Having Fun With The Telemarketers!

We all like jokes, humor and other funny stuff, so let's lighten things up a bit with a few laughs (or groans, as the case may be)!!

Moderator: KimberlyS

Martha G
Miss Golden Goddess

Having Fun With The Telemarketers!

Post by Martha G »

I have a voice that sounds like a woman's on the telephone. At times when I am speaking and the person is not looking at me they sometimes think I am a woman.

I do not have a feminine voice but it tends to be a little high.

Well, I have used this to a great advantage with telemarketers.

I try to feminize my voice .

Well, so far I have been called M'am, Miss, Lady of the house, Mrs my real last name!

And no one has caught on.

So instead of being irritated by telemarketers , I have fun with them.

I look forward to calls now so I can practice my voice on the telephone.

If I sound like a woman, why not be one!
I AM NOW A WOMAN- I FOUND MYSELF
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Re: Having Fun With The Telemarketers!

Post by KimberlyS »

I have a higher pitch voice for a guy and have had people on the phone think I was the woman of the house. It is fun to use to my advantage to screen my calls.

Just gotta have fun.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Kelly
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Kelly »

Keep it up Martha!!!!!

The more time you tie up a telemarketer, the less time they have to call the rest of us.

You are performing a community service, and, for a bonus, you get to practice the voice.

Kelly
I thought a CD was something you stuck in a computer
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

My trick with telemarketers was before they started their spiel I ask them if they could hold on "just a sec" then I would set the phone down and walk for half an hour or so.

I did actually have one that stayed on the line that long so I did at least listen to hi BS before I politely said no and hung up.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Toni_Lynn_P
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Toni_Lynn_P »

I usually do my Peter Lorrie imitation and say "I'd love to speak with you, but I'm trying get the blood stains off the knife and out of the carpet. Do you have ideas for human blood?"

Hugs

Toni-Lynn
Martha G
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Martha G »

LOL! That is funny.

However I prefer being a woman on the telephone with the telemarketers. I just feel so feminine with them and like a femme fatale lead them to there demise! LOL!
I AM NOW A WOMAN- I FOUND MYSELF
Debbie Jean
Account Deactivated at Member's Request

Post by Debbie Jean »

I usually tell them that I need their Social Security number "before we can proceed further". That usually shuts them down QLAB.

XOXO,
Deb
Sarah Beth
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Sarah Beth »

Where I live we are able to put a blocker on which says if they are a telemarketer we don't want their call and they have to dial one to get past that. This eliminates almost all of them because most use a computer to dial the phone and computer can't do that.

Obviously the governments do not call and the laws about telemarketers don't work. If one does get past all that I ask them their name, how to spell their name, what company they work, and to spell that. If that haven't hung by then I tell them they have violated Federal and State laws and I am reporting them.

In the last year what has been bad around here has been all the politicians calling. I would ten time rather have a telemarketer than a politician on the pone.
"It takes all kinds of kinds"
Miranda Lambert
Debbie Jean
Account Deactivated at Member's Request

Post by Debbie Jean »

I had an interesting one the other day. A telemarketer actually hung up on me! So very funny! I answered the phone:
Me: Hello? Hello? Hello? Waited several seconds for response.
Her: Hi, I'm Debbie from ARC.
Me: I'm Debbie too. Good morning Deb.
Her: I'm usually right with voices, but you sound like a guy to me, maybe it's just this phone or something.
Me: No, your right. Al is my legal first name, Debbie is my cross-dressing name.
Her: Let me get this right, you're a guy but you dress like a woman?
Me: That's right. Female outerwear sometimes, male outerwear other times. Always a bra and panties underneath though, except of course when I'm
lounging in my baby dolls like I'm doing right now, that's why I answered as Debbie.
Her: I don't need to hear that!
Me: Well, you were the one who asked, weren't you?
CLICK!

So she hung up on me. Very funny, but at times dead serious. I guess maybe honesty is the best policy after all.
Emily
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Emily »

Deb wrote: Her: Let me get this right, you're a guy but you dress like a woman?
Me: That's right. Female outerwear sometimes, male outerwear other times. Always a bra and panties underneath though, except of course when I'm
lounging in my baby dolls like I'm doing right now, that's why I answered as Debbie.
Her: I don't need to hear that!
Me: Well, you were the one who asked, weren't you?
CLICK!
Brill!

:)
Michelle Diane
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Michelle Diane »

I used to get annoyed both with myself and the caller for thinking it was a woman on the phone but now I don't care and even play it up sometimes. But it does have it's downside like the other week my bank called me back and said could I speak to your husband as he's primary on the account. I said "I" was out but as it's a joint account I know his passwords and security questions so fire away. At the end of the call the guy from the bank said thank you Mrs Mi**@#d have a nice day.
One wears a mask for so long you forget who you are beneath it......I've now removed my mask.
Bernice
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Bernice »

Sarah Beth wrote:Where I live we are able to put a blocker on which says if they are a telemarketer we don't want their call and they have to dial one to get past that.
I have a hardware device that does exactly that! The company that made it has gone out of business, but I was able to snag one of the last new ones - at double the original retail price.

I hate having to be so anti-social, retaining the rather hostile pre-recorded outgoing announcement, but I haven't had to talk to a robot in ages. I have had to do some training - explaining to friends and business contacts that this device is merely to separate the robots from the humans.

Years ago, I actually sued a telemarketer in small claims, and got a judgement. Unfortunately, the criminal left the state before I could collect.
Cathey
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Cathey »

you're responces is totally halirous I laugh for hours.
=D> that's great you'';ve made my day
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

For the house phone, I just let the machine answer.

With my cell, sometime I'll answer, when expecting a call from an unknown number, but usually let it go to voice.

If I answer, "Hello", and don't get an immediate response, I say "Too slow!" and hang up.
DonnaT
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Lately when I answer and I do not know the number I either just answer and wait, or start a clicking noise. If I could do a high pitch whine of a modem I would do that. :mrgreen:
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.