Have you ever?

A 'round table' for CDs, TGs and GG/SOs to talk with each other. We're all in this together, so let's make the most of it.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Eileen (SO)

Virginia
Goddess of the Universe

Have you ever?

Post by Virginia »

Today, as I am want to do, me and my SO went to GoodWill. ..|/- I was EN DRAB! Yes I found a couple of things. One is a pair of what I think are called Pallazzo pants? I have a pair in white (not correct for wintertime), but now I have a pair in black, so neat! ........... but I digress!

There were an inordinate number of women (GG's) in the store for whatever reason and again as I am want to do I go down the racks of blouses, skirts, tops, slacks, check out shoe sizes, etc. What I enjoyed doing was not only making eye contact with the other shoppers, but "slyly" watching the reaction of various ladies as I selected a skirt or top and "checked it out" i.e., seeing the size, looking for flaws, reading the label. The expressions ranged from what you would expect, pure disgust to questioning, to smiles, to a couple of girls who (and it is a guess, but a good guess) looked and I know had to be thinking, "Damn, I wish my man would shop for stuff for me like that!" Had Virginia been shopping I would not have gotten a second look. I have thought of asking some lady if she thought something looked good, but tastes vary so much and she may take it as flirting which probably is not a bad thing, but I, unbeknownst to her, I would have had an ulterior motive, that being just looking for her response..... and no I would not embarrass her by holding a nice skirt or blouse up and asking if she thought it would look good on me! That is just not nice or fair to her!!!! [-X

Yeah, I know I need to get a life!!!!!! but then again, I am easily amused! \:D/

When the going gets tough ------- the tough go shopping!

V
First star to the right, then straight on 'till mornin!
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Re: Have you ever?

Post by KimberlyS »

I like to shop the second hand stores also. I love the hunt. Yea some of the reactions are interesting while browsing the racks. Try going into the fitting room with an arm full of clothes in male mode that can get some looks or smiles.

Yes I have asked gals if two things matched but never asked if it looked good on me in male mode. Interestingly I have been asked in male mode if I thought something would look good on a GG shopping the otherside of the rack.

kimberlys cd
joe in a skirt
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

I've been shopping fem and drab for so long I just forget which of me is doing the shopping. When I ask questions, it takes like the second sentence for anyone to realize it's for me and it doesn't matter if I'm in a dress or not. I tend to forget and simply hold up the top or skirt to me in front of those mirrors around in the stores, then I might look around after I realized I did it.

If I talking to other customers, I'll ask if they have tried on the item in question and how it fit or if they like the color and anything else I want to know. I have found if you're asking the same questions they have, they don't seem to mind and open right up. If you need to start that conversation, simply comment on what they are looking at. "Oh that looks good, did you see xxx in the next aisle?"
{squeezes}
Davita
Toni_Lynn_P
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Toni_Lynn_P »

My wife and I love thrift stores and go to Value Village all the time. (It is affectionately known as the VV Boutique).

While they are more of commercial enterprise than say, Goodwill or the Salvation Army, the donated a percentage of profits to charities like Boys and Girls Clubs, Big Brothers/ Big Sisters etc. They are located across Canada and also have locations in the USA

Never had any issues trying anything on whilst crossdressed as a boy :)

Only bit that ever happens when my wife and I shop is that she may say 'You'd look good in this' and hold up a dress or skirt - and then -- she will guld\p and blush. See -- my crossdressing is just so normal to us

Hugs

Toni-Lynn
Marissa Mae
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Marissa Mae »

My wife and I actually cruise the fem racks for each other. We both have trouble finding things in our size, she's so small and I'm so big. We come at each other with shopping carts trading stuff we found. "I didn't know if you'd like this," etc.

It makes a fun day out.

Love, Marissa Mae
Paulette
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Paulette »

Used to cruise Value Village and St Vincent's when I lived in Oregon.
Only St Vincent's in Louisiana.
Never Good Will = they have terrible employee relations & absurd CEO salaries.

Now that I'm in the Bay Area I'll look for a local VV.
~ Paulette
~ just lucky, I guess.
Janet Bern
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Janet Bern »

Yesterday I stopped in Belks in drab and was looking for skirts,
I was attracted to the bra section again and was looking
A lady came by and said "I hope the have your size"
I smiled and said me too. I picked a few out and tried them
on in the fitting room and found a couple and then couldn't help
playing in the panty section and of course picked up a few pairs.
Checking out was fun too. Talked to a few ladies on line with my
bras and panties, It is fun to watch the reactions.
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Emily »

You girls are so brave!

Yes, I've shopped the thrift stores many, many times. Always in drab and always in a rush to get out in a hurry! Never speaking to anyone, never looking, always sneaking around - meaning I will always wait till the 'coast is clear' before looking/choosing anything. I've never tried out fem clothes in the change room, just at home, hoping they fit, LOL!

Best/funniest experience ever for me though was when I was purchasing an oriental styled dress. It was gorgeous! I brought it up to the counter, and the SA, in a friendly, half-joking manner asked if it was for me. I think I went bright red, could barely speak, but somehow managed to say "no". I detected a hint of disappointment in her voice, but still brightly smiling at me when she said, "oh... now, wouldn't that have been fun!!! In retrospect, I should have just said yes (to the dress)!

And as for you ladies who go out as a couple shopping with your S/O... WOW! Now that would be FUN! :)