Issues with son-in-law !!!

Talk about anything else: your pets, your car, movies, celebrities, or other things you like. As a reminder, political and religious discussions do not belong in here, nor any other topics that may incite a heated debate! As always keep it clean, please.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Celia

Roza
Miss Crystal Goddess

Issues with son-in-law !!!

Post by Roza »

Hi girls, this is a VERY VERY significant & sensitive subject for me! Any here has experienced what I strongly believe is isolating a daughter from you!!!! As if I call her home( their by contract) she never answers the phone, but he does, & everytime I have to repeat & repeat that I want to speak to her. But he keeps answering for her, & I let go at the end. I did that now, but I will get myself towards INSISTING very much to speak to her. Thanks for comments. I defenetly need a hand here. :?

Oh, As far as my woman`s little closet life is concerned, I`ve orderes new Items yesterday,& Beginning April I will order a whig for myself! Hummmm! proud & anxious at the same time , but most important is it makes me feel good for myself! have nice day girls ..... Thanks again Roza :)
Soft tenderness & love for you!
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Re: Issues with son-in-law !!!

Post by KimberlyS »

Sounds like it it time for a visit.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Requal Jo »

Have you tried ringing when he is at work? If she lives close I too would recommend a face to face visit.
Requal
Anita
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anita »

Hi Roza--
I'm curious as to how he resists your request; that is, what words he uses, or what stalling tactics.

You: "Hi, John, how are you doing?
Him: "Fine, and yourself?"
You: "I'm doing well. Say, can I speak to Natalie?"

At this point, there are only two responses: "Sure," or some version of "She can't come to the phone."
Anything else is rude. I can't imagine him saying, "Why do you want to speak to her?" for instance.
Or saying, "What is this about?"

So I need examples of how he's fending you off.
Last edited by Anita on Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

Hi Roza, Why not call the police and let them know you think she has been murdered by her husband? After all you have tried how many times and have yet to talk to her?

Otherwise just show up. If it's too far, do you know anyone closer who can stop by their house? Got a phone number for the abused persons center close to your daughter? You can tell them what's going on and they can begin the process of rescuing your daughter.
{squeezes}
Davita
Rader
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Rader »

I would call the Authorities, making a false report can lead to trouble.
If your daughter will not talk to you, You cannot force her.
My own two kids, one boy and one girl; I have not seen or talked with in over
19 years. Their mother, (My X) told them I was "SICK" because of me liking to
wear female clothes. They will not even accept my Christmas Cards, they come
back return to sender.
If you can talk with your son in law, ask him why your daughter will not speak
to you. Make him give you a Good Reason, if he can, or will not then threaten to
call the police because you think he did something bad to her. I bet that alone will
bring all the bats out of the belfries.
Good luck with your hunt, but be prepared to hear some disappointing news.
Rader
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Davita wrote:Hi Roza, Why not call the police and let them know you think she has been murdered by her husband? After all you have tried how many times and have yet to talk to her?
Rader wrote:I would call the Authorities, making a false report can lead to trouble.
Personally, I would contact the local police or sheriff's department - whichever has jurisdiction - and ask them to conduct a "welfare check" on your daughter. Tell them that you have tried to reach her numerous times without success and that it is "unlike her" to not be in contact with you, her father, and that you are concerned about her. Don't say anything more than that. :no:

The LEO's will send a patrol unit(s) to your daughter's house when one is available and will let her know that you have asked them to conduct said welfare check on her, and they should let you know the results; however, if she tells them not to let you know anything then they will abide by her wishes. :sigh:

If your daughter does not want to talk with you after that then at least you know where the problem lies - with her and not the SIL. After all, the SIL could be following directions from his wife - your daughter - and that she really does not want to talk with you. :huh:

Good luck!

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

If you've not been in contact with her for some time, then by all means have the local authorities conduct a "welfare check" on her.

It's not unheard of that a husband is so controlling that they treat their wife more as a servant/property, and do not permit them to talk to anyone.

Do you know any of her former friends, that could be in contact? Facebook?
DonnaT
Roza
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Roza »

Anita wrote:Hi Roza--
I'm curious as to how he resists your request; that is, what words he uses, or what stalling tactics.

You: "Hi, John, how are you doing?
Him: "Fine, and yourself?"
You: "I'm doing well. Say, can I speak to Natalie?"

At this point, there are only two responses: "Sure," or some version of "She can't come to the phone."
Anything else is rude. I can't imagine him saying, "Why do you want to speak to her?" for instance.
Or saying, "What is this about?"

So I need examples of how he's fending you off.

;) Thank you so much for your help! Everything is ok, now! Saw them this past week end, 7 things are clear now! th you again....
Sarah Beth
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Sarah Beth »

Not knowing in full all the details of your relationship with your daughter it's hard to really say. I will go ahead and put this out there however, this is one of the signs of an abusive controlling relationship. If the husband won't allow her to talk to anyone, or not to talk to other unless he is there I would veture to say she is in danger. Maybe you need to have a friend of her's call her and try to talk to her and see if the same thing happens.
"It takes all kinds of kinds"
Miranda Lambert