My Soul

Do you have a creative side, such as writing stories, songs, poetry or more? Share it here so we can all enjoy it!

Moderator: KimberlyS

Ivanka
Miss Crystal Goddess

My Soul

Post by Ivanka »

Hi! I am Ivanka. I am an oil painting artist. Without exaggeration here is the true piece of my soul for your judgment:
http://ivankag.brinkster.net Oil. Canvas size: 92 x 61cm.

Although all of my paintings are created with inspiration and are full of my emotions, this one is very special. I am familiar only with 2 reactions to this painting so far: you either love it or find it awful. Most GGs have told me it’s the best in my range which includes very detailed realistic paintings. Their husbands /partners however would be sceptical about this work of mine. I guess you have to appreciate abstract painting as a style in general to be able to fall in love with this particular one. I do not know yet what you feel looking at it, but I am curious to know. I see a reflection of myself in there. That’s the story that I would not be shouting out to everyone but I wish to share it with you.

As you might know from my self-introduction in the new members section, I was fighting myself recently for about 4 long years, the female part of me. I thought Ivanka would never appear again in real life. And at that time my strongest desire to crossdress resulted in this painting. I mean I always have a strong desire to be crossdressed all the time. The fact that it was taboo for me made the feeling even stronger. And all those emotions are there in this very painting. I can see myself in there. Not literally. It’s not Realism, therefore it’s far from a classical self-portrait. It’s more the reflation of my inner world. I wonder if you can see yourself in there as in a mirror since we have same passions for crossdressing?
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: My Soul

Post by Anthony Simon »

Well, I like Kandinsky, so I've got a head start, I guess. The most striking thing about it is the eyes, which I find kind of amazing - lightning crossed with deer antlers or something. The eyes being the pathway to the soul...Antlers are on male deer

The bit I like least is the heart, I find the colours transition too abruptly from one to another. The design I quite like though. ?Like a bird. I tend to associate birds with women.

I think you've got the same sort of mouth in your Ivanka casual picture as this one - and also the colours in the scarf are somewhat reminiscent of the ones here.

Overall I like her - I think she's a kind of magic being, like a wood spirit or something. A lot of religions have trouble incorporating those old spirits.

When I was a child I played Titania (the queen of the fairies in Shakespeare's Midsummer's Night Dream, also a kind of wood spirit). I wouldn't mind having a bit of Titania in me now...
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
Ivanka
Miss Crystal Goddess

Re: My Soul

Post by Ivanka »

It's even if I made the portrait of crossdressers in a more classical way, eyes should be striking. In many cases we overdo a bit with eyelash extensions:) And if the colours transition were not too abruptly from one to another, it would be the heart of a GG, not me. Besides, I've got many positive feedback from people who, on the contrary, love the colours:
- It's a lovely piece, Ivanka. I like your use of colors and shades.
- I love the contrast of the gray and the flowing lines of colour :D it's great
- That is awsome . Love how the strokes and colours express so much . I agree that should be put up in a gallery
If you like the picture, what about buying it? You are good about telling about this picture. You can have it and tell your friends about the picture and the author.