THE OFFICIAL: TG Weather Network

Talk about anything else: your pets, your car, movies, celebrities, or other things you like. As a reminder, political and religious discussions do not belong in here, nor any other topics that may incite a heated debate! As always keep it clean, please.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Celia

Paulette
Miss Golden Goddess

Re: THE OFFICIAL: TG Weather Network

Post by Paulette »

Perseids tonight.

Overcast and dark. Not even the moon around here.

So no shooting stars. Damn, I would have liked that.

Instead we saw "American Beauty" which was fine.

Spacey is always great.
~ Paulette
~ just lucky, I guess.
Wendae
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Wendae »

HOT!!! HUMID!! Not panty hose weather! :(
I believe I was a lesbian in my past life
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

A few inches of new snow on the ground and 11F. I went out and shoveled before the wind started so hope it does not blow it back in.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Robyn
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Robyn »

75 degrees today here in So Cal. What happened to winter?
Normal, just not average,
Robyn
Leeza
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Leeza »

You sent it my way
Leeza
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

What happened to winter? :-k

Well, it was here in full force this morning as our temperature bottomed out at -7F on our mountain. This afternoon as we headed down the mountain it was 11F but the sun was shining bright and no wind so it didn't feel that cold; in town (in the valley) it reached 24F.

The temperature is now 12F up here.

I want my flip flops!! :sigh:

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Toni_Lynn_P
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Toni_Lynn_P »

We just went through some major weather here in the lower mainland of British Columbia Canada. It started late Saturday night (the 3rd) and by 5PM Sunday we had about 8 cm/ 3 inches of snow. Later that night it changed to ice, and by 3 AM Monday we had 2.5 cm/ 1 inch of ice over everything. Then the fun really started. For us, over the next 48 hours we had electrical power only about 15 hours. Some people had no power for the full 2 days. We had no internet service even when we had power. Two of our major highways where blocked with rock slides or fallen trees. The town, which is very small, looks like a bit of a hurricane affected disaster area. There are downed tree limbs all over. One in our yard from an old growth cedar, is 8 feet long and 4 feet wide.

Odd fact though, since the ice stopped, we have been above freezing. In fact for the past two days it has been sunny with a high of 7c/ 46f.

Hugs

Toni-Lynn
Domonique
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Domonique »

I have a weather report from here in North East Ohio. IT IS FREEZING! Below freezing wind chill temps thru tomorrow. I'm ready for 30 degrees.
Dom
Paulette
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Paulette »

Down to 27 f in Louisiana last night. Yeesh! That's once every 6 years in Portland OR, so how often here?
Eighth coldest winter since 1930-31.
~ Paulette
~ just lucky, I guess.
Domonique
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Domonique »

Just when you think your gonna catch a break, Mother Nature pulls out the wind chills again. Here in northeast Ohio we are going to have falling temperatures starting today. By Sunday the High will only be 5 degrees. So this gal is staying in. For you ladies that live in any part of the northeast Stay warm and mind your exposed skin if you have to go out.
Dom
Toni_Lynn_P
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Toni_Lynn_P »

Here in the lower mainland of British Columbia Canad we will be 11c/54f today and partly cloudy! We haven't seen snow or below freezing in 6 weeks.

Last week we had a Pineapple Express go through -- up to 6 inches of rain!

To the far north of the province though - the got 5 feet of snow in a little over 24 hours!

All I can say is -- I sooooo want to be a snow bunny!

Hugs

Toni-Lynn
Domonique
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Domonique »

Gee Toni, you could have kept the cold. I would have taken the warmer weather for you. :lol:
Dom
Robyn
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Robyn »

We'll take some of that cold Domonique. We're winterless here with temps in the 80s this week. Dry as the dickens!
Normal, just not average,
Robyn
Rikki
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Rikki »

I'm a winter-lover (if there is such a thing). But it's March 6th and it was less than -20 here this morning. Over 60 days below the freezing mark. While I don't like rain in the winter (makes the snow yucky), a break might be in order soon. Not many mosquitos, however!

Rikki
Be safe, Be frilled
Michelle Diane
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Michelle Diane »

Good morning everyone, Michelle here for the TGWN with observations and todays forecast and outlook for the rest of the week.

Last night here in Exeter it certainly was wet and windy. At the Devon TGWN office we recorded gusts up to 45 mph and 1/2 inch or rain.

First lets have a look at the map and as you can see we have a complex system of low pressures here off the north north east of Scotland and another here way out to the north west of Scotland and finally the last one here just west of Ireland all of these are moving in an anti clockwise motion which will pull in yet another low pressure system way out here in the middle Atlantic into our region later this week. As you can see this is pulling colder air down from northern parts and funnelling it up over us here in Devon and the rest of the country. This system is generating gale force winds out in the western approaches. I spoke with my colleagues at the Met office and they informed me they might have to issue gale warnings for our area and Cornwall later this week so not really good sailing weather if you're in a small craft.

For the rest of the day here we're going to see a mix of mostly cloudy with occasional sunny spells and the odd shower as the remnants of last night cold front moves through the area with winds out of the south east with an average speed of 17mph with gusts as high as 25mph. That wind will keep the temperatures down topping out at around 66f

I'm giving today a hairspray index of 5 so before you head out make sure you use some hairspray to keep your hair looking beautiful.

Now our outlook for the rest of the week. Much the same for the rest of the week so keep an umbrella handy if you're out and get caught in one of those passing showers. The wind will stay from the south east for most of the week but later on will back to come from the south west before veering to come from the west.

That's the weather synopsis and forcast from the TGWN office here in blustery Exeter....This is Michelle for the TGWN saying have a wonderful day everyone...Goodbye.
One wears a mask for so long you forget who you are beneath it......I've now removed my mask.