It is so hard to meet other Crossdressers:

A 'round table' for CDs, TGs and GG/SOs to talk with each other. We're all in this together, so let's make the most of it.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Eileen (SO)

Nell
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Nell »

Every one who is transgender in some way wants or needs a certain thing for themselves. In their mind it is the most important thing and nothing else will work for them...be it G Males, panty hose, girl information, G Females, etc.
It is hard to find Gurls or CDs in our area because there is no club or group to meet or get together for a short time. I need to be with other CDs to socialize, help with clothes, have some type of relationship, etc if even for 2 hours. People work and have families and can't get to anther town 50 miles away very often to be in a club or group setting. It is frustrating.
Age is another difference...young CDS do not want to be around an older one.
So, I spend time with myself as I have since I was 10 yrs. old. With a new piece of clothing or lingerie I look forward to dressing again. Thanks.
Nel
Ginny Jones
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: It is so hard to meet other Crossdressers:

Post by Ginny Jones »

Hey Nell - reading your post I found myself wondering whether there is another CDer in your area wishing for the same thing. I guess if there isn't a group .. why not set one up?

Hugs Ginny xx
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

Nell,
Hon I have the same problem where I live, but I am very happy being me and going out grocery shopping or what ever as just being with people.

Now I did run into another so called cd'er but all he wanted was sex and Carol doesn't play that game.
But will admit since we retired and moved out of New Orleans I and my wife both miss all our local meetings and being with other cross dressers.
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Nell -

While Grand Rapids is not exactly next door to K'Zoo, fellow member BillieAnn has a very active group in the GR area . . . and other MI members also participate.

Grand Rapids group - http://crossdressers-haven.com/forums/v ... 42&t=15025" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Other Michigan gals - http://crossdressers-haven.com/forums/v ... 07#p171007" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wolverines Rock . . . especially Wolverines by birth! :mrgreen:

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Nell
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Nell »

I appreciate your advice. I have joined the G Rapids group and will try to get there someday. We are very busy in our working lives. I also do a lot of volunteer work of various kinds. To form another group takes a lot of time I don't have. I know that sounds like a cop out, oh well....
Thanks.
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Nell, I'll have to disagree that the young ones don't hang around with the older girls, unless you mean to go clubbing. (I use the terms girls and women, not Gurls) The meetings my husband attends have members that range in age from early twenties to past seventy. Some are strictly part time, mostly in the closet, CD's, and some are living full time and transitioning. The questions I would love to ask! One thing I've learned is that you all are everywhere!
There must be a CD friendly bar somewhere nearby. Do you shop for women's clothes? Whether dressed up or not, a manager might be a go between to exchange information with other CD shoppers.
I'm not sure how it started, but well before I knew of the husband's interests, he had several e-mail friends that would meet on rare occasions. Now, we are all friends, including other spouses.

You don't have to form a group, just cultivate a few friends and get to know each other. The first one is the hardest, just be careful of creeps.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Paulette
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Paulette »

People need and seek social companionship. A book club, a regular meeting of gamers at the library, a friendly bar, a church group, a knitting club, a model airplane field, a park bench. Something that's familiar, friendly, and where somebody knows your name or at least is willing to shake your hand and introduce themselves.

Take a chess board to a park, find a bench and set the pieces up, and within an hour you'll likely have a game and a conversation. But put on a comfortable dress and your forms, trim your beard and go sit in a park with the same chess board and mothers will gather their children and leave, old guys in raincoats will offer you a Walnetto, an unexpected co-worker will gasp, do a double-take, and avoid eye contact while hurrying away, and a cop will suggest that it's time to move on.

It's much easier being gay and swishing a bit - everyone recognizes the signs and hardly anyone freaks out any more. But being obviously CD, or simply not "passing?" We don't get no respect. We are among the last groups to be accepted and get recognition of our human rights - especially if there's a hint that those rights might include the freedom to find sexual joy and satisfaction.

For a peer group we look on-line, for Tri-S or other local CD gatherings. But we simply don't expect to find acceptance or casual conversation elsewhere.
~ Paulette
~ just lucky, I guess.
April Rose
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by April Rose »

Wow, Paulette. Your words ring true, and kind of break my heart a little.
I am a vessel of the Goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.
Nell
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Nell »

Thank you Ladies...!
Carmen Romano
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Carmen Romano »

I have the same problem here in Sacramento, California. I know there must be plenty of crossdressers here but I am in the closet and only go out occasionally for a couple of hours or whenever I can scape to San Francisco for a day. But I have no one to hang out with and yes I have that need too to have one friend just one that will share the same experiences with me. 8-[
Kelly
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Kelly »

Carmen,

check out http://www.rivercitygems.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kelly.
I thought a CD was something you stuck in a computer
Carmen Romano
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Carmen Romano »

Thank you Kelly, I just joint them. Let see what happens next. I am nervous.