THE OFFICIAL: Recipe Exchange Place

Talk about anything else: your pets, your car, movies, celebrities, or other things you like. As a reminder, political and religious discussions do not belong in here, nor any other topics that may incite a heated debate! As always keep it clean, please.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Celia

Jessie
Miss Ruby Goddess

THE OFFICIAL: Recipe Exchange Place

Post by Jessie »

What I am implying is place for people to trade recipes as I like to cook. Though I am only good at a couple of things. I just thought it would be cool if people had a place to exchange recipes. I plan to post one of my favorite meals that I make for my self. Though not the healthiest of foods :evil: still I like it.

Any way if you have a favorite :x recipe :x I think you should post it.

Jessie

P.S. Reason I am not posting yet is I have to figure out the amounts but will come back later.
Jessie
Miss Ruby Goddess

Pasta a la Heart Atack

Post by Jessie »

Ok here is a my recipe. It is not for those on a diet

Ingredients
1 pound of ground beef
1/2 Pound of Spicy Italian ground sausage :twisted:
2 cans of tommato sauce 15oz
1/2 bulb of garlic
Mushrooms (can or fresh your option I use 1 can of buttons)
1/2 onion
Olives (I use half a can of 6oz pitted olives)
Spices
Leaf Basil, Granulated Garlic, Parley, Paprika

Cooking
Brown Ground Beef untill it well cooked. Before draining grease (if you have any) place 2 or 3 chopped cloves with meat and cook tell garlic softens. Then place into pan where you have put the two cans of tomato sauce. Clean Pan and brown the Spicy Italian sausge. Once that is done add it to the sauce pan. (WARNING: make sure your sauce pan is big enough to handle all the ingredients)

Chop the onion, garlic and olives up and add them to the sauce. Mix well and keep under a low heat as the sauce can boil. Once mixed up add your mushrooms (this an optional item as I use it when prices are good, if you are using fresh mushrooms I would suggest frying them in a light oil but you can put in raw. It's your choice)

Now that it is well mixed add your spices in any order and to your personal taste. I like garlic and spicey, so I add more garlic and paprika than the other two spices.

Let simmer while cooking pasta.

Once your pasta is done place over pasta and eat (I enjoy it with some, yes you guessed it, garlic bread)

JUST REMEMBER: This can very spicy for some people and you can alter the recipe as you wish. The idea is having something fun to cook while wearing that dress. Oh yea I recomend an apron.

Jesse
LeftyRainbow(SO)
E-mail address not valid - Contact Admin

Cooking while dressed up

Post by LeftyRainbow(SO) »

Hi Jessie!

I promised I'd write down a recipe so here I am to post it!

TOMATO AND FRESH GARLIC GOURMET PIZZA

You will need

1 pkg of pizza dough (if you could find organic wheat thats a plus :wink: )

Just a few Tablespoons of fresh organic tomato sauce(the plainer ,the better- we are going to add our own seasonings)

Fresh organic plum tomatoes

Fresh cloves of garlic

Fresh basil/oregano (if you can not find fresh and need to use dried Italian seasonings -thats O.K. too )

Lite or Virgin Olive oil

Organic flour (If you don't have organic ingrediants thats O.K.- it just tatses better organic)

Corn meal for the bottom of the pizza tray

Optional: Red crushed peppers and Fresh Parmesian/ Romano cheese to shredd or sprinkle on finished product

You will also need a Pizza pan or Pizza stone
and a Pizza slicer or cutter to slice with later on

(Before you start ,your dough should have been made fresh or allowed to thaw to room temp for one to two hours-check with dough 's directions)
First, pre-heat oven to 450 degrees
Make sure your hands are washed and dried!
Then dust your hands with flour and stretch out the dough on your pizza pan which has been sprinkled with a little corn meal.
Spread a thin layer of sauce over most of the dough
Add your seasonings to taste (remember that fresh ingredients are a whole lot stronger than the dried counterparts so season accordingly)
Add fresh sliced tomatoes
Add fresh sliced garlic
Drizzle a little olive oil on top
Bake for 20 min. at 450

Ovens vary so check your pizza frequently towards the end to ensure that it doesn't burn

Add parm/rom. cheese and crushed peppers to taste

Slice up and Enjoy

****** Without any cheese ,this is a healthier alternative to regular pizza and you can add or subtract any vegatable toppings that you'd like*****
Jessie
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Jessie »

My mom just gave this great cookbook that is Cooking with garlic. The first 3/4 of it about the hisory of garlic and how it affected different religions. Did you know it was an afrodisac. Any way I think I may republish some of the receips. I will give the credit to the book for those worried about copyright laws but it's is a book that is from the 80's. Any come back have fun and if you have your own receipe that you would like share whether it's vegatarion or the meaties heart thing in the world I think it would be cool. After all food is one of the many assental things that everyone must do. Have fun I know I do when I cook.

Jessie
LeftyRainbow(SO)

cooking while dressed up

Jessie,

I love cooking with garlic and I'll post another recipe soon...this one's
going to be a pasta dish so ...wear those aprons ladies!!!!

Lefty :wink:
Gaven McLaren
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Gaven McLaren »

I just decided to join in on this one as well even though I cannot submit a recipe as when I make something from scratch I never write anything down though I know I should. I have a knack for making marinades for meats.
One of my favorites in about the best proportions I can remember is for like a Tri-Tip or a large cut of beef. If you do not know what Tri-tip is, it is a cut of meat that comes from under the front legs of the cow. Well here goes.

1/4 cup Balsamic Vineger
One package of pickling spices
Fresh garlic to taste ( Personal opinion the more the better)
Tamerind (if you cannot find fresh go to the Hispanic section of your local store and get the tamerind candy. If using the candy use about 4-5 pieces.) [ It looks like a large brown pea pod {warning it is sticky}]
1/4 to 1/2 cup red wine. (Do not get cooking wine. If you would not drink it do not cook with it.)
One tea bag of mint tea (make sure it is a 100% mint)
Fresh Ginger (if you cannot get fresh try to find candied ginger)

Step one in an old coffee grinder or a new one that is very clean (IE no coffee) put in the pickling spices and the mint grind to a rather fine powder.
Step two peel and cut up your garlic.
Step three cut some fresh ginger in to disks.
Step four peel the tamerind and put in about 3-4 seeds.
Step five mix the balsalmic vineger, wine, and spices in to a jar or a closed container. This is important as this needs to sit for at least 2 days in the fridge getting shaken daily.
Step six after at least 2 days though I suggest a week. Strain the contents through a fine strainer (and I do mean fine) You should have a thin liquid in the bowl and all the solids in the strainer. The solid you acn put in your garden.
Step seven take you cut of meat and inject the sauce into the meat. They make meat injectors but I have had the best luck with a horse syringe (and yes it was clean.) Now put in a freezer bag and freeze.

Now when you are reday to cook this piece of meat. You can either
-Slow cook over an open fire
-bake in the oven
-BBQ
My method of cooking which was done at a Ren. Faire was over a large fire pit being hung by hooks. You will turn every 10-20 mins until the internal temp is at 150 F. The trick with cooking like this is to keep the fire going with out getting it too hot.

This will make your friends and family mouthgasim. Yes it is a word I created/stole don't remember but it best describes the action of the people eating it.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons. As you are crunchy and good with chocolate!
LeftyRainbow(SO)

Cooking

Gaven,

Did you work at the ren.Faire in CA.?

I went to the one in Tuxedo,NY.

We go every year.

As I recall, there was a couple of TG women working there.

-
Lefty :)
Alexandra
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Alexandra »

so girls, when is supper? I'm hungry. Don't forget the cheesecake.
Alexandra
Jessie
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Jessie »

Well Tonight I am Making Chilly and not from a can

Jessie
Jessie
Miss Ruby Goddess

Dinner For 9/22

Post by Jessie »

Making Chili using the spices from a bag THe receipe is from Carroll Shelby's Original Texas Brand Chili + Salad

Start off with 2lbs of ground beef cook it so it brown
Once done Place in large cooking pot. Add red spices + 16oz can of tomato sauce then add a can of water.

Simer on a medium heat for 15 minutes if it starts boil turn down heat until timer is up.

Once time is up add white Masa flour mixed with water that is well stired before adding to pot.

Add Masa once it slightly thick to make the chili stick to your ribs. Also add a can of red kidney beans.

Cook for anouther 5 minutes then serve with your favoret topping.

I some times like grated cheese and onions:cry:

If you like it really spicy you can add the cayenne pepper that comes with the package.

Jessie
Gaven McLaren
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Gaven McLaren »

Yes lefty I do Ren. Faires here in CA. Though most of the time we do not get paid. The Faires out here are held for a charity a lot of the times. Either that or it is at an open park and anyone can come in for free.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons. As you are crunchy and good with chocolate!
CJ
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by CJ »

Hi all,

Ok, here's an easy recipe for an outstanding guacamole (no apron required :wink: ).

Ingredients:

- 4 ripe avocados, pitted and scooped
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, finely chopped (vine-ripened are best)
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, very finely chopped
- fresh garlic, crushed (to your own taste)
- sprig of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- the juice of half a lemon
- the juice of half a lime
- 3 tlbs of sour cream
- dash each of salt, pepper, and powdered cumin
- sprinkle of Tabasco sauce (not too much)

Method:

Prepare all vegetables and mix in a large bowl. Add all the seasonings and juice. Do the avocados last--oxidization tends to make them turn brown quickly. In a seperate pan or bowl, simply crush them with a large fork or potato masher. Chunky or coarse is better than creamy. Add them to the vegetables and mix them in well. Finally, incorporate the sour cream. Serves 6 to 10 people. However, I'll admit it only lasts me two days on my own. :oops:

For a Mexican variant: add a small can of drained corn niblets.

It's very important that, when you refrigirate leftover guacamole, you do so in an airtight container to prevent further oxidization. You can also drop one or two slices of lime or lemon on the surface of the guacamole itself before sealing it in order to prevent that from happening. Leftovers should be eaten within three days.

Enjoy!

Love,
CJ
Gaven McLaren
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Gaven McLaren »

Hey CJ your recipe sounds awesome.
I made Chili the other day and this is how I made it.

1lb. Stew meat(beef) cut into about 1/4 in pieces.
2 cloves of garlic diced small
7 peppers of your choice
1lb bag pinto beans Or 2 large cans of pinto beans
2 large cans of diced stewed tomatoes.
1/4 cup brown suger.

First brown the stew meat and when about half done browning add the garlic. While browning the meat and garlic microwave in a bowl of water the peppers (about 60 seconds should do) then dice small and throw in pot with meat let cook for a little while. If you are using the canned beans drain and rinse them before adding to the pot. If using a beans from a bag soak overnight (shortens cooking time). Add the beans, brown suger, and tomatoes. Then add enough water to cover and bring to a boil and then turn down and let simmer for about an hour or two.
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

Well let me tell you the facts :( My wife will not let me in the kitchen.OK I goofed up onced :? She was not feeling well so I said I will cook supper :P Well after that sick or not I am not aload in the kitchen except to clean up and do dishes. :( I think I made a mess she got upset about :| Oh well, Carol Ann
CJ
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by CJ »

Hi Carol Ann,

Why don't you get your wife to give you a few culinary pointers? After all, it's in her own best interest--the next time she's sick. :wink:

By the way, Lefty, I tried your tomato garlic pizza. Mamma Mia! Delicioso. It was very good--and very easy to prepare (I may have put in a bit too much oregano, but it was delicious nonetheless). Thanks for the recipe. :)

Love,
CJ