I don't have the answers! Ask a Mensa Member- Donna will do

Do you have a creative side, such as writing stories, songs, poetry or more? Share it here so we can all enjoy it!

Moderator: KimberlyS

Virginia
Goddess of the Universe

I don't have the answers! Ask a Mensa Member- Donna will do

Post by Virginia »

Jane went to visit Jill. Jill is Jane's only husband's mother-in-law's only husband's only daughter's only daughter.
Are they related and if so how?

What is the number that is one more than one tenth of one fifth of one half of 4,000?

Start with the number of total mittens lost by the 3 kittens and multiply by the voting age in the United States and the answer is?? Who is this "Mother Goose" person???

There is at least one 9-letter word that contains only 1 vowel? No it ain't "transgendered."

easy one: Using all the letters each time, make at least three words from R E I A M N.

ok, Who's head just exploded!?
First star to the right, then straight on 'till mornin!
Ms. Erin
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: I don't have the answers! Ask a Mensa Member- Donna wil

Post by Ms. Erin »

Girl this sounds like the questions they asked my kids when they were at school and asked me to help them with homework. I have no idea, and my head is spinning. :)

Now I need some more beauty sleep. :?
I am a woman of trans experience.
Paulette
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Paulette »

I don't particularly care for puzzles, but if you do you may find the National Puzzlers' League interesting. They produce a monthly magazine of 50-150 puzzles of various types, including anagrams, crosswords, British crosswords, riddles of various kinds - over 100 types, all explained with examples on their web page - http://www.puzzlers.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

I was a member for many years, mostly because I was their printer, but even contributed a puzzle or two. It was my wife who had a flair for that kind of thing. You can see her work in the Guide to the Enigma. Her puzzle nom was Sibyl. Mine was Smaug.
~ Paulette
~ just lucky, I guess.
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Enough time
Jane went to visit her daughter Jill.

did the kittens each have 2 or 4 mittens? The nursery rhyme never said.

Strengths

AIRMEN, MARINE, REMAIN
What is the longest word in the English language?
DonnaT
Debbie Jean
Account Deactivated at Member's Request

Post by Debbie Jean »

I don't have the answers either, but here is an interesting one. This is a true story that actually happened to me.

All the people at work were talking about the "new girl" Darlene, how good looking she was and how "slutty" she

dressed. I caught up with her, and said: "Let's do lunch". She agreed. We reminisced about the "good old days". We

also became almost constant coffee break companions. Almost immediately the gossip started. People were saying

how terrible it was that I was taking up with "that little slut", especially because I was a married man. It was Joyce

who was the busy body and the instigator of the gossip and who kept it going. I decided to play with Joyce for a

while, similar to the way a fisherman plays with a fish on his line. Finally I sprung the trap. I said to Joyce: "It's not

what you think, actually we're related". She said: "Yeah that's what they all say. If that's true, then what's the

relationship?" I replied: "Darlene is my wife's husband's sister's sister-in-law". The gossip abruptly stopped, because

everybody became totally preoccupied with trying to figure out who Darlene actually was!

So very funny and actually a good study in human nature. I just had to share.

hugs,
Deb