Seems like can't win for losing

Talk about anything else: your pets, your car, movies, celebrities, or other things you like. As a reminder, political and religious discussions do not belong in here, nor any other topics that may incite a heated debate! As always keep it clean, please.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Celia

Steve
Miss Emerald Goddess

Seems like can't win for losing

Post by Steve »

Last month overdid it on cleanup from 2 Wind Storms (30 tree's down). I was Ecstatic from 1st storm when we got the 5 tree's all stacked into firewood and debris piles ready to burn.

Weather folks said "This type of storm happens every 10 years". 10 days (short years?) later, another storm. 20+ down. Some big ones too. Too much bending low and back pain I had to get meds from Dr. Wonderful steroid shot and steroid pills.

So now better (not over it yet), darn drugs lowered my immunity and got eye infection and pain in lower teeth (Sinus Infection I think). Back to Dr tomorrow. But to top it off cracked tooth too.

I hired person to cleanup biggest part of mess. Trying to get person out to grind some stumps. Planning on tractor purchase spring.

But hey at least it happened in Summer, before all the Snow Flies. No tree's hit the house and we will have firewood for years and years. (I will give some away I bet).

Never have had steroid shot before. That was wonderful day after it took effect. No Pain. I would have suffered more If I knew some of the side effects.

Anyway Just Bitching I guess. Walked my mile today at least without major problems. Who knows might have wonderful lunch tomorrow (depends on dentist if I can eat).
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Re: Seems like can't win for losing

Post by Carol Ann »

Steve,
I know and understand it all but no drugs for me, sorry friend (--)
Steve
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Steve »

If I had known it would make me subject to infection I would have said No to shot. Dr not my favorite place.

Today we get our Tractor to help with the cleanup. Wife is thrilled.
Kelly
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Kelly »

Had a similar situation a few years ago (only 15 trees). Fortunately, no medical complications. Seems like the mess will never get resolved; but it will. Hang in there.

After you have recovered and you are looking for a way to continue to burn off calories, split the rounds by hand. Once you get the hang of it you can move through a lot.

Kelly.
I thought a CD was something you stuck in a computer
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Steve you have your house in one piece, all of your belongings ok, and lots of firewood. Sounds like you came out ok to me.

Bonfire at Steves place next week. BYOB and food. Bring long sticks if you are cooking over the bonfire as it is going to be hot. 8)
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Paulette
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Paulette »

Ohhh, steroids! Having had the typical bad reaction, stay away from them from now on.

Naproxen or Ibuprofen, and chiro for pain. Chiropractors have lower malpractice insurance rates than almost anyone but accupuncturists.
~ Paulette
~ just lucky, I guess.
Sarah Beth
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Sarah Beth »

Sorry you lost all those trees, that is a bunch and as someone who has suffered from lower back pain for 40 years I can empathize with you there. As for the steroid injections were a big blessing for me and no ill effects from it.

When we had a wind storm a few years ago and lost a tree it fell on my pickup. I would have thought that was better than falling on the house except that it turned out the insurance wouldn't pay to fix the pickup but it would have paid to fix the house.
"It takes all kinds of kinds"
Miranda Lambert