As my "man" side, my favorites!

Do you have a creative side, such as writing stories, songs, poetry or more? Share it here so we can all enjoy it!

Moderator: KimberlyS

Stephanie M
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: As my "man" side, my favorites!

Post by Stephanie M »

JennyLynn wrote:Carla/Donna,
Thank you for the replies. I just had second thoughts on my post as nobody wanted to reply to it. I still think it's not a particularly thought provoking thread. I was just curious to know if there is any "overlap" between the man and woman interests. I too, like woodworking but couldn't see doing it as Jenny!
I know I'm late to the party but actually I see this as a thought provoking post.
The differences between our manly and girly sides is actually fascinating to me.
Personally I don't have any huge differences between the 2 but, I do realize some folks do.
I describe myself as a hybrid and am constantly the same whether dressed or not. However if I had to list my interests most of them are not typically "manly". I'm not in to sports mainly because they bore me. I'm not in to keeping up with the stats of athletes and teams and so forth. I'm more in to other interests, music, politics, and stupid facts that are nerdy lol.
Well, we all have a face
That we hide away forever
And we take them out
And show ourselves when everyone has gone
Sarah Beth
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Sarah Beth »

Man side .... Girl side..... You know three or four mornings this week I got up and fixed my breakfast in "man" clothes the other mornings I was in my "girl" clothes, did the dishes in my dress with my forms in yesterday morning earlier in the week I was wearing my thermal Henley I wear for working.

Last week I was at my shop working on building a chest a drawers I was wearing my women's jeans and yes with panties and bra and a cute top underneath a one of my wife's sweaters I had borrowed for the day. It was cold and the pile of wood for the stove I used to heat my shop had dwindled so I grabbed up the chain saw and went out and cut some wood.

Maybe that female part of me is so engrained that it just makes no difference to me. I don't have to be in the clothes to feel it. I can be in full man mode and still cry at something in a movie (not those Hallmark movies for the most part they are so redundant sappy and predictable), or get teary over some new story about something wonderful someone did to be kind to a stranger, or something sad that happened.

It isn't that male part of me or that female part of me its just me.
"It takes all kinds of kinds"
Miranda Lambert
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Hum...Man side: I do have a very small shop downstairs...work bench, router table, drill press, bandsaw, small table saw, vice, drills, sanders, tools on a peg board....I have used it working on my boat, and other things. I used to build cabinets, we had a cabinet shop in the early 80's before I went on to Nursing school then into the military for 20 years then on to being a full time caregiver for my wife the past 8 years and going.... But I did enjoy machining wood putting it together and sanding the finished product prior to finishing. But have not been down there really for a year or two. I suppose I am kind of depressed, life is at a halt as I wait for my wife to get on with dying so I can get on with living.

I sail but after fixing up my boat, it is now moored at our dock neglected, been out a very few times because I just do not have the time as a care giver.

Fixed up my little sports car but my wife is no longer going to ride with me anymore with that huge grin on her face laughing at the entire situation and enjoying the ride with the top down.

I grill steaks etc but no need anymore.

Mow the lawn, now I do it in measured two hour bites over several days about once a month.

The female side? well she does jog over 3 miles a day, walks the dog a couple miles, and generally carries on inside as a care giver, enjoys just being able to be who she is...housework....
Go with the flow