Forum Emails Being Blocked

Talk about anything else: your pets, your car, movies, celebrities, or other things you like. As a reminder, political and religious discussions do not belong in here, nor any other topics that may incite a heated debate! As always keep it clean, please.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Celia

Which Email Provider is Blocking Your Forum Emails?

Ameritech
No votes
AT&T
No votes
Bell South
No votes
Comcast
No votes
Cox
No votes
Earthlink
No votes
Gmail
No votes
GTE
No votes
Hotmail / Outlook
29%
Live
No votes
MSN
No votes
SBC Global
No votes
Verizon
No votes
Yahoo! / Ymail
71%
Other (please identify via 'Reply' below)
No votes

Total votes: 7
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Forum Emails Being Blocked

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Hi, Everyone -

Emails coming from the Forum can be for a variety of reasons, such as notice of topic reply, new private message, notice of new account activation, and the like, and these emails must reach the member (or proposed member) . . . which is why we require that everyone have an active email address on file.

Unfortunately, we are still experiencing problems with various email providers who have chosen to block all emails coming from the forum. We are trying to resolve this situation but we have no control over them, either.

Emails that are going to your Spam or Junk folders are not considered as being 'blocked' - that just means you have not added our email address {siteadmin (at) crossdressers-haven (dot) com} into your Contacts List. #-o

I'd like to know - via poll and/or comments below - if your email provider is actually blocking our emails from reaching you. I know that I am personally experiencing problems with both Yahoo! and Hotmail/Outlook.

If our emails are reaching you without any problem, please do NOT answer the poll above. However, please let us know the email provider you are using so that we know which one we may all want to use! :yes:

Members who wish to use another email address for the forum - please contact me via PM only with that new address and I will make that change to your account.

Changing Your Email Address - http://crossdressers-haven.com/forums/v ... 65&t=15991" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks in advance!

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: Forum Emails Being Blocked

Post by Davita »

Honestly I don't recall ever seeing an email. Maybe you should send one at a particular time and date so we can all watch for it. I have yahoo but at the moment, I'm getting bombarded by dozens a day so I only occasionally scan thru them to see if good stuff is getting caught.
{squeezes}
Davita
SilverLady(SO)

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Davita -

You are not currently set to receive email notifications on new PMs or topic replies . . . you can change those settings via your UCP.

In re: sending out a mass email, right now that would not be effective because most members seem to be using Yahoo or Hotmail and I know from personal experience those emails are not being delivered.

I will be experimenting with Gmail next . . . but really hoping that Yahoo and Hotmail lift their email blocks soon. [-o<

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

I hadn't looked at my yahoo mail in over a year!
DonnaT
SilverLady(SO)

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

For shame, Donna! #-o

I've been receiving forum emails to both my Hotmail and Gmail accounts without any problems. \:D/

However, Yahoo is still blocking our emails. :(

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
Kelly
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Kelly »

Hi,
My email provider is AOL. I'm getting email from siteadmin (at) crossdressers-haven (dot) com whenever a PM arrives for me.
I generally see the PM long before the notification, cause I only check that account about once a week, or so.

Kelly.
I thought a CD was something you stuck in a computer
SilverLady(SO)

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Well, I'm pleased to report that our web host was successful in getting Yahoo! to lift their block and our emails are going through without incident. Yahoo was not blocking the forum per se but another site on our shared server.

As of this writing I am not aware of any email provider blocking our emails. If you are set to receive forum emails and you know they are not being delivered, please post below with the name of your email provider so we may check into it.

- SL
SilverLady(SO)