What bands have you seen?

Talk about anything else: your pets, your car, movies, celebrities, or other things you like. As a reminder, political and religious discussions do not belong in here, nor any other topics that may incite a heated debate! As always keep it clean, please.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Celia

Kendra Lynn
Miss Emerald Goddess

A few more...

Post by Kendra Lynn »

Hello again: Boy, just can't stop-- here we go for a few more: Jethro Tull, Was (Not Was), Kid Creole & the Coconuts, Chumbawamba, The Watersons, The Boys of the Lough, Les Yeux Noirs, Flook, Uncle Earl, The Alexandria Kleztet, Ollabelle, Sharon Shannon, Lunasa, Kathryn Tickell, Arizona Smoke Revue, Whapweasel, The Lark Rise Band

Would like to see: The Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band, The Demon Barbers, Ojos de Brujo, Agricantus, The Bushwackers Band, The Burning Bush, Levon Helm, Horch, Adaro, Tinariwen, Trees, Elbow, Dave Alvin & the Guilty Women, Fernhill, Bill Jones, Faustus

Most of the artists in the "would like to see" group are from foreign countries, so recordings may be all I ever hear-- but one never knows....

That's it for now....

Peace-- Kendra Lynn.
DeeDee
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by DeeDee »

Well golly gosh..one name I haven't heard was Bruce Springsteen. We went to see the "Boss" last month and it was an amazing performance! Three non-stop hours of sheer energy (not pantyhose, sorry) and he just turned 60 y/o!!!! Ok, so I took the geezer bus to get there, but glad I went...and I'm not much into concert stuff. BTW, the E-Street band is great also and still together after all these years!
Ok, jazz-wize saw Dave Koz last Dec and he had a bundle of talent with him.....Jonathon Butler, Jeff Golub and others. We really enjoyed that show.
Play-wise, took the family to see "Mama Mia" loved it, especially the last 3 encore numbers (shoot me, I like ABBA). Oh and also saw "Tommy on Broadway, which was beyond neat.
So thats about it, I don't get out much :lol: , but years ago I flew Pink Flyod, BeachBoys, Frank Sinatra, Paul Anka...just about any group that needed a ride in the NY area. Sometimes got a back stage pass, but had to be a good girl, sigh :lol:
Hugs all
DeeDee
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

My wife reminded me that we recently saw Chicago and Earth, Wind & Fire at the same concert.

I didn't mention KennyG either. We had floor seats, and Kenny did one number where he walked around the entire floor. Everyone was standing, so no one could really see if you had a floor seat. When he got around to my row, I had an end seat, and remained seated so my wife and others could see around me. Kenny decided to stop walking right there and played for quite a while.
DonnaT
KymmieL
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Re: What bands have you seen?

Post by KymmieL »

being this is a great thread I thought I would bring it back.

Concerts I have seen.
38 Special
Golden Earring
Sammy Hagar
Beach Boys
BTO
Van Halen
Night Ranger
ZZ Top
Reo Speedwagon
Styx
Kiss
Cheap Trick
Boston
Ted Nugent
Damn Yankees
Bad Company
Slaughter
Bob Seger
A sleep at the wheel
Toby Kieth
Alan Jackson
Willy Nelson
Montgomery Gentry
John Montgomery
Chad Brock
Bob Seger
other I cannot remember

Kymmie
Toni_Lynn_P
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Toni_Lynn_P »

Haven't been to a concert in years, but here goes:

Elvis Costello and the Attractions
Madness
Devo
Sparks (with special guest Jane Weidlin of the Go-Go's)
The Go-Go's
The Police
Gary Numan
Squeeze
Talk Talk
Manhattan Transfer
The Plasmatics
Annie Lennox
Donna Summer
Joe Jackson
Laurie Anderson
Culture Club

and --- this is one of the coolest -- Eartha Kitt

Now I think -- maybe -- I have have seen one of this in full drag -- but it was during my professional drinking career, so I am lucky I remember anything from then

Hugs

Toni-Lynn
Bernice
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Bernice »

Wow! Memory lane...

USAF Airmen of Note
Doc Severinsen
The Carpenters (X2)
Buddy Rich
Emerson Lake & Palmer
Blood Sweat and Tears (X2, but decades apart)
Canned Heat / Steppenwolf
Count Basie
Bobby Herriot (OK, actually I performed with Bobby Herriot).
Maynard Ferguson
Paul Winter Consort
Kathy Mattea
Arlo Guthrie
Ensembles I heard in my early years in professional recording don't count, and you wouldn't know most of them anyway. Ditto for symphony orchestras and other military bands.

I'm nothing if not eclectic.

Hugs,

Bernice