coming out to my 2 roommates

A 'round table' for CDs, TGs and GG/SOs to talk with each other. We're all in this together, so let's make the most of it.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Eileen (SO)

Jenny M.
Miss Silver Goddess

coming out to my 2 roommates

Post by Jenny M. »

I told one of my roommates " Female" I crossdress. the other "male" has seen me dressed," walked passed my door ,it was open and I was dressed.He has said nothing .The female said she was ok with it. But still can't dress in front of them. I've to ware skinny tight fitting jeans and a tight tanktop around the house, but when one of them comes in to the room, I feel I must run into my room.
Paulette
Miss Golden Goddess

Re: coming out to my 2 roommates

Post by Paulette »

Uhm, please try to get over this. You really don't have to hide, but you might want to talk to your roommates about how you feel. It's not their problem, but they might help.
~ Paulette
~ just lucky, I guess.
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

You can't dress in front of them, not because they said so, but because you feel that way?

Are you embarrassed? If so, then that likely means you feel something is wrong with CDing. Your roommates may then come to the same conclusion. If they do, then even if you overcome your feelings, they may have a problem with your dressing and you'll still be stuck in the closet.

Time to take the bull by the horns and stay put instead of running and hiding. You'll find you will feel better in the long run. Replacing anxiety with relaxation.
DonnaT
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

Well they are just your room mates, you didn't marry them. They only get to have an opinion on your fashion choices if you allow them that.
Now leaving dirty dishes in the sink, trashing the bathroom, or blasting your music might be good reasons for war, but wearing a dress around the house is not.
I seriously doubt that either one of them cares the slightest bit what you wear, (as long as it covers everything of course) but if they did care then that would be their own issue.
Jenny M.
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Jenny M. »

well, last night we all sat at the table and talked, I was dressed. it was great! felt so good to set their feeling like a woman, acting like one. jenny really came out. we talked about are garden, are jops.. Ext. No big deal. I started to relax . \:D/ no more closed doors. *-*
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

Congratulations Jenny! Sounds like your roommates were less worried about your crossdrssing than you were. Another milestone in your life!
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Yea! \:D/
DonnaT
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

I had to work through this with my wife's sitter, she seemed to be an open minded person. One day I told her that I wear dresses when I am feeling feminine. She told me there was nothing wrong with me, that it is alright. Then one day I waited for her, saw her park, get out and walk up the sidewalk and came on inside where - there I was fully dressed. She saw me and told me I looked nice. When you are accepted and everyone is relaxed and positive about it all few things can compare with how wonderful that feels! Congratulations, you may pick up some tips, and who knows you might even get to go dress shopping!!
Go with the flow
Jenny M.
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Jenny M. »

I find acting feminine around other people enjoyable. I feel more relaxed more myself. Haven't felt like that in a long time' thank you for your support. :)

More to come! ``5
Jenny M.
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Jenny M. »

Anne -

Dress shopping!!! Hooo! I hope so!
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

keep us posted in the months ahead, good luck to you gal.
Go with the flow
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

Congratulations Jenny!!
It's so much nicer being able to be yourself and not worry about hiding it. The world is a much different place than it was even 20 years ago and people are much more accepting of differences.
Now you need to start planning a shopping trip :lol: