New to This!

All new members are asked to please introduce yourself, just drop by and say "Hi"! *** Members who wish to re-introduce themselves upon returning from a prolonged absence are asked to post in either the "CD & TG Talk" or "Off Topics: Non-Gender Conversation" sections of the forum. Thank You! ***

Moderator: DonnaT

LeeAnne
Miss Silver Goddess

New to This!

Post by LeeAnne »

New to This!

I am new to this! A little scared, and a lot of nerves, but need a place to share! I am a married crossdresser from a conservative metro area in the midwest. My wife must know, but we do not talk about it. This is both good and bad. I am getting to the point where I really want to tell her the truth and about LeeAnne. That is the tough part. I do not dress in front of her, but she has bought me women's clothes and women's things in the past (lady's robes, slipper, socks etc..), and has suggested I where some of her things (girly sweats, her shoes, etc...). I am little and have always been feminine even while doing manly things.

So this seems like a great place to share! The scary part is how far do I go with crossdressing. I would like to get to the part where I dress as woman everyday. Not dresses or skirts, but just blending in. And I do not know if I am just a crossdresser or am I transgender. Wow! Yes, I am going to talk to a counselor!

That is me - LeeAnne
Carole Hill
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Re: New to This!

Post by Carole Hill »

Hi Lee Anne,

It can be a little scary when you first acknowledge that you enjoy wearing women's clothes etc. However, it seems as if you are
in a much less scary place than many since your wife seems to be OK with your dressing. Most CDs would be very happy to have their wife make suggestions like yours does. Perhaps, you should take her up on a suggestion to put on some of her things and then segue into a deeper discussion.

Good luck!
Hugs, Carole
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Hi LeeAnne, -wel- aboard.

Seems your wife is well aware, mostly, except for your gender identity. Which you still have yet to figure out, it seems.

If you can find a support group nearby, that is one place you could try venturing out safely.
DonnaT
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

Welcome, LeeAnne.

Seems like your wife is talking to you. By buying you women's stuff and suggesting you wear her clothes. And you're replying - by wearing the clothes. So there is a kind of conversation already going on.
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Hi, LeeAnne, and welcome to the Haven! ..o)..

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Kelly
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Kelly »

Hello LeeAnne,

Glad you found us. Great place to sound off and absorb new ideas. Post early and often.

Now about your both good and bad thing. Get rid of the bad and enjoy the good. Life is not a dress rehearsal.

Kelly.
I thought a CD was something you stuck in a computer
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Emily »

Hi LeeAnne and welcome. :)

Coming out to your SO can be difficult, but it sounds like she already has a pretty good idea which could make the discussion a little easier.
Rikki
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Rikki »

Welcome, LeeAnne! Hopefully you can find some answers to your questions here. Wonderful group with years of experience and love who are so helpful in figuring life as a CD/trans person out.

all the best,
Rikki
Be safe, Be frilled
DeniseL
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by DeniseL »

-wel- LeeAnn

always good to see new people in the room

Join us in Chat, there are a lot of great ladies there to chat with

Denise
Denise_Love
a girl that likes Camping
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Requal Jo »

Hi LeeAnn and welcome to this supportive and friendly Haven. Yes, most of us have been in your current position. It is scary when first confronting this very important event in our lives. It is good to see that you are going to a counsellor. There is also a number of wonderful people who have experienced what you are experiencing at this address and they will be more than willing to share and support you at this time.
Requal