Hi Everyone

All new members are asked to please introduce yourself, just drop by and say "Hi"! *** Members who wish to re-introduce themselves upon returning from a prolonged absence are asked to post in either the "CD & TG Talk" or "Off Topics: Non-Gender Conversation" sections of the forum. Thank You! ***

Moderator: DonnaT

Nancy
Miss Emerald Goddess

Hi Everyone

Post by Nancy »

I must say I too am very impressed with the lay out of this fourm and even more so by the members that make it the wonderful haven it is. I have been a CD since I was 10 years old, getting my start in my older sisters things. I always had an intrest in girls, what they did, how they dressed and looked and how nice and right it all just seemd to be as compared to how I had to be as a boy.

Of course back then what I discoverd about wearing girls clothes and doing things that girls did offten had some sexual bearing on my doing it but back then just about anything I did, boy mode or girl mode did. :oops:

Anyway, the more I dressed and more I experienced as a girl the more, no mater what, I knew this was just a part of who and what I was and most of the time wanted to be.

In those early years of my CDing I was totally isolated and alone and very carful to make sure it stayed that way. To be found out I just knew would have been total disaster.

Like many other CD's to protect my being able to CD when and where I could I beefed up my male role so as not to give anyone even an inkling of an idea that I loved beign dressed and like a girl. There were the sports, the hanging out with guys, teasing the girls, dating, and even serving in the armed forces.

In my early twenties, while serving in the Army, I married and started a family. That was how I was going to get out of my wanting to be a girl plan. We all know how well that works. Anyway, that was 34 years ago. I am still married to the same gal, have two college grad daughters who are married and am the grandfrather of 7 grandkids.

I came out to my wife 10 years after we married and had both of our daughters. I could no longer live the lie that had grown inside of me and even though I did every thing wrong that a CD could do in coming out, she stuck with me but really had a very hard time dealing with me and IT.

I kept Nancy in the closet away from my wife and our daughters untill both of our girls were in their last year of college and then I came out to them as I did not want them to ever find out about my CDing from someone else. Both daughters took my crossdressing very well and have even wondered what it would have been like if I had been out to them when they were younger, when they were starting to wear make up and mom was not always around to help them with their make up and all?

In the years since my daughters have moved out and my wife and I have been home alone my wife has become more and more accepting and comfortable with my crossdressing. We are both members of Tri-ess, and have both made so many wonderful friends there. I now dress up around the house a few times a week and my wife is way more open about talking with me about things, like make up, womens clothes and things that are more feminine in nature.

I am a BBW, massive would probably a better word. I am slowly working my way down from 500 lbs last January. I must say that all the ladies at the meetings have really been suportive and even with my size they still manage to make me feel pretty. Thank to Chicago Tent and Awning where I buy my things from Omars brother, Fitzu has dressed me well. \:D/

Some day I hope to get out and about as Nancy and really enjoy being one of the gals in public. I still have a long way to go but its reading posts that you other wonderful ladies post in forums such as this that give me the support and care that help me to keep focused on my dreams of a day when I can buy and wear nicer things and be able to dress to blend, present and be one of the girls that is out and about.
OK girls! Time to wake up I am done. [-o<
Nancy Elizabeth Lee
Anne
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Anne »

Welcome Nancy! Glad to have you here!
CJ
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by CJ »

Hi Nancy,

A BWW (Big Warm Welcome) to you! What a great story you've got there. Again, so many parts of it echo my own (the hiddenness and desperate secrecy). I'm really glad you joined us and look forward to hearing more from you. Already, just from your very first post, you've given me a pleasant, buoyant feeling. It just goes to show how powerful sisterhood can be; those looking for support also give it back, sometimes without even knowing they do so. :)

Again, Nancy, welcoming hugs go your way. By the way, invite your SO to participate, if she's comfortable with the idea; you'll find that we're a friendly bunch of gals here, both GGs and TGs.

Love,
CJ
LeftyRainbow(SO)
E-mail address not valid - Contact Admin

Post by LeftyRainbow(SO) »

Just want to extend a warm welcome to the group, Nancy...hope you like it here and glad to have you here as well!

Lefty :wink:
GalicianGirl(SO)
Founding Member

Post by GalicianGirl(SO) »

Hi Nancy,

I want to extend to you a GREAT BIG WELCOME =D> \:D/ and to say that I'm really glad that you have found our forum. As you have already noticed that the members are just fantastic. :) :)

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments that you wrote about the forum. It really makes me feel good to know that in some small way we are making a little bit of diffence out there and people see our place as something positive.

Sharon(SO)
Sara
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Sara »

Hi, Nancy:

Welcome to this wonderful club. As you already know, your story struck a familiar chord for many of us, everthing from the early beginnings on. It's so great that your wife and daughters are so understanding.

Come visit often--we have a lot of fun here, and feel a lot of support and love. This is one sorority I would have pledged.

Love,
CJ
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by CJ »

Hi Sara,

>This is one sorority I would have pledged.<

Yes, me too. TAU GAMMA XI (TGX) Without a doubt. :wink:

Love,
CJ
Beauty
Retired Site Administrator

Post by Beauty »

Bonjour Nancy,

I often get caught up in the other threads and don't check for new members, but I'm here this morning (afternoon now, I forgot to hit submit). :)

What an awesome hello to the board!! :)

I don't know if anyone else has categorized themself as a BBW here, but I think it's important and I'm glad you did. =D> Beautiful people aren't always pretty, small build, or even nice smelling. ;) Inner beauty comes from great souls like yours.

I hope you are able to get out dressed. It is an incredible feeling. :)

Again, welcome!!!

Beauty
Nancy
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Nancy »

\:D/ Thanks for the welcome ladies. I have been checking out all the many places to go on this forum and have come across many useful, informative :-k and interesting threads and comments. I look forward to being a part of the sisterhood and feel very comfortable here. Big hugs to you all and now onto family and what I hope will be a very happy Thanksgiving Day. Yes, there are many things to be thankful for [-o< and you all are on the short list. :-k
Nancy Elizabeth Lee
Life is what happens when we have made other plans.
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

Hello Nancy :) and welcome, I guess I'm a dollar short, day late,and full of turkey :wink: . So late is better then never, you will find all the girls are great and always ready to help. I really enjoyed your post about coming out to your children or should I say young adults :wink: . Me I never had the nerve to tell the 3 boys but my wife told our dauhter one evening and all she said was cool :P . Can you beat that "cool", my dauther has never said a thing to me and really don't know if she has told her brothers :!: . Oh well welcome to the club and enjoy, Carol Ann
Nancy
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Nancy »

Thanks for the welcome Carol Ann, if only I could count the times I have been a dollar short and a day late. :) I think that comming out to daughters is easier than comming out to sons as the girls know what being a girl is like. That is not to say that daughters will take the news any better than boys will. It just seemed that way to me. :wink:
Nancy Elizabeth Lee
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

Hi Nancy :P , Thanks for the advice but I'm not really sure :( . You see my children see thier daddy as a macho person from day one. Ain't nothing I haven't tryed or been afraid to try. So you see if my children see thier father dressed as a girl I don't think it would set to well with them or the image :| . Life is full of surprises :wink: oh I love it so. Carol Ann
Nancy
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Nancy »

Carol Ann, not sure that this is the right catagory to reply to your last reply to me but will try to keep it short. I try not to give advice but rather try to be open and truthful about how CDing has been and gone with me.

We all have those common threads because of our CDing but we all live very different lives and deal with diferent situations and what is good or works for one of us may not or will not work for the other. So we each have to do what we think and feel is best and when we feel it is best to do it.

I came out to my two daughters when they were young adults mainly because I knew how they were brought up and a lot about how they lived their lives. I most of all wanted to be the one to tell them about my self as a CD because I did not want either of them to learn of my CDing from anyone else. This way I would know that they new the full and true story and that it all was open to be talked about.

I did not raise any boys so I have not a clue what they are like except for the way my sister raised her 3 boys. The relationship I had and have with my daughters has always been more like a mother hen than that of a macho man. Always being mindful not to go to far with letting my feminine side out and being sure to let what masculinity I had show through I just feel that girls can come to grips with all of this a bit easier than boys. After all boys are brought up to over power their obsticals where as girls learn to deal with them.

Again, this is not to say that either sons or daughters should be told or that one or the other will be more accepting. It has a lot to do with how they have come to know you. If they think or feel in your comming out to them that part of you is going to go away or be replaced by some other woman then I can see where things may not go well. Then again I am sure there are those that would be over joyed to have a less macho man father.

I am no differnt the father to my daughters now then ever if anything we have come to be much closer. As we have all come to better understandings about how we accept and deal with others that are not of the norm or main stream.

My daughtes see how their father as the person who has always been there for them has always seen to it that they have been loved, sheltered, fed, cared for and educated. They know me as the man and person who worships and believes, a man who abides by the law and has served in armed conflict for his country. Knowing these things and seeing how just because I am what I am it can all be held against me and may even bring harm onto me it all has helped to open their eyes and minds to be more open minded and accepting of those of us that are not main stream normal or just plain different.

Oh dear Nancy! Get down off the soap box. You have had your say. AND TOO I totaly agree with you Life is full of surprises and yes yes ho I love it so!
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Nov 30, 2003 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nancy Elizabeth Lee
Beauty
Retired Site Administrator

Post by Beauty »

Hi Nancy,

I just wanted to say thank you VERY much for serving our country.

btw, your soapbox was just fine. :)

(thanks Alexandra.. I corrected the error and changed it from sandbox)

:P Glad I could give you a great Sunday laugh. :-({|=

Beauty
Last edited by Beauty on Sun Nov 30, 2003 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alexandra
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Alexandra »

Nancy said: "I most of all wanted to be the one to tell them about my self as a CD because I did not want either of them to learn of my CDing from anyone else."

Me: I'm thinking the exact same thing.

Beauty said: "btw, your sandbox was just fine."

Me: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Alexandra