Costume Character Creation

Do you have a creative side, such as writing stories, songs, poetry or more? Share it here so we can all enjoy it!

Moderator: KimberlyS

Martha G
Miss Golden Goddess

Costume Character Creation

Post by Martha G »

I am into costuming for a long time.

However, when I was 59 years old I went to a costume party dressed as Charley's Aunt, in a beautiful 115" hoop skirt, fancy lace trimmed hooped petticoat, satin bloomers with plenty of lace , string purse, wig with curls, bonnet earrings, lace gloves, lace fan ,makeup and an attitude.

I enjoyed it so much that I am now creating female costume characters to add to my male ones. I have an inventory of about 25 characters. About 9 of them are females.

However, the urge to do the female ones has sort of overtaken the males one.

At present, in addition to Charley's Aunt, I also do a Southern Belle, A Grande Aunt, Mrs. Bates, A midievel Duchess, an evil Duchess as well as an elderly lady from about the 1860's. I also do Martha Stewart.

I have become an expert impersonator of elderly women like grandmothers, aunts and elderly dowagers.

When I am able to post more pictures i will in my album.

Though not an official CD er, after donning that fabulous hoop skirt years ago I found out what I was missing.

I really enjoy wearing hoopskirts, dresses and gowns and will continue to work at it.

I will continue to create my female characters for the future.

I particularly enjoy dressing as Grande Dames, Duchesses, Queens and Southern Belles as well as some ancient grannies and aunts! Lol!
I AM NOW A WOMAN- I FOUND MYSELF
Rader
Miss Silver Goddess

Re: Costume Character Creation

Post by Rader »

My Late wife once dressed me up in a Maid's costume to hand out candy to the
Trick & Treaters. It was scary at first, but later on I hated it when the night was over.
Rader