This is a bit older, but a piece of my writing. enjoy :)

Do you have a creative side, such as writing stories, songs, poetry or more? Share it here so we can all enjoy it!

Moderator: KimberlyS

TiffanyS

This is a bit older, but a piece of my writing. enjoy :)

Post by TiffanyS »

for the masses...
When a void opens up behind me, and one in front, when i realize the sides are already black. Foreward i walk, holding the hand that keeps me sane throughout this journey through the abyss, although it is so dark, i can no longer see her face, but i know shes there and wont leave me. after a while in the dark, you know, you begin to lose track of where your feet fall. it is easy to trip, and, eventually, your sense of direction begins to fail you. with the insecurity of not being able to walk alone, the sickness begins to set into your stomach. i do, however, continue to walk, as we must make it into the light, and break down every wall and barrier that seperates us on the way..
It's then that i see the small light, and i am sure if is of my imagination. more and more pass by, each illuminating a figure. there were so many, i no longer remember the order in which they came, but they understood me as i spoke..
"I am sorry, child, that i have left you as of late, to fend for yourself.. i know it is hard to be alone, but trust me, you are better off without the one that you left behind... do not fret, though, soon i will return to keep you from falling too far.. just ihold on, until you find the same roof that i share.. You walk the path of the loner, and now i am all that you have, and you can come and find me anytime you need somebody to talk to.. i can see it in your eyes, but that is not where you need to be..."
and i walked on.
"My deepest apologies, old friend, it seems you feel, as well, that i have left you in your greatest time of need... you have been through alot, and it can be seen in your eyes, and the eyes of your little ones.. but i am certain you will see that soon enough. Although you have been left alone by the worst kinds of people, and left in the worst kinds of situations- never fear, because what doesn't kill you, can only make you stronger. it's OK to cry, and if you need nsomebody to talk to, you know how you can get to me in this void.. I'll be with you shortly, as well."
and i walked on...
"You... you, dear friend, i still hold you close to me, because i care about you, and i know that you are in good hands. ive seen the hands that treat you well, and i've heard the stories of the voice that carries you home.. never abandon that, although i am sure i will never HAVE to tell you this, because you can recognize it yourself... you have grown up alot, and i can hear it in your voice, and i can see it in your eyes, that you are no longer alone, and that you are happy, and can understand that i have left you alone in hands that need you, and you need, however, for the yearning i hear, as well, i will be here when you really need me, for the dark is really not all that dark..."
and i walked on...
"you, kid, i have watched you grow alot, that i have. you and i were once on the same plane, however i have watched you grow into something completely different. I have told you alot of my secrets, although not all of them, you are an ultimate bearer of my trust.. and i am sure i am, too, as i can see it in your eyes."
and i walked on...
"it's too bad that you do not need me anymore... because sometimes, sometimes, i still need you... its nerve racking, really, because you are one of the three that i could never look down on... i can only look up to you, and wish you were still around to talk to.. i still question things alot, and i do not know who else to talk to... there are very few people who can get what im saying... and i know that you were pretty far ahead of me, but you still helped.. so long, until we are under the same roof, and hopefully that will be so.........."
and i dropped to my knees for a moment, before i walked on...
then, i saw the light ahead, and could only wonder which of the two of which i cannot look down upon it would be... which of the three that possess the power to rule me... and then i realized there was nothing under the light, and the one whose hand i held let go, and my whole world spun around, and i felt my nose begin to bleed... and i felt the blood in my mouth... and then i looked over, and saw her in the light, and relaxed.. and i spoke.
"you, the one who pulled me out of this hell hole, the one who i will never let go of, the one who means the world, the one whom id tell anything to, the one whom i would die, or kill for, i sit below you, and reach up just to touch your hand... thank you for everything, and i think i will never be able to repay you fully... but there are still some things... its hard to figure it all out, especially that one thing... it makes me wonder, all that you went through, so please, drop me a piece. a piece of parchment, a piece of paper, a simple piece of the puzzle, and i will riddle it out.. ask anything, and i will gladly give it to you... let slip any secret, and ill die before i let it go."
and i took her hand, and walked on.
i knew of the only one which remained. the final one whom i looked up to, and i tried to walk away from the menacing, demeaning line... but she pushed me right back into place. and so i walked forward, her hand in mine, and then i saw the light, and broke into tears.
"from all i've been through, and through all ive put the few of you through, you were one i truly wanted to save for myself... for your help, and to help you, perhaps, but it seems you want none of it this time.. i am sorry, truly, i am, and i would do anything just to get you to see that, but i am afraid you will not... it's strange, how i cannot simply be happy with those around you understanding, but you were the one that really mattered. alot happened in that situation, and alot of people got hurt. however, not all of that was my fault, not that i am saying it was yours, or those around you, but things are different now... shattered completely, i pieced myself back together, the right way, and it kills me that you will not see it, no matter what i say or do, you will deny me, and leave me behind... "
all of the lights dimmed, flickered, and went off, and the sheer darkness of my thoughts brought it upon this place, and me and her stood alone, her questioning, and i could see it in her eyes, wondering who that last person was. and so i thought to myself, the lies are meaningless, and the liars are worthless... those who are worthless will come to me, and those who are not those liars will come with me until the end... theres no way thats who i am...
and then i turned to her in the dark, and spoke...
"it fears me to speak of it, and i may not get through it in one piece, but let me tell you a story... a story of the ages..."