How to respond...

A 'round table' for CDs, TGs and GG/SOs to talk with each other. We're all in this together, so let's make the most of it.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Eileen (SO)

Amanda R
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: How to respond...

Post by Amanda R »

Not looking to start an argument either Gaby. I actually welcome the opinions of others as it helps broaden my horizons. The only way to be sure of your own opinions is to listen to both sides on an ongoing basis as circumstances are always changing. In many ways there is no definitive right or wrong here as even trained professionals with years in the field hold differing opinions.

It is funny because there has been papers written concerning the existence of the "pink" gene as well as the gene for eating disorders, alcoholism, etc. It would help explain many things.

What you are bringing up Gaby is the age old argument of hereditary vs. environment. It is still argued among scholars, the medical field, and psychologists. Arguments can raised both ways and to be honest I am on the fence about it myself. I have seen case studies concerning separated siblings raised under different circumstances and how similar they evolve in some ways and so different in others.

IMO there is more validity of the hereditary argument rests in when looking at families why is it if there are three sons why is only one a crossdresser or an alcoholic or have an eating disorder? If it were a case of strictly environment then shouldn't all siblings be the same? With that said we all know that siblings although sharing the parentage and gene pool can be very different.
"We may have all come on different ships but we are in the same boat now."
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
April Rose
Miss Golden Goddess

Re: How to respond...

Post by April Rose »

Ralitsa said: [quote=" One can argue that it wasn't the crossdressing that killed them, it was crazy people, but that just shifts the question to ask why they were compelled to do something when they knew people would beat them up or kill them for it. "
Not to be too glib about it, but you could ask the same question of Jesus, or a civil rights worker in the nineteen sixties. Sometimes it's the people around you who need the healing.
I am a vessel of the Goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.