I'm doomed ladies.

Talk about anything else: your pets, your car, movies, celebrities, or other things you like. As a reminder, political and religious discussions do not belong in here, nor any other topics that may incite a heated debate! As always keep it clean, please.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Celia

Jeannie
Miss Ruby Goddess

I'm doomed ladies.

Post by Jeannie »

Hi Girls
It's only me.Auntie Jeannie slave to all humanity. I've been preoccupied so to speak these last few months. Tenants stiffing me for thousands in back rent and leaving a mess as usual.
My daughter Katie is selling her house so now she lives in my building next door. My son JP and his boyfriend Jason live on the second floor below me. Great. Mini, aka the Warden says" We can't charge our kids for rent or utlities. That's not right!" Then she says" We have to get those apartments all cleaned up and rented fast!"
We? Mini collects all the rent money and I do all the maintenance Silver Lady. Now I get 5 electric bills and 5 gas heating bills. Yankee gas gave me a free Yankee Gas hat and sends me a thank you note every month.What's wrong with that picture Virginia? She's living in a condo on a lake and I'm powerwashing ovens that look like a high school science project.
As George Carlin said" The circus has left town but the monkey is still on my back." I took the day off and went to the annual party with Katie and all the people I knew 40 years ago when I lived in Boston. I get back here at 2am and there are ten messages from the Warden. Most say" Where are you! Call me! It's important!"
Woody Allen said it best Ladies. " Marriage.....The death of hope."If I didn't get married I'd be retired and on a beach in Saint Martin driving a Ferrari. What the freak was I thinking!

Love
Jeannie
PS Oh! I almost forgot! Katie just got her Masters of Fine arts in poetry from Leslie college in Cambridge MA for the paltry sum fo $65,000 dollars. Add that to her degrees in English and Philosphy and I'm dead woman walkin'. Where did I go wrong Virginia?
Anita
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anita »

It's good to see you back, Auntie Jeannie. I can see you've been busy, though. No idle hands for the devil to find work for with you, hon. Of course, those hands have printer's ink on them.
Jeannie
Miss Ruby Goddess

Hi Anita

Post by Jeannie »

Busy isn't the word Hon.Maybe walking through the gates of Hell would be better. No matter what happens in life you have to have a sense of humor or you will go crazy. Stuff happens to all of us in life and none of us are spared.I have little story that changed my life and I might complain but it is all tongue in cheek Anita. My life is perfect and will always be after what I heard.
My plumber is Wolf Minsk,a German Jew and he is 75 years old and works with his son in law Eric Greenstein. I know. Jewish plumbers. What are the odds?
About 6 years ago I was talking with Wolf about politics and the people in this country. He stopped working and said the following.
"This country is great and people here have no idea what tough is. I was a little boy in Nazi Germany during the allied bombings and was eating out of garbage pails to survive. My Mother, Father and sister were murdered by the Nazis in Aushwitz."
If I ever complain about my life Anita, please shoot me.I will never forget what Wolf said to me.The worst day of my life pales in comparison. That was brutal.

Love
Jeannie
Susan
Permanently Banned

Post by Susan »

Jeannie

Thank you for that story, times are hard for my family at present but your tale puts it all into perspective.

Once again thank you
Susan

I know some things.
Leeza
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Leeza »

Jeannie, I sometimes complain, but your story is a reminder that we have a lot to be grateful for.

Missed you while you were away.

Leeza
Leeza
Anne
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Anne »

Yes Jeannie, your insight, soul, and humor have been missed here.
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Jeannie!!!

Welcome back, girlfriend . . . you've been sorely missed!! You can complain all you want, we know you love what you're doing . . . cleaning, cooking, cleaning, cooking, cooking, cleaning (did I say that already?), and oh, yeah, printing once in a while, too! :mrgreen:

How is our nephew, Marley? We haven't seen that rapscallion in a while, nor the rest of the gang of lovable misfits (Petey, Lorna, Gary, etc.) . . . are they still drinking you out of house and home?!? :roll:

:love:

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

Jeannie my love,
Hon the only thing wrong with you is you have a big heart filled with nothing buy love.

Now Anita made a funny about your hands, well now a days Carols are soft and smooth with the most beautiful CLEAN fingernails all filed, shape, and looking good.

My secret Jeannie is retire and live the good life wearing pretty dresses and heels. @@9@@
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Good to see you back. Hang in there as life can throw it's curves. If they are able to pay rent some where else nothing wrong with charging your kids rent. Maybe just reduce it to make the warden happy. And at the very least they should be paying all of their expenses and utilities. If nothing else make them buy all of your food that they probably eat most of it anyway.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Lydia
We Will Never Forget You - Rest in Peace

Post by Lydia »

She's back !! Just as harried, frantic, and insane as ever ! What a delight.

Love & Hugs,

Lydia
"There comes a time ... when you must grasp the bull by the tail and face the situation."
Jeannie
Miss Ruby Goddess

No can do Kimberly S. It's an Italian thing

Post by Jeannie »

Hi Girls
My wife Mini and I are still married though she lives in a condo on a lake. I'm just sort of the caretaker of the buildings. Mini handles all the rent money and I do all the work.
Mini,also known as Domenica Maria is Sicilian. Her Uncle Dicky had to leave town in a hurry and lives in Las Vegas these days. A few years back,his sister died and we went to the wake in little Italy in New York City.There was one wall of flowers with one card that read" Sincerest condolences from the Bonanno Family."
My trash hauler for my business is Diversified Waste Disposal here in Connecticut. Google it. James and Paul Galante. James is currently on vacation for tax evasion and racketering. Our former Mayor Joe Santopietro who served 9 years for corruption, worked for DWD when he got out of the slammer. He was also convicted of racketering but his sentence was suspended because of special needs. His wife Julie is a lawyer and a few years ago she was unlucky enough to be shot in the face and needs care.
If I make one wrong move Kimberly, I will find out where Jimmy Hoffa is buried the hard way. If you think the Sopranos is fiction,I'm here to tell you it's not. Never upset a Sicilian woman who is connected. Bad move. I may be crazy but I'm not stupid. Oohfa!

Love
Jeannie the damned

PS I did call a few other trash haulers and they all said"That's not my territory. Sorry." Always be wary of a Sicilian man with a middle nickname like Sammy"The Bull" Gravano. They only play hardball.
Absaroka
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Absaroka »

Nice to see you back Jeannie. I was driving on I 84 the other day near Waterbury and heard a noise that I think might have been you screaming. Or maybe a meteor hitting the town, not sure...

Zari
everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon
MsJoann
Miss Emerald Goddess

where is Jeannie?

Post by MsJoann »

I have been having tough times begging for rent but luckily I always collect it.
My printing business has been suffering as well. Not sure that within 5 years I will still be in business. There is a lack of good clients and a flood of bums who give nothing but problems.
As I get older, I look back and see the numerous things I have accumulated within the two buildings here...equipment, and peripherials, etc. I awake at night wondering about the horrors of disposal of all of this stuff.
As Jeannie well knows, the high tech industry that is prevalent these days, leaves me to believe that with the exception of a couple modern pieces of equipment...the rest is unwanted junk!
Just wondering how Jeannie is doing at the shop!
Cindy Louise
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Cindy Louise »

Hello Jeannie welcome back. Sorry to hear about your troubles and as far as tenants go I can sympathize.

My better half and I managed two buildings total 84 units I handled maintenance while Deb ran the office. I'm sure there's a few horror stories we could swap...only trouble is, unless you're in the job, no-one believes you.

Love, hugs and kisses
CL
MsJoann
Miss Emerald Goddess

Re: I'm doomed ladies.

Post by MsJoann »

Well.....I'm back after a 3 year absence. As I spoke of last, I was complaining of my printing busisness dwindling. Well...it finally did. I would sit sometimes for a week without the phone even ringing. Finally, enough was enough and I let go. Took me almost 2 years with the 3 buildings on the market to sell. That was an easy task. Toughest part was seeing all of my equipment go out the door.
In a way, I don't feel bad because another fairly large print plant near me went out as well. Over 75 people lost their jobs. I've been unemployed now for 1.5 years finding it tough to find a job doing just about anything. Really frustrating bucause with what little $ I make goes right out the door.
So, that's where I've been....makes it tough to enjoy going out dressed when everyone's breathing down your neck. Take care all.