Gaming, huh?

Game time!! Let's have some fun playing games that were started by various members of the forum. Feel free to start one of your own!

Moderator: KimberlyS

Nick
Miss Emerald Goddess

Gaming, huh?

Post by Nick »

HAHA! A perfect chance for me to ask the CD world what video games they like to play. I'm partial to Final Fantasy myself... Just I through IX... I played FF X-2 at a local gaming store, and felt a sudden urge to find a really high cliff to throw myself off of... Luckily, I just put the controller down, and slowly walked backwards out of the store.
BADGERS?!? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGERS!!!
Gaven McLaren
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Gaven McLaren »

I am fond of the FF games FF7 and 8 are my two favs. I wish that square would put one on the Xbox however I know that will not happen for quite a while or at least until the Xbox 2 comes out. I am however waiting for Fortza to come out as well as Fable.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons. As you are crunchy and good with chocolate!
CJ
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by CJ »

Hi all,

I just tried EverQuest for the first time on a friend's PS2 last week. It was okay, I guess. I'm not a big fan of those types of games (well, Deus Ex: Invisible War and KOTOR and maybe Morrowind are fine, I think). No, I'm more of an FPS fan.

I went to Future Shop a few nights ago to try out Doom3. I was blown away (in the blink of an eye, too)! It's coming out on the Box sometime late next week. Finances being what they are these days, I'll have to be patient on this one. I'm eager to take a gander at Half-Life2 and Halo2 as well. And, like Gaven, I'm looking forward to some hands-on time with Fable.

Currently playing on my XBox: Thief: Deadly Shadows (although I've yet to finish Breakdown).

Still waiting for Xenon specs. 8)

Love,
CJ
Beauty
Retired Site Administrator

Post by Beauty »

Hi there,

I'm totally a RPG person. :) Especially online. Everquest was revolutionary, but there are newer games out that I dearly love. :) One of those is City Of Heroes. It's got me where I've got in trouble with wifey poo :)

Here's a link that you should be able to use to find out more about what some people play. :)

http://crossdressers-haven.com/forums/v ... .php?t=597

Regardless, it's great to have another gamer with us!!! :) =D> :)

Beauty
SophieLawson
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by SophieLawson »

I'm a racer :) Love all xbox racing games, one I played the most was MotoGP 1. So cool, but also I got lost in Tomb Raider 1, FFVII ... loads of games, I like everything really :)

Sophie xx
Tracy
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Tracy »

Right now I'm playing burnout 2, waiting for burnout 3, gran turismo 4, and halo 2.
Nick
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Nick »

While I play a lot of FF games, there are other games that I like.

One that's been mentioned above is Morrowind. I played that on my cousin's X box and must say that it is worth playing even if you're not the RPG type. It's basically a game with the mechanics of an RPG with the gameplay of a shoot 'em up. It is probably the most realistic that I have ever seen (although I must admit that my veiw is very limited...)

A game that I like to play with friends in a party setting is 007 Goldeneye. In racing (or vehicular combat...) I like Jet Moto and Twisted Metal. Fighting is Mortal Kombat all the way! And last but not least, the Zelda series is always good to kick back with...

There's my expanded list of games I enjoy.
Jessie
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Jessie »

Well I like sports games, mostly do the fact that they never really have an end but they can get borring. I like Grand Theft Auto for it open play style (go anywhere do anything) I Can't wait to get Fable and of course the granddaddy of all games this year HALO 2.

Jessie
Lorna
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Lorna »

I don't know if this counts but I just downloaded 'The Italian Job' game onto my phone! I've also got Baseball 2004 and Betty Boop Flower Catch. 8)

I miss my Samsung phone (the one that fell in the toilet). That phone had Pac Man on it!
Live it. Love it. OWN IT.
Tracy
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Tracy »

In any game where I had the choice, I'd always make a female character. My friends would see me playing, and they'd go, "why are you playing a girl?"

"Duh!" I'd exclaim, "What would you rather see running around on the screen?"

The retort would always be met with pensive silence.

Now, all of my friends make female characters when playing video games.
Beauty

Post by Beauty »

LOL

Hi Tracy,

My friends also ask the same questions. I say, "Because people treat femme characters nicer." :mrgreen:

Celes thanks for starting this thread, it's way cool to see how many gamers are here and read what they are playing. :)

:hypnotizing voice ::
Geeet this CLICK HERE :wink:

Beauty
Eloise Goth
Permanently Banned

Post by Eloise Goth »

I love gaming...mainly stuff like gta and doom. my computer needs some upgrading before I can get doom 3 or battlefield:vietnam though... hopefully I'll have it all done before gta: sanandreas is released on pc format.
And you thought I was dead.
Beauty

Post by Beauty »

Hi Eloise,

Isn't it funny how games usually get us to upgrade our systems? :)

I hate that! :) Well... until I'm on the new system. :wink:

What's gta? :-k

Beauty
Eloise Goth
Permanently Banned

Post by Eloise Goth »

gta is grand theft auto...not a game for the sensitive souls amongst us! there are -so far at least-4 games in the series.The last 2, gta 3 and gta: vice city gained publicity after pressure groups called for them to be banned claiming that violence in such games would make kids violent.
yeah, its a pain in the butt having to upgrade computers to play the latest games, but its worth it because games on computer play much better than consoles.
And you thought I was dead.
SophieLawson
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by SophieLawson »

I have been playing Burnout 2 sooo much this past few days, just got back into my xbox. I love that game so much, I cant wait for Burnout 3, but you can't even lbink else ya crash. So coool!

Sophie xx