Gamers!

Game time!! Let's have some fun playing games that were started by various members of the forum. Feel free to start one of your own!

Moderator: KimberlyS

DanteCarrie (FTM)
Miss Platinum Goddess

Gamers!

Post by DanteCarrie (FTM) »

Ok so whos into gaming? my partner is Obsessed. i love it too but I'm a noob.

I love RPGs and tactical fantasy based games like might and magic and age of wonders.

Anyone bought dragonage origins yet?! its so good i beg you to buy it. the story line is vaired and brilliant. easy at first yet challenging later combat style. loving it.

also are you xbox, PC or Ps3

PC and xbox 360 lover here!
i miss team fortress!
Michelle Miller
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Michelle Miller »

Old school PC gamer here. Started with a C64. I haven't owned a console since the N64.

I played WoW for close to 3 years, finally giving up a few months ago. EQ/EQ2, The Matrix Online, Motor City Online, all that jazz.

I'm more into driving sims myself though. I'm currently looking for an old Race Drivin' cockpit cabinet to restore.
-Michelle-
"Inside me, there's a thin girl, screaming to get out, but cookies & ice cream usually shut her right up."
DanteCarrie (FTM)
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by DanteCarrie (FTM) »

awesome mate. I tried WoW but found the people weren't as friendly as in Lord of the Rings online. they were really noon haters lol
Michelle Miller
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Michelle Miller »

So tell me you're a Top Gear fan and your stock will go up considerably as well.
-Michelle-
"Inside me, there's a thin girl, screaming to get out, but cookies & ice cream usually shut her right up."
Kimberly Kael
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Kimberly Kael »

Guilty.

I've been into gaming since the dawn of video games, with the likes of the original Space War. I haven't been keeping up on the PC side of things since my wife enjoys the games so much that consoles in the living room make a great deal more sense. I am indeed playing through Dragon Age currently and I like the storyline a great deal. I find the combat a little clumsy and arbitrary, and technically the game is hit and miss, but as a sprawling fantasy epic it's quite successful.

My most recent favorite title was Uncharted 2 which is an absolute masterpiece. Tight gameplay, great writing and voice acting, a compelling story, and a technically stunning graphics engine that puts everything else to shame.
~ Kimberly

“To escape criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing." - Elbert Hubbard
Rik
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Rik »

Im an avid WoW addict have been for about 4 years now, I play daily and chat to friends on ventrillo all day long.
Jessica North
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Jessica North »

I have finally given up WOW. It was sucking the life out of me, and I was paying monthly for the luxury. Most things I was not accomplishing around the house, or other projects I have planned and never even started were probably negatively effected by my WOW time.

I wasn't addicted, but chose to spend a lot of my free time there, when I know I should have been doing something else. It was fun, but at a cost. I don't fault anyone for playing them, they are very entertaining and remarkably social. I'm just moving on for now.

Now if I could quick playing this darn Mahjong game...

Hugs,
Jessica
I took a ride in this world, now I'm spinning for the rest of my life...
Ashlyn
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Ashlyn »

I Love Video games!!! I go back to the days of Intellivision, Atari, Colecovsion... and now I play WOW daily and do enjoy it.

Some games over the years I have enoyed are:

Sea battle, Utopia, Ultima, final fantasy I- IV, Baldurs Gate I, II, Torment, Dungeon Keeper, Star wars.
Hugs and kisses, Ashlyn
AnneTipodean

Post by AnneTipodean »

Guild Wars fan here, waiting on GW2 to come out so I can blow some time there too.
CJ
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by CJ »

Hi all,

Yep, although I don't consider myself a hardcore gamer, I do consider myself a hardcore fan of video games. I play, for sure, but I also love to read up on gaming history and culture as well as on the industry as a whole.

In the past, I've owned a ColecoVision, an Atari 2600, an NES, an SNES, a GameBoy, a GameBoy Advance, a GameCube, and an Xbox.

I still own a Nintendo 64 and an Xbox 360 (the latter connected to my home theater and HD television). I have a dozen or so N64 games, about 150 Xbox games, and maybe two dozen Xbox 360 games.

I'm very much a solo flyer, either on PCs or on consoles. The online multiplayer experience has never done much for me; there's way too much competitiveness and testosterone out there. I hate smack talk and bluster.

My favorite genres: anything that's both story-driven as well as moody, atmospheric, and creepy. The franchises I love most are: Doom, Myst, Tomb Raider, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Halo, and anything Rare puts out.

I have a fetish for Xbox 360 arcade games. Classics such as Banjo-Kazooie and Serious Sam have the power to kill my schedule.

I've never played WoW, EQ, FF, or any such sprawling MMORPGs. It's just too involved. I'd rather spend a couple of hours in Second Life, if I'm going to hang out in an online virtual world.

One game I'm absolutely eager to (finally) see released is Alan Wake. I sense an early summer spent in darkness. :mrgreen:

Game on, folks!

Love,
CJ
Carolynn
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carolynn »

I know I am incredibly behind the mark here, but I am so not into computer gaming (other than solitare or poker or monopoly). I prefer the paper and pencil games with friends, or even a boxed game. To me online and confuser gaming boils down to twitch and jerk action and I just do not have the coordination to do that successfully. But gaming is gaming, so game on everyone!
"It’s not given to anyone to have no regrets; only to decide, through the choices we make, which regrets we’ll have,"
David Weber – In Fury Born
CJ
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by CJ »

Hey there, Carolynn, nothing wrong with a good game of Freecell or Solitaire on the PC. I still indulge once in a while. Same goes for, uh, "hard copy" games. I enjoy a good game of Monopoly or chess or backgammon or even Doom (yes, I have a Doom board game).

For those of you out there that enjoyed the Myst series of games, I created a video tribute to the first three games in the franchise some months back. You can find it here, on YouTube: Mysterium. Enjoy!

Love,
CJ
LaceyRor

Re: Gamers!

Post by LaceyRor »

DanteCarrie (FTM) wrote:Anyone bought dragonage origins yet?

Yes, I agree with Dragonage Origins! I love the gameplay, but I've only tried it on normal and without changing the tactics (it seems like a daunting task, to come up with a good list for any given situation. I usually try to sort something out, but then I get distracted when I realise I'm not hacking stuff). I'm currently going through different origin stories, I'm only on my second play through so I've got ages to spend on it :P I think when I last looked at Steam, I had spent about 250+ hours on it :/ Haha, that's the last time I played it.

Anyway, I'm a PC gamer. I've never been comfortable without a mouse and keyboard. I remember Goldeneye on the N64 though, those were the glory days. Sucks for me though, looks like the PC gaming industry is going down the pan, what with all the rampant piracy. I can understand if you want to download a game, to test it. But without paying, how are good game makers supposed to know what sells well? Steam is fantastic, it has so many special offers - you can't really go wrong. I think I saw GTA IV for about £6 recently.

There's a few excellent games coming out soon-ish. I can't wait for Mass Effect 3 to come out. I love being a belligerent Sheperd :D And Fallout New Vegas! Made by the same folks who made the first 2 games. It's going to be awesome. And Civilisation VI! Too many good games, not enough time :/ If you like strategy, you might like Civilisation.

Oh, anyone seen Osmos?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pso6UBicLWU it's a cool laid back little game.

Has anyone played any MUDS, incidently? I really have a soft spot for them. If you didn't know, MUD stands for Multi User Domain/Dimension/Dungeon. It's all text based, so you get a constant stream of text in varying colours, playing with other users. There's a lot of freedom in it. Quite a few of the players roleplay, so you can get lost in the world of text, if you can cope with no graphics, that is.
Kimberly Kael
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Kimberly Kael »

CJ wrote:Same goes for, uh, "hard copy" games. I enjoy a good game of Monopoly or chess or backgammon or even Doom (yes, I have a Doom board game).
One of my prized possessions is a copy of the extremely limited run Risk: Black Ops (link) board game. Still in shrink-wrap, lovingly displayed.

How did you like Alan Wake? There's not much beyond the main storyline (the thermos collecting was especially lame) but I loved the story and atmosphere. I'm looking forward to more, though color me confused about where they can take it from here.
~ Kimberly

“To escape criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing." - Elbert Hubbard
Cindy Louise
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Cindy Louise »

Old school here I play 2mm, 6mm and 15mm Ancients or Napoleonics and I've played and GM'd more than my fair share of Shadowrun and Chill games. Oh yeah and Mechwarrior RPG.