Acceptance

Do you have a creative side, such as writing stories, songs, poetry or more? Share it here so we can all enjoy it!

Moderator: KimberlyS

Caroline
Miss Emerald Goddess

Acceptance

Post by Caroline »

"The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely." Carl Jung.

"Whoever knows himself knows God." Muhammad.

"He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened." Lao Tzu.
"There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare.
Anita
Miss Diamond Goddess

Re: Acceptance

Post by Anita »

I was looking for posts from a former member, and I happened on this:
"The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely." Carl Jung.
That seems very true. I never saw that quote from Jung before this. A person could say that we have done that 'terrifying thing' by recognizing our feminine selves, to whatever degree. Then there's the buried angers, the sexual stuff that is inappropriate, the irrational fears--all of that can require a high degree of acceptance.
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Oscar Wilde: Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.

There is no greater beauty than the real YOU” via Nappturality.com

Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it…
- Mahatma Gandhi
DonnaT
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

"Know Thyself" /Motto of the Delphic Oracle

"An artist is someone who can hold two completely opposing opinions and still function"/Scott Fitzgerald as quoted in the TV version of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (by John Le Carre)
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
CharLee
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by CharLee »

This seems appropriate:
" To thine own self be true "
Anita
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anita »

I originally said:
"This thread has good symmetry--3 replies, and 333 views. A good poker hand, there."

However, CharLee got in first, and made it FOUR replies. So you'll have to disregard my opener.

"Everything understood is good." I can't verify where that came from--one source says St. Augustine. It certainly applies to my girlself. When she was knocking on the door to get my attention, I didn't understand her at all, and had no idea what to expect. By giving her a doorway to appear in the world, I saw more of who she was, how she moved around, and what she had to say to people.

Anthony wrote:
"An artist is someone who can hold two completely opposing opinions and still function"
I vaguely remembered that one the other day, in some baffling situation.

Donna wrote:
“Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it…”
Yet if the need to do it continues, then I've got a problem. I'm still applying this thread to transgender concerns. I've known of individuals who said that they could never come out of the closet; there was just no way. If the world were just, these individuals would then lose interest in the whole idea. If you can't do it, then why think about it?
But that's not how it works for TG/TS people. It can drive us crazy not to act on what we know about ourselves.
Kyra
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Kyra »

I wrot e this quite some time ago, along this general topic.
Kyra wrote:I hate to lie, I hate to lie
Control deception I must try
Bestill my anger lest I cry
I hate to lie, I hate to lie

I dare to dream, I dare to dream
Understand my need to be extreme
Acceptance only this I scream
I dare to dream, I dare to dream

I wish to be, I wish to be
So open for the world to see
My life my fate my destiny
I wish to be, I wish to be

Kyra Oct. 2004
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return. - Leonardo DaVinci
Leeza
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Leeza »

!!!yes!!!

Leeza
Leeza
Latanya
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Latanya »

a saying that helps me a lot
If I am not for myself, then who will be for me? And if I am only for myself, then what am I? And if not now, when?” Hillel the sage.
The fem side of me is ever evolving and growing.
Gina
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Gina »

Much wisdom here...I used to have the Hillel quote printed at work...
be a light in the world,
Gina
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

I have no fancy quote but I agree with CharLee 100%, as I have learned from my daughter when she ask me "daddy are you happy as you are". I said yes and that's all that counts. A happy mine is a healthy mine, so Carol Ann is in very good shape @@9@@
Robbin_Sinclair
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Robbin_Sinclair »

I wish I could offer more than a repeat of "to thy own self be true" but that's all I got. What I wanted to say is how this is the only place that would have so many replies of such good material. Thank you all. @@9@@
Marda
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Marda »

Hi :)
In reading here, I'm reminded of something that I posted years agoi ... I think it was under my old fave "kaleidascopic brainwashing" ... ;) Robert G. Olson ... "An Intense And Fully Authentic Life Is Not Without Risk, But It Is Better Than The Only Possible Alternative, A Life Of Self-deception and Quiet Desperation" :-k
Love/Marda :-({|=
Last edited by Marda on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ Some drink at the fountain of knowledge - Others just gargle ~
Marda
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Marda »

Anita wrote:I originally said:
"This thread has good symmetry--3 replies, and 333 views. A good poker hand, there."

However, CharLee got in first, and made it FOUR replies. So you'll have to disregard my opener.

"Everything understood is good." I can't verify where that came from--one source says St. Augustine. It certainly applies to my self. When she was knocking on the door to get my attention, I didn't understand her at all, and had no idea what to expect. By giving her a doorway to appear in the world, I saw more of who she was, how she moved around, and what she had to say to people.

Anthony wrote:
"An artist is someone who can hold two completely opposing opinions and still function"
I vaguely remembered that one the other day, in some baffling situation.

Donna wrote:
“Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it…”
Yet if the need to do it continues, then I've got a problem. I'm still applying this thread to transgender concerns. I've known of individuals who said that they could never come out of the closet; there was just no way. If the world were just, these individuals would then lose interest in the whole idea. If you can't do it, then why think about it?
But that's not how it works for TG/TS people. It can drive us crazy not to act on what we know about ourselves.
Just a quick qwip, no disrespect here ... "Better The Knife, Than The "Nutcracker" [-o<

Marda
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Marda »

Latanya wrote:a saying that helps me a lot
If I am not for myself, then who will be for me? And if I am only for myself, then what am I? And if not now, when?” Hillel the sage.
Tnx So Much , Latanya ... And, If Your Avatar Is True, "You, "Look" STUNNING =D>