Engineering Background?

Talk about anything else: your pets, your car, movies, celebrities, or other things you like. As a reminder, political and religious discussions do not belong in here, nor any other topics that may incite a heated debate! As always keep it clean, please.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Celia

Do you have an engineering background?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:42 pm

yes
63%
No
37%

Total votes: 27
Paula G
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: Engineering Background?

Post by Paula G »

I don't think that Engineering and artistic creativity are mutually exclusive, many a musician or artist has a classic car or half built motorbike in the garage, and many an engineer a guitar or trumpet under the bed, once again I refer you to Grayson Perry
Paula

Just because you don't believe it, that doesn't mean it's not true
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Yep, beside being an engineer, I play a musical instrument and am a (use to be well known) artist.
DonnaT
Melinda Welsh
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Melinda Welsh »

I did an apprenticeship in precision engineering when I left school, worked on bits of the concorde. but couldn't stand working inside so had to give it up.
and yes I have various musical instruments aswell.
Bernice
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Bernice »

I scored exceptionally well on an engineering aptitude test, but my parents wanted me to go to a liberal arts school, so I did.

Dad had a thing about engineers - he didn't like them - didn't see the need for them. He was a rocket scientist (literally), and I think a little bigoted in that one respect.

In truth, I'd have been a much better engineer than what I did with my career.

Hugs,

Bernice
Drea Lynn Stewart
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Drea Lynn Stewart »

I am a software developer (Masters in Mathematics), a one-time teacher, a (not likely to ever show other people) artist, and a avid dreamer of writing.

I reject any hypothesis that claims the logical and creative are mutually exclusive.

Hugs,
Drea
Lots to learn, lots to love, lots to live
Joanne T.
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Joanne T. »

I trained initially as an electronic technician with REME (British Army). When I came out of the army I attended college and qualified HND in Computer Aided Engineering. I subsequently avoided this and ended up manufacturing satellite communication equipments for NASA, European space agency and the Russian space agency as well as repairs and maintenance on Royal Navy Ships.
My claim to fame is that I manufactured the communication link for the European space agency mission to Mars which crashed on landing so never actually got to work. The mission was called Beagle.
I am retired now and enjoying every minute.
Geeky hugs and kisses
Joanne T.
Joanne T.
A girl for all seasons
Vannessa Andrews
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Vannessa Andrews »

I am an Engineering School dropout, but I work for a manufacturer of Precision Cooling equipment as a field service Tech.
Karen Ski
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Karen Ski »

Guess I am too late to vote n the poll but yes I have an engineering background. I have a BSME and an MSEE if anyone really cares.