My Creative side

Do you have a creative side, such as writing stories, songs, poetry or more? Share it here so we can all enjoy it!

Moderator: KimberlyS

TashaM
Miss Silver Goddess

My Creative side

Post by TashaM »

I really only have two hobbies. I have a colelction of Asian Ball Joint Dolls, from various companies, and I love to take portrait photos. For my girls (dolls) I also do all the makeup which includes all color, eyelashes, eyebrows blushing, lip color, body blushing etc. You can also change their eyes, hair, and clothing. It is so rewarding when you know you have done a good job in bringing one to life. Below I'll share a couple pictures I have taken. Since I have taken thousands of pictures over all.

This is Heather, my first one.

Close up of Heather's face

Full picture of her Victorian Gown

Semi close up, wearing Christmas outfit

Here are some of my favorite photos I have taken, not of my doll collection.

Green Parrot

Japanese Garden

Sunflower with sun beam

A single bright red rose

Thanks for looking :)
Virginia
Goddess of the Universe

Post by Virginia »

HI Tasha,

You don't know how much I admire someone with an eye for taking beautiful pictures. And your dolls, wow! Do you also make their clothes or do you buy them?

I remember once outside of Erie, Pa. It was early morning, it had snowed as it is want to do up there, about 4 -5 inches over night and there was this beautiful horse standing next to the fence in the snow and I stopped and took his picture. It came out clear, but it just did not do justice to the scene as I remember it. I have never forgotten that and have always wished for "an eye" for that scene as in my mind it is still so beautiful but the old adage, "a picture is worth a thousand words."

Anyway, we look forward to your sharing your talents with us.

Virginia
First star to the right, then straight on 'till mornin!
TashaM
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by TashaM »

Thanks,

No actually I buy most of the clothes for all my dolls. I don't have the sewing skills to make that kind of clothing. But know enough to get by on some things. The doll is from a Korean company called Luts, and the dress is from Cheerydoll.

I can totally relate. I to have seen some scenes where I tried to capture the moment, and it seldomly came out to how I wanted it to. Though the magority of what I have taken are either of my dolls, Flowers, or generally still life and landscape. While I enjoy portraits too, the dolls have been my only subjects in that area.