THE OFFICIAL: Quote of the Day!!! #2

Do you have a creative side, such as writing stories, songs, poetry or more? Share it here so we can all enjoy it!

Moderator: KimberlyS

Lydia
We Will Never Forget You - Rest in Peace

THE OFFICIAL: Quote of the Day!!! #2

Post by Lydia »

"Democracy is the worst form of government - except for all the others."
Winston Churchill

--
fun

Lydia

This topic has been split due to its large size. The first section may be found here:

http://crossdressers-haven.com/forums/v ... php?t=3266

- SL
"There comes a time ... when you must grasp the bull by the tail and face the situation."
Rose Darn
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Rose Darn »

"Do you wake up grumpy, or do you let her sleep". ---My older brother (hehe)
rose
A Rose by any other name would smell as sweet
Jeannie
Miss Ruby Goddess

Another pearl of wisdom from our fearless leader.

Post by Jeannie »

George W. Bush dispensing invaluable information at a press conference at the Electoral Palace in Mainz,Germany with German Chancellor,Gerhard Schroder ,February 23,2005.

"Whether it be ministry-building or training of law enforcement officers,those are invital contributions."

Love
Jeannie

PS. Yes ladies. "Invital" is spelled correctly! Then there's W's sidekick Vice President Chenney who I call the the "The Stealth Bomber". He never shows up on anyones radar,you rarely see a picture of him in public and he's extremely dangerous! One thing I like about him though is he has singlehandedly proven law number four of my Ten Laws of the Universe. "Never trust a man they call Dick."
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

(and)

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

- - George Bernard Shaw

(--)

- SL

PS: Jeannie: You should tell the forum what those 'Ten Laws of the Universe' are that Gary and yourself created!! Enquiring minds would like to know!!
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Jeannie
Miss Ruby Goddess

I'd like to SL but I'd get banned!

Post by Jeannie »

I just had to post this from my Presidential(miss)Speak daily quote calendar of our fearless leader. This is George W. Bush speaking at The National Institutes of Health on the topic of education in Bethesda,Maryland. It's definately one of his best!

"If you can't read,it doesn't matter.That's just as simple as that. I mean,I know it doesn't sound very nuanced or sophisticated, but it's true. It's the absolute truth."

Ladies. You gotta love him! Hugs

Love
Jeannie

PS. Glad your back Silver Lady. I've been in pain since you went on vacation.Last wednesday night I cracked a molar and the filling came out. It didn't hurt at all so I called my dentist the next day and made an appointment for monday. I was moving Fabrizia up to UCONN on saturday and and it started to hurt. Saturday night it was trobbing and I didn't sleep at all. Sunday morning my left cheek looked like Marlon Brando in The Godfather.
I go to a walk in and the doctor give me antibiotics and says take some Motrin for the pain. Hurts like a demon all Sunday night and I spend the time watching the digital clock change.
I go to my dentist on monday and he says I have to have a root canal and reschedules the appointment because my face is too swollen. I go back to the doctor to get something stronger for the pain. He gives me percoset. I took two about an hour before bed monday and rocked out a bit on my guitar. Whoa SL. Now that's a painkiller! As I was rockin' out when suddenly there was a knock at the door. It was Jesus and Jimi Hendrix and they wanted to Jam. Sweet!
I went back to the Doctor today and told him I need more percoset because my dentist had to reschedule because of the swelling. He said I'll give you some until the appoinment date.When's your appointment?" I replied"August 14 2009!" :lol:
SilverLady(SO)

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

"One of the most dangerous forms of human error is forgetting what one is trying to achieve."

- - Paul Nitze

(--)

- SL

PS: Jeannie - I'm glad to be back, too, because I really did miss keeping in touch with all the ladies here, but the time spent with my SO was more important!! @@9@@ Ooooh, Percoset is my drug of choice, too - for those few times I really need a *strong* painkiller, that is! Hope you had a great Jam Session! :mrgreen:
SilverLady(SO)
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Jeannie
Miss Ruby Goddess

What a guy!

Post by Jeannie »

Hi SL!

This is a good one. Dubya speaking about the American Dream june 1, 2004 in washington,DC:

"There are men and women in our country who doubt,who have serious doubts,about we call the American Dream,and that ...as the President of a country who has herald the American Dream...that's troubling to realize"

Remember ladies. He graduated from Yale! Hugs.

Love
Jeannie

PS. That's great you go on vacation and spend quality time with your SO.
I was going to post the party pictures from last week when you were gone but I took them to Walgreens for prints and the police confiscated them! I knew it would happen! That dumb sheep wanted to get in the picture!
Hey Silver lady! I bet you don't know this one smartypants! How do do they practice safe sex in West virginia?.........

They brand the sheep that kick!
SilverLady(SO)

Acceptance

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Acceptance

Acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing, or situation - some fact of my life unacceptable to me and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing, or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment.

Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God's world by mistake; unless I accept life completely on life's terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes.

- - Kristone

(--)

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

"No other person can make you feel whole. Your wholeness comes from an inner peace and integrity..." Karen Katafiasz, from "Celebrate Your Womanhood Therapy"
DonnaT
Carolynn
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carolynn »

"As the hobbits are going up Mount Doom, the Eye of Mordor is being drawn somewhere else. It's being drawn to Iraq and it's not being drawn to the U.S. You know what? I want to keep it on Iraq. I don't want the Eye to come back here to the United States."
-- Sen. Rick Santorum

And this is why we are killing people, ours and theirs, so that our people (or more correctly our infrastructure) won't be damaged? Somehow I don't see the relationship between a limited number of thugs and the absolute evil the eye of Mordor was supposed to be.
"It’s not given to anyone to have no regrets; only to decide, through the choices we make, which regrets we’ll have,"
David Weber – In Fury Born
Carolynn
Miss Diamond Goddess

Bush Election Quote

Post by Carolynn »

"Can you believe I'm going to be the (edited) president?"
-- George W. Bush, to an Austin woman immediately after the Supreme Court handed down its decision in Bush v. Gore (reported by Sidney Blumenthal)
"It’s not given to anyone to have no regrets; only to decide, through the choices we make, which regrets we’ll have,"
Carolynn
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carolynn »

"I don't understand it. It would be like having Murderer's Pride Day."
-- Rev. Ted Haggard, commenting on gay-pride parades in 1996
Curly(SO)
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Curly(SO) »

Hmm..methinks I was overzealous editing Carolynn's President Bush quote :? Sorry! 8-[

love,
Curly.
CJ
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by CJ »

Happens to the very (edited) best of us, Curly. :wink:

Love,
CJ
SilverLady(SO)

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

The older you get the more you hold on
But before you know it, the day is gone.
Cherish each smile, each laugh, and each tear.
You blink your eyes and one day becomes a year.

- Dana Roberts Clark

(--)

- SL
SilverLady(SO)