Venting

Talk about anything else: your pets, your car, movies, celebrities, or other things you like. As a reminder, political and religious discussions do not belong in here, nor any other topics that may incite a heated debate! As always keep it clean, please.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Celia

OliviaM
Miss Platinum Goddess

Venting

Post by OliviaM »

Maybe some would disagree, but I feel Sunday was a wasted day. Most of the day was spent trying to assemble a storage shed. I hate these projects. Instead of doing it myself I prefer paying someone who knows what they are doing. Besides paying a pro helps the economy. The thing would have been finished in an hour or two and done right. After 12 hours over 2 days not done and not put together right. But brother-in- says he can do it. I fully admit I am not at all mechanically inclined and do not wish to start learning now. Anything would have been better than this. Cleaning the bathroom would have given me more satisfaction. It just irks me when people think they can do what they really can't. Paying $100 would have been cheaper than all the hours wasted. Thanks for letting me get this off my chest. :-({|= :-({|=
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Re: Venting

Post by DonnaT »

(--)
DonnaT
OliviaM
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by OliviaM »

Thanks DT. I needed that. Feeling better today and got a lot accomplished. (--) (--) (--) back at ya!
Robyn
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Robyn »

This reminds me of the time I built our our green house from a kit. OMG, what a chore. I made it fun by taking a time lapse photo series of it being constructed and added some banjo music... got a few laughs which made it all worth while.
Normal, just not average,
Robyn
Sarah Beth
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Sarah Beth »

I'm sorry you had such a hard time trying to put your shed together. It's not everyone's thing. Myself, I build houses and with some of the help I've had over the years I can understand how some people just can't do it.
"It takes all kinds of kinds"
Miranda Lambert
OliviaM
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by OliviaM »

Thanks Sarah Beth and Robyn. Wish you both were here to get the job done. That sounds like a funny video Robyn. But the shed is up and only needs a couple of finishing touches and some things done because some of the edges don't line up right. But it should serve the purpose.

=D> =D> (--) (--) Olivia
Martha G
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Martha G »

I have had projects in the past that were both overwhelming and aggrivating.

Know what you went through.

It's good you got to let it out here.
I AM NOW A WOMAN- I FOUND MYSELF
OliviaM
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by OliviaM »

Thanks Martha. It was better than actually hurting his feelings and causing problems. Besides I may need him to help with a video project, which is something I believe he can actually do and has gotten paid for in the past. Later gator.
Martha G
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Martha G »

After while crocodile!

Talk atcha later hon
I AM NOW A WOMAN- I FOUND MYSELF
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Olivia you could have flew me out and I would have put it together for you. Me just a guy in a skirt, blouse, steel toe work boots, and work belt. :mrgreen:
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Noeleena
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Noeleena »

Hi,

Now you know why people get me to do their jobs I trained in my fields and do most things building joinery and home decorating even to the point of cutting down the trees having them cut to size 6x2 4x2 3x2 6x1 then strip stack and then build the house and so on ,

You know what don't knock your self out not every one can do what I have and can do ,

You see theres things I cant do and that's computers and English language learning spelling and grammer and so on so there you are , yes I have disadvantages and I make up for them in other ways and it makes little difference wether your male or female.

...noeleena...
OliviaM
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by OliviaM »

I really need a picture of that outfit Kim. I'll remember the next time. And of course you would prefer it to be on Jan. or Feb. You are so right Noleena, we all have different talents. But my father was a mechanic who could fix anything. The only thing he ever taught me was to call him and let him fix whatever was broken. Thanks ladies. (--) (--) Olivia
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Requal Jo »

I can empathise and sympathise with you Olivia. My wife used to have me construct items from kits she had bought and I did enjoy the work however long it took. However she did quite often mention the time it took to complete the job.

Now she is very happy for me to have the professional attend and construct the kits. Less time, less complaining and put together correctly with no parts left over.
Requal
Debbie Jean
Account Deactivated at Member's Request

Post by Debbie Jean »

I find that I'm not the "Jack of all trades". At first that was humbling for me (different than humiliating), until I found out that many of my friends were in the same boat. When we got together and all admitted this in front of the group, it was like a breath of fresh air--totally liberating. Then we started working together, that's when the real changes started happening.

An example of that was a transaction between myself and another member of our little "can't do it all" club. I had mentioned to Bill, who happened to be a whiz with computers that mine was "acting up". At the same time I said that I thought his Buick was making funny noises. End result: He fixed my computer, I put a new water pump in his Buick, and no money changed hands.

Our little club has been in existence about three years and has 18-20 members. The money savings between us has gotten into the thousands in that short time, again with no money changing hands.

Governments just hate that of course, when individuals do work with no money changing hands, they always want their cut of course.

thanks for listening to my 2c worth,

Deb
Debbie Jean
Account Deactivated at Member's Request

Post by Debbie Jean »

Addendum to my last reply on this post:

A few years ago, I offered to re-shingle the roof of the house next door. The woman that lived there and I agreed on the terms.

I would buy the shingles and do all the labor, and she would pay me by signing over to me a certain 3-year old Chevy Impala. The car had only 10,000 miles on it and sat in her garage unused since her husband had passed away.

When I sent the registration in, I got a letter back from the state. They wanted to know what I paid for the car, as there was a "general" sales tax on all cars, used or new. They wanted their "cut". I responded by saying I paid nothing for it, telling them that she gave me the car as payment for the roofing job.

Then they wanted to know what the roofing job was worth. I replied by telling them that no dollar amount was ever discussed between us.

Then they wanted to assess me a sales tax based on the "blue book" value of the car, and wanted me to sign a form stating that's what I paid for the car. I refused by telling them that I would not sign my name to a lie.

We had a few more "back and forths" then the letters quit coming. That was nine years ago, and I haven't heard from them since. I guess they gave up.

Some people can be downright tedious, maybe they had ground glass instead of sugar on their cereal that morning or something like that.

thanks for letting me vent, have a good rest of your day,

Deb