Audio Sensual!

And other days I might dress to the nine's...forms, dresses, wigs, full make-up, finger/toe jewelry, long nails...hard to pin down...

And I LOVE my FF and RHT 15 denier stockings...and my Tricot nylon panties...NOT a big fan of cotton or velvet...LOVE my LATEX... ..^..

And YES, sometimes it culminates in......well, lets just say it culminates....and leave it at that Dear Hearts! :)
It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it! :)
Paulette
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Paulette »

Stress relief, but the need for release from stress is obsessive if the stress is frequent. Why it takes this form is unknown.
~ Paulette
~ just lucky, I guess.
Gillian
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Gillian »

"Is dressing a sexual or stress relief for you"? My answer would have to be yes, and yes. In the beginning it was a very sexual activity that didn't end until all of the pent up (sexual, stress) energy was released. Now, there is still a sexual component to it, that at times, I wish would just go away. The sexual component occasionally hinders the simple enjoyment of peace I get from dressing up and setting the cares of the world aside while being someone different for awhile.
So I concluded that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to enjoy themselves as long as they can. People should eat and drink and enjoy the fruits of there labor, for these are gifts from God.
Shirley Anne
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Shirley Anne »

A definite stress relief
MichelleZ
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by MichelleZ »

For me, dressing is a very sexual thing and a stress reliever, not to mention it shifts me into a mode of thinking from a feminine point of view, which changes everything for me. Allowing my feminine side to express itself is deeply needed and gratifying to my soul.
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Neither
DonnaT