Why are you hiding?

Talk about anything else: your pets, your car, movies, celebrities, or other things you like. As a reminder, political and religious discussions do not belong in here, nor any other topics that may incite a heated debate! As always keep it clean, please.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Celia

Paulette
Miss Golden Goddess

Re: Why are you hiding?

Post by Paulette »

Most older CDs have a history of life-long hiding. From parents, children, spouses, peers, co-workers, and the general public. Hiding and the risk of being discovered is both terrifying and exciting, even sexually exciting to some of us.

When us old girls were growing up and establishing families, being found out was terrifying. It meant the loss of family, community respect, and jobs. Now, and especially in large coastal cities, not so much. Even so, old habits die hard. And even though I know better, the possibility of being returned to a locked ward and given a long series of electroshock treatments, as happened to me in 1954, still lives inside me.

So it's not surprising that we might hide even here, where there is a fairly secure wall of anonymity to protect us; and even today, when transfolk and CDs are more more commonplace and acceptable than ever before.

In another generation or two I and my cohort of fem-foggies will be gone, and the need for this forum will be much less. As I've said here before, the main reason I am as out as I am is to help make that change in our society as quickly and as thoroughly as possible.
~ Paulette
~ just lucky, I guess.
OliviaM
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by OliviaM »

I have been having computer problems and other issues which have made it difficult to post. But I find this forum both scary and exciting. Exciting because I am with people who are going through the same things with the same feelings I have. Its scary because when I see people voicing what's in my head (that would be Anthony Simon, Kelly, and Requal Jo) it makes me think about what I'm doing and what I can or will do. Hopefully with all you great girls here I will figure things out. Thanks everyone.

(--) (--) Olivia
April Rose
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by April Rose »

I'm on right now, and me and BingBot are the only ones listed as online. Hi, BingBot! how ya doin?
I am a vessel of the Goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Oh, I'm here as well . . . hiding in plain sight while working behind the scenes. :wink:

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

rotf well SilverLady does that mean when I am here we are having a blind date?. ..^..
SilverLady(SO)

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Yes, ma'am!! You know we 'LCMS' stick together! :wink:

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Gina L.
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Gina L. »

Hi I am new here on the forum and so far Kelly is the only girl who had her name up as online Thanks Kelly for the Welcome!! Yesterday was the first time I found anyone on line in the chat room, had a lovely time, Will try later today again. It would be lovely to see who is online. If you cannot out yourself here you have little chance of doing it elsewhere.
JessiEM
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by JessiEM »

I always come on here visibly. I check to see who is in the chat room, if nobody, I leave, if someone is there, I log in.
It has a lot to do with which side of the world we are on, makes it hard to catch up with others 10,000km or so away :)
I feel pretty, oh so pretty :)
Joanne T.
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Joanne T. »

I frequently log in and find I am the only one named. As a matter of interest what is this google or bing bot thing.
On one post it seemed to be a derogatory term.
I think it is rather pleasant to see your name as On-Line, but not when there are a number of hidden names.
Joanne xxx
Joanne T.
A girl for all seasons
SilverLady(SO)

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

As a matter of interest what is this google or bing bot thing.
Those are the search engine bots for both Google and Bing . . . in other words, free advertising and listings when anyone does a search . . . and they are here several times a day, every day. There are also other search engine bots that regularly visit, such as Yahoo, Ask, and Amazon, but not as often as these two do. :yes:

However, the bots are blocked from accessing all the private and hidden sections of the Haven, as are all "guests" . . . and members who visit/read the forum but are not logged in are also considered "guests". :no:

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
Joanne T.
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Joanne T. »

Thank you Silver Lady, your new avatar is stunning.
Joanne xx
Joanne T.
A girl for all seasons
Ms. Erin
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Ms. Erin »

Thanks for mentioning this I was first thinking you asked why we girls are hiding in the closet? Sorry... :)

I can see my status, online so I should be good to go.

I have nothing to hide. :)
I am a woman of trans experience.
Jackie(SO)

Post by Jackie(SO) »

as a newbie - I have appreciated being allowed to stay on and say little :) I thank SL for letting me - it has been carthotic in a way to just troll thru stories for points of view and to gain understanding of my SO - so i like little laxed rules - for a SO that has known for a long time and never really voiced a word it is probably as hard to share and lapse on the secrecy too! thanks SL! me
SilverLady(SO)

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Hi, Jackie, and you are very welcome!

Members are under no obligation to make posts - indeed, we have some members who have been here for many years and have not made a single (and some, very few) post. All we ask is that those members regularly log in to keep their account active - the forum exists for those who want to post as well as for those who just want to read the posts. :)

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
Martha G
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Martha G »

I sign in visibly.

I check the forms, posts and chat room.

I usually have a picture of myself as an avatar which I change quite ofter. Sometimes I do not show an avatar when I am going to be off the forum for a long time.

This lady has no need to hide.

Cheers ladies!
I AM NOW A WOMAN- I FOUND MYSELF