Gamers!

Game time!! Let's have some fun playing games that were started by various members of the forum. Feel free to start one of your own!

Moderator: KimberlyS

Alizee_Noelle
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Alizee_Noelle »

Heh, my first gaming machine was a Sinclair ZX Spectrum clone, pieced together by my dad. You loaded games (and programs) from an audio tape, and if you got bored of that you could go on to write your own in all the glory of 48k Basic on a 3.5MHz processor. :mrgreen:
From that I moved to the SNES, for which I still have a lot of games. I've got most of the roms for those on my mobile phone, and it's quite funny to see the look on people's faces when they hear the Super Mario theme and see what's on my screen 8)
On the PC, I enjoyed Doom, Blood and the likes, going on to "matchbox" racing with NFS Porsche, and pretty much keeping it on through to the 2009 Wolfenstein installment (which was a bit of a disappointment in my book). After this I pretty much moved full-time to Linux, and to less involved independent games like World of Goo and Hedgewars :lol:
The online bandwagon isn't all that alluring to me, except a few small MMORPGs from the old days, like MU online, I haven't really found too much fun in it.

When it comes to genres, RTS is the king of the hill for me. Then come RPGs, especially those from the Elder Scrolls series and Neverwinter Nights. I'm not too shabby at shooters either, and I'm more of a Unreal Tournament persona rather than a Quake fan, although I play both of them as well :D
-- Alizee
Andrea Elise
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Andrea Elise »

My first gaming experience was PONG.Followed by Atari 2600, VIC20, C64, and my first PC built from scrap parts scavenged from my then job at a computer service shop.

I have many of the retro Atari games on my computer. I seem to be fixated on Asteroids Deluxe.

But, I also love flight simulation and love the Ace Combat games on the PS2. We have a WI (?), but it is in the box these days.

Ace Combat Zero is my favorite on the PS2. After an annoying day of frustration at work I let off steam with only cannon fire at enemy aircraft. If I can't get them that way, I might resort to a heatseeker.

Time is not my friend these days so, games sit idle.

Andrea
And it feels like me...On a good day
Tiana
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Tiana »

Weee, i love MMORPG but i dont play much now cuz im trying to make a game of my own. What kind of game do u play? I played many game like ragnarok, combat arm, runescape,...
Tiana
MissBrooke
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by MissBrooke »

I love the oldschool PS2 games! The 90s were awesome :)
Eloise Goth
Permanently Banned

Post by Eloise Goth »

so nobody plays 'Kerplunk' anymore?
And you thought I was dead.
Paula G
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Paula G »

Sorry Kerplunk is a bit modern, I love scrabble, but can't spell! so as a family we play "uno"
Paula

Just because you don't believe it, that doesn't mean it's not true
Anna
Miss Golden Goddess

Re: Gamers!

Post by Anna »

Ooh, another oldie thread...

Ludo or Snakes and Ladders anyone...?
I started with a Commodore VIC20, then a 64, then an IBM PC at work (no games there)
When I eventually got a PC at home, started programming in IBM Basic and actually managed to write a working version of "Monopoly" before the commercial lot got into it!
Later got Microsoft Visual Studio 6, and got into VB6, for work purposes. (Never got into Visual C++)
On the games front, started with the original versions of Sim City, Transport Tycoon, later into Cossacks, but now, on the railway front it has to be Trainz! (Still play solitaire and minesweeper occasionally)
Anna x

What seems like the right thing to do could also be the hardest thing you have ever done in your life.
Drea Lynn Stewart
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Drea Lynn Stewart »

No so much with the console video games, with the notable exceptions of Zelda and Mario.

I play a lot of board games (Carcassonne, Settlers, Scrabble, Ticket to Ride, Pandemic... and on, and on...), tabletop games (RPGs), and several time-waster games on my iPhone though.

Actually getting to go out and play boardgames with some friends tonight for the first time in months.

Hugs,
Drea
Lots to learn, lots to love, lots to live
Nicole
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Nicole »

Gaming is sort of my main hobby and probably the one thing that really makes me happy besides CD'ing (and my girlfriend of course).
Since I love japanse culture I mainly play Role Playing Games from japanse origin. Think games such as Final Fantasy and the Tales of series. Those games also have characters with wonderfull outfits such as these:
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... riaArt.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CTbN-Aojlow/T ... inoa_2.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
People at the conventions I visit dress up and act like these characters (that is called cosplay).
There are even crossdressers in that department called Crossplayers.
Futhermore, I have been #3 european player in Pokemon, but it got to hard for me to continue so I dropped out.
I dislike shooters, perhaps the form of violence isn't something for me. And I also play some MMORPG's where I mostly pick female characters since male ones just look... blerg
Jhenna

Post by Jhenna »

A bit of a part time WoW head, usually play for while get fed up with but come back for more. Have played and like the Tomb Raider, Silent Hill (first game was so atmospheric) & Resident Evil franchises. I also have a soft spot for retro games.

May try The Lord of the Rings online games at some point.