A & B - - #9

Game time!! Let's have some fun playing games that were started by various members of the forum. Feel free to start one of your own!

Moderator: KimberlyS

Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: A or B #8

Post by Diana Michelle »

Both :lol: Living in the great white north more for warmth but that doesn't mean it can't be fashionable

Now that is September and fall is around the corner do you find yourself looking back and thinking about the summer past or are you looking forward to the change of seasons and beyond to the holidays?
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Hanna
Miss Emerald Goddess

Re: A & B - - #9

Post by Hanna »

Not looking back, but trying to extend the fall season as much as possible. I really don't get into the holiday season, too commercial and really don't have a lot of family left to do all the Christmassy stuff.
So if there others that feel the way I do- do you plan vacations around the holidays, or stay around home and join others in getting through the season?
Heather W
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Heather W »

As I still have family around it is about sticking around and celebrating with them and friends.

Christmas shopping, are you one who starts early and is done in plenty of time or are you like me running around that last week still looking for the perfect gift?
The time is always right to do what is right
Martin Luther Ling Jr
Hanna
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Hanna »

I was always a last minute person, and still am. But an idea came up a few years ago, was to look for gifts while on a vacation, or look at specials during the year. Just have to remember where you store them until the holidays arrive.

Buying jewelry- do you like the feel of a moderately heavy ear rings and necklaces, or do you prefer light weight accessories?
Amanda R
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Amanda R »

I love dangling and chandelier style earrings as long as they are not so heavy they bruise your neck.

Jewelry, would you prefer lots of cheap costume jewelry or a smaller collection of the good stuff?
"We may have all come on different ships but we are in the same boat now."
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

I much prefer the good stuff but can't please have a large collection if it? :lol:

The weather where I live has been very unseasonal so I pose the following

Are you more apt to chose an outfit based on the calendar or the weather forecast?
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Amanda R
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Amanda R »

Definitely by the weather! I could care less what the calendar says if it is 8- degrees out there there is no way this girl is going to put ona sweater and boots!

Wardrobe wise are you glad fall is here or sad summer is gone?
"We may have all come on different ships but we are in the same boat now."
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Heather W
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Heather W »

A little of both but maybe a tad more happy for the change of seasons so I can start anew with my clothing rotation for work.

Thigh high boots - fashionable or slutty?
Martin Luther Ling Jr
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

Definitely fashionable but you have to look at it as an entire outfit.

This came up a bit ago. Patterned tights, just for the young or can old ladies like me wear them?

Sarah Rene
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Sarah Rene »

Diana Michelle wrote: Patterned tights, just for the young or can old ladies like me wear them?
Diana I know you well enough that you are going to wear what you want regardless of what everyone else says! :lol:

Personally I think fashion rules are dead for the most part and patterned tights look fine with the right outfit.

Staying with hosiery and the like, fishnets. Fashionable or too sexy for everyday wear?
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

IMO too sexy for everyday wear, special occasions yes but not to the office.

Blackout tights - yes or no?

Hanna
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Hanna »

Blackout/opaque tights or leggins with long(cover you butt) sweaters, shirts, or short skirts/dresses.
Shearer black nylons with moderate to longer length dresses and skirts.

Finger nail polish- one finger different color from the others?
Heather W
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Heather W »

Finger nails all the same color

Do you change you finger nail color to match your outfit or stay neutral like pinks or reds?
Martin Luther Ling Jr
Shelby
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Shelby »

A little of both depending upon my mood.

Pantyhose or tights? (I am still confused as to the difference but, what the heck)
Robyn
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Robyn »

Shelby wrote:Pantyhose or tights? (I am still confused as to the difference but, what the heck)
Tights are generally opaque, and I prefer them over pantyhose. However, my preference would be footless leggings.

Silver or gold (jewelry)?
Normal, just not average,
Robyn