Is dressing a sexual or stress relief for you?

A 'round table' for CDs, TGs and GG/SOs to talk with each other. We're all in this together, so let's make the most of it.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Eileen (SO)

Dana L'Amour
Miss Crystal Goddess

Re: Is dressing a sexual or stress relief for you?

Post by Dana L'Amour »

I would say when I first started as a teenager it was for sexual relief, but now it seems like I have a very low sex drive. It's almost as if my male hormones are decreasing allowing my feminine side to emerge. I wonder if there is a biochemical / physiological foundation to this recent interest of mine.

My wife asked me if I wanted to get myself tested and I said that that would mean I was feeling there is a problem and its not feeling like a "problem" at the moment.
Carla Michelle
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Carla Michelle »

When I was a child, dressing just was something that I did because it's what I felt I should be doing. As a teenager, it became a sexual release. Currently it just is. I feel a lot less stress when in female clothes just because I feel more like myself.
~Carla Michelle a.k.a. Mickey~
Karin
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Karin »

talking of stress relief...

Can anyone else go from 'wanting to poke somebodies eyes out and scream at them' to sitting in a dress, blissfully playing with dolls in about eleven seconds? just by getting changed??

Or have i said too much? :roll:
*^^* Karin *^^*

Image"It's Kind Of Fun To Do The Impossible" Image
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

Actually that sounds quite like how I relate to the CDing, often. I sometimes get to the point where I simply can't go on I'm so wound up. Then I dress up...

And then, often, it all just goes away. Not always - and it didn't used to be like that - but it's a gift.
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
Absaroka
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Absaroka »

This might be a good time to point out that sex can relieve stress. I don't think an either/or paradigm is always correct with regards to this question.
everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon
Jina James
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Jina James »

As a teenager, it was entirely sexual.

When I started back some years later as an adult, it was both sexual and stress relieving.

While I have never dressed all that often, in my fifties, it is still sexual and stress relieving. But, in addition, it has become a source of what I would call "well being." This goes beyond just the relief of stress and moves to a sense of "right with the world" and "things are as they should be." I wish I had a better word for it.
Sarah Ann
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Sarah Ann »

My dressing began the day, around age 4, that I asked Mommy if I could wear her pretty blouse. To begin with, I was simply wanting to be a girl, and do girly things. I had an "urge" to to this. Sex came later and on its own, the blending of the two happening during my teenage years. Dressing (and shopping) as stress relief by itself I see in a separate category, one which most GG's seem to experience as well. Looking pretty, and the process of getting there, is a great mood elevator.
I'm a girl with minor additions ^^_||
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

Nope it's who I am and want I want to be
AJ West
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by AJ West »

It is stress relief for sure, sometimes, but not always it ends up being sexual. Quite possibly the 'guy' seeing the girl I've become needs to take her and have his way with her. Almost always after the 'act' I feel great remorse and ask myself why I'm doing this? This makes it extremely difficult to dress or even to act girly for anywhere from 30 minutes to a couple of hours after that release has subsided. I always come back to Alexis tho.
Not sure where I'm going, but there's no since being late
Satara
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Satara »

Both... Sexually relieving stress
Laura Ashcroft
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Laura Ashcroft »

it's been both in my life...I've thought about giving it up...but there is no way...I'd feel like only half a person...I got drunk one night and Laura came out .... looked her in the eye and said in perfect soberness..."you see what I have to put up with" ... she told me the next day these words...not my drunk memory.... lol *smdh*
-- Laura
"Love is not put in the heart to stay, love is not love, until it's given away" - dunno who said it, saw it written on a rock
Diane Hoffrau
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Diane Hoffrau »

I would say initally as a teenager withraging hormones sexual release was a big part of the ritual

Over the intervening half century my desire is more escape and stress release
both in the sense of escaping the day to day demands
but also to relieve the sense of having played a role that was foisted upon me by biology and custom

While I say that I escape the every day - I do prefer to dress while I work from home
Still doing the same things I would do in guy mode
but knowing that I would be equally good at what I do had I been a biological woman.

Diane
Diane Hoffrau
LexieJayne

Post by LexieJayne »

Both......
I would have to say without a doubt cross dressing is high octane sexual for me. I has always been such a turn on & as my dressing has evolved the sexual aspect has heightened.

In turn the sexual release is a huge stress relief.

We are all different in this aspect of our lives. Not sure exactly about the 'hows' or 'why's' of it all; just being honest that it is very sexual and that I have always been somewhat bisexual & have leaned towards the feminine submissive side in that.....
Ramona
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Ramona »

For me it started out as curiosity and maybe sexual for a time and stress relief for sure but now I love how I look and feel when dressed and it just feels so right. And it seems like the more I dress the more I want to be dressed
Erica S
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Erica S »

For me it started out as a curiosity when I was a young age. Why is it as boys we are given what we can dress in and some of us wish to dress in what our female family member have as normal, cusomary clothing? I do not know why I tried on my Mother's things or borrowed my Sister's bras. For me there had to me something deep in me saying I needed to try these clothes on so I would know how they felt and to start me exploring my feminine side that otherwise would be buried as a boy grew up. In my teenage year it was part sexual as of that time when the body changes. I did not dress long or much in my teens. When crossdressing surfaced in my 20's it was not sexual. I enjoyed wearing the frilly, silky and feminine attire. In other words it felt right, natural and I loved it. Now I am in my 50's and love to wear my feminine clothes again. I enjoy emulating having the body ( not passable at all) of a women, meaning having a bust, and feeling good about what I have on. Now there is a sexual part about it, not every time but some times.
AJ West wrote:
Almost always after the 'act' I feel great remorse and ask myself why I'm doing this? This makes it extremely difficult to dress or even to act girly for anywhere from 30 minutes to a couple of hours after that release has subsided.
This is how I feel each time. I do wish to dress, I just need to leave the sexual part out of it and enjoy being dressed as woman.
If the woman inside of you needs to be free, let it happen, and you can soar.