What is your favorite smell...

Do you have a creative side, such as writing stories, songs, poetry or more? Share it here so we can all enjoy it!

Moderator: KimberlyS

Paige
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Paige »

Among many other "smells" that I might consider my favorites is the odor of my wife's hair as we cuddle in the morning before getting up.

Hugs, Paige
Don't get stressed, just get dressed.
LeftyRainbow(SO)
E-mail address not valid - Contact Admin

Post by LeftyRainbow(SO) »

ylang ylang oil.... @@9@@
Jeannie
Miss Ruby Goddess

What's that smell?

Post by Jeannie »

I love the scent of lilac when you walk past a flowering bush in summer. My mother used to make roast lamb surrounded by quartered potates that she seasoned with a bit of olive oil,fresh garlic and basil. The house would always smell so good. Cinnamon buns are also a close second Lorna. They smell fattening! Every two equals one jump in your dress size.

Love
Jeannie

PS. Lorna honey. I think cinnamon buns would be a very cute nickname for such a sweety like yourself.. :)
LeftyRainbow(SO)
E-mail address not valid - Contact Admin

Post by LeftyRainbow(SO) »

lilac is good...my mother used to make me bring in some for my teachers when i was young..the bees hounded me all the way to school...I was petrified..LOL! :lol:
Jeannie
Miss Ruby Goddess

Bee nice!

Post by Jeannie »

Lilac always reminded me of the old ladies in church when my Mom forced me to go when I was young. The last time I was in a church was for a wedding and the roof started creaking. All the memories of the scent aren't great! .....But then again happiness comes in small doses. That's life.

Love
Jeannie

PS. Sorry I missed you Honey Saturday night! Me bad. I was in dreamland! I stayed up too late Friday night(What a night!),I missed my Saturday afternoon nap and had my cute little jamies neatly laid out on the bed ready to go! :)
Kim Eastman

Post by Kim Eastman »

I would have to say, when I was young, it was the smell of my grandmother's pumpkin and apple pies baking at holiday time. Also the smell of the clean, crisp fall country air.

Kim
Patti D
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Patti D »

How about popcorn, vanilla extract, and at the other end High Octane racing fuel
PattiD
Leeza
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Leeza »

I think some of my favorite smells have to do with food cooking. I can't tell you which ones as after 60+ years I am still trying to figure that one out.

I also enjoy the smell of perfumes. Since my wife has gone on O2 all smells bother her and she reacts to perfumes. So you know it, I realy enjoy it when I can get in areas where I can smell the different fragrances of the perfumes

Leeza
Leeza
Carolynn
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carolynn »

Lilac reminds me of the lilac hedge that grew ouside the window of my Aunts house, which my bedroom window (when I visited) faced. It was so nice on the early but warmer spring mornings.

Vanilla I like as it reminds me of cookies baking at my grandmother's house, and since she made them from scratch, she usually smelled faintly of vanilla as well.

When I was young, I had bouts of what was called Croup at the time, which was really allergy drainage that collected in the bronchials and made it hard to breathe, similar to asthma. I would awaken in a panic, and I was given home remedy cough syrup, whiskey, lemon, and honey. That combination of citrus, the tang of the alcohol, and the slightly flowery of the local honey is a combination I still like, and the taste as well, though mostly found in home made Whiskey Sours in my later life.!! :)

Then in my recent life, my sense of smell has retreated until I can only distinguish concentrated smells right under my nose. :( Part of the consequences of the 1950's and '60s use of Dristan nasal sprays to combat allergies. That stuff was BAD!!!!!!

Carolynn
"It’s not given to anyone to have no regrets; only to decide, through the choices we make, which regrets we’ll have,"
David Weber – In Fury Born
Susan
Permanently Banned

Post by Susan »

I love the smell of old books

Mind you I love books any way

I hate the smell of white lilies though.
Susan

I know some things.
Raven(SO)
Miss Emerald Goddess

hey

Post by Raven(SO) »

Hey Susan
the smell of books is nice, I love the smell of fresh cut grass... I just mowed the lawn today and its so nice :)

Raven (SO)
CJ
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by CJ »

I love the smell of freshly burned Armenian paper wafting from the dashboard ashtray of a brand new Bentley as the smoke wends over the leather headrests to an old book lying next to a rose on the back seat. @@9@@

CJ
Patti D
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Patti D »

Walking through a grove of pine trees when the wind is blowing a little
PattiD
Karren Hutton
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Karren Hutton »

I was just in Prenzys spice store and you want to talk about ofactory overload. I'd say.. Its a tie between dried Chipotle peppers, Vietnamese cinnamon, Vanilla beans, Chocolate and Loreal's Color Riche lipstick! Yeah!!
Proud member of the National Sarcasm Society... Like we need your support!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Andrea Elise
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Andrea Elise »

To one side of the front door of my house is a "miniature Lilac" bush. Planted it several years ago and had forgotten about it blooming as it never had.

Two years ago it burst into flower, covered with blooms. The breeze through the open front window fills my house with that scent and I find it entrancing. Reminding me of my grandmother who always had vases filled with lilac blooms in season.

Sadly, that scent, bottled, never seems duplicated to my satisfaction. And my grandmother passed decades ago. But that smell, for me, will always bring wonderful memories of her.
And it feels like me...On a good day