My first post & my story

All new members are asked to please introduce yourself, just drop by and say "Hi"! *** Members who wish to re-introduce themselves upon returning from a prolonged absence are asked to post in either the "CD & TG Talk" or "Off Topics: Non-Gender Conversation" sections of the forum. Thank You! ***

Moderator: DonnaT

Catriona

My first post & my story

Post by Catriona »

Hello everyone, i think I've finaly got this in the right topic :oops:
This is my first post as a crossdresser but i have had an interest in female underwear and clothes all my life in some form or other.
I'm 53 now and married, up until recently i had been able to shall we say manage to control my need to crossdress and for the last 26 years of our marriage not even think about wanting to wear womens clothes.
But in the last year or so for some reason the urge has become constant and i had to give in to my needs.
And have been wearing mainly underwear as i like the feel of the soft material against my skin and if I'm totally honest thats the reason i crossdress.
I can only find the opportunity to crossdress once a week.
But i had decided that the secret of keeping this from my wife was becoming too much to cope with and i have been trying pluck up the courage to come out to her.
I was listening to a conversation bewteen two work colleagues that for some reason got onto crossdressers one guy said he didn't understand why men wore womens clothes but some of the places he has been too (night clubs) "they would probably get a good kicking!!" And the other guy said they must be sick! -,,-
I just listened and said nothing as to say anything or try to defend crossdressers would of maybe put me on the spot.
But i sat there a few minutes later at my desk with tears in my eyes thinking that i had never felt so alone :(
I couldn't stand it anymore and so on friday evening i told my wife i was a crossdresser! I told her the story at work and told her i was born with this and that my earliest memories were of wanting to wear panties and tights (pantyhose) although i didn't understand or know what it meant i also told her i wasn't gay and wasn't attracted to men at all.
My wife has been in shock most of the weekend but I've told her that i will respect her if she doesn't want anything to do with it and i just hoped that she would understand and support me. She has calmed down now but nothing more has been said about the subject, i won't push the issue any further and let her deal with it in her own way, i hope that she still loves me and wants to be with me and i hope she can get used to me being me even if she doesn't want to see me in my female clothes.

It's good to be finaly talk to poeple who understand and to know I'm not alone :)

Lots of love

Catriona xx
CathyAnn
Miss Emerald Goddess

Re: My first post & my story

Post by CathyAnn »

Hi Catriona, Welcome to Crossers-Haven. You are not alone. You will see there are lots of us here to talk to. I am fairly new here , Sept 2017, and have made a lot of friends. We are a very supportive group. You can log on to chat and talk real time with members that happen to be on chat. You need a laptop or PC with Adobe Flash Player to log onto chat. Scroll down to the bottom of the index page and you will see where to log on and see who is on chat at the moment. There is also a private message ability in chat also. Hope to see you here soon.

CathyAnn
Catriona

Post by Catriona »

Thanks CathyAnn good to be here.
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

Welcome, Catriona.
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Hi Catriona, -wel- to the forum.

Good luck with your wife. Hopefully y'all have a good relationship.
DonnaT
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Hi, Catriona, and welcome to the Haven! ..o)..

Your wife - '(SO)' - is also welcome, and encouraged, to join the Haven with her own, separate, account. :yes:

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Requal Jo »

Welcome Catriona. You are not alone in this situation. While I did cross dress in the past and my wife accepted it, a number of years passed where I did not cross dress at all. Mainly when the children were growing up.

A few years ago the urge became too much and I again begin to dress and then Requal came into existence. I told my wife that I once again had the desire to exercise my feminine side and updated my wardrobe. She stated that at this time she was not comfortable with my dressing. Hence, by taking small steps and acknowledging her wishes, Requal has been able to make more appearances as the time has progressed.

While still a little apprehensive, my wife is becoming more accepting of Requal's presence.

I hope that things work out for you.
Requal
Catriona

Post by Catriona »

Hi Requal, thanks for the advice about SO's,
The latest position with my SO is that she says she still loves me and that given a little time she's certain she could get used to the fact that I crossdress.
I'll give her all the time she needs and won't push the issue and I'll have to be the soul of discretion, as you say small steps. (Especially in 6" pumps) :lol:
The weird thing is that when i think that two of her favourite films are "Priscilla Queen of the Desert" and "Kinky Boots" both of which are crossdressing based films, So maybe it's in her subconscious somewhere? O:)