Venting

Talk about anything else: your pets, your car, movies, celebrities, or other things you like. As a reminder, political and religious discussions do not belong in here, nor any other topics that may incite a heated debate! As always keep it clean, please.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Celia

Domonique
Miss Platinum Goddess

Venting

Post by Domonique »

Ok Ladie's I am going to do something I don't normally do here, I am going to stand on my soap box and vent. I am sadden to see some strife here. It is a shame that some have lost sight of why we are here. I can't understand why these things have occurred or wrap my mind around why everyone continues with it. I am so upset right now that I could chew nails and make horseshow nails. I mean who are we to judge and be critics about anything. I have caught my own self almost being caught up in it. Luckily I talk to myself and am sensible enough to listen to my own advice. I know where to draw the line and I almost crossed it.

When I read peoples posts I also feel how they feel and with all the mixed emotions and tension between members my head starts spinning and I get ill. It all puts me in a sad place where all I want to do is shed tears. It upsets me to be sad especially when I am one of those that really likes to have fun chats and keep everyone smiling.

I know, who am I to say anything and normally I wouldn't but in the last 4 and a half years this is the first time I have seen all this bickering. I have seen enough of it and I, in my opinion, believe that it should have been stopped before it got started. I know how human condition works and I also know that it can be controlled. We all need to be sorry for this event happening and never let it happen again. We need to stop and think about how we word things and how we offer up our opinions and advice. We as a group have become a family and very special family at that because we have found what we are looking here. We have found here what we know we won't find from a lot of family members and friends. And then members want to attack other members. Again In my opinion, people need to forgive each other and start fresh. Of course that is my opinion and we all know what they say about opinions.

I Like everyone that I have met here and I don't like to be caught in the middle of anyones arguments! You will know when I disagree, because I will get quiet for a while, which means I am thinking. When I am thinking, I go to sleep. :lol:

When I have done my sleeping I will decide if I need to say anything. most of the time I don't but this issue has really gotten to me and I just had to say something.

Ok my Venting rant is done, but I still don't feel any better. -,,-
Dom
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: Venting

Post by Anthony Simon »

These things too will pass...

My dad used to give me this bit of advice "If you can't think of anything to do, don't do anything". Actually that's the British doctrine of masterful inaction. Kind of look like you know what you're doing, when you don't have a clue.
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
Domonique
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Domonique »

Thanks Anthony, I needed that. You get it.
Dom
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

Dom,
I am with Anthony but must say as a member for 11 years I haven't seen this kind of stuff.

Me I just bye pass it all and move on as things will change in time, you know the old saying " time heals all things".
Sarah Beth
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Sarah Beth »

People are going to be people and their personalities will shine through. I've seen some things said here that would have been better left unsaid. I think, personally if you can't be supportive, and constructive criticism can be constructive as long as it's not mean spririted, that you shouldn't say anything.

I think about everyone who posts takes a chance of someone being critical of them, it's part of the chance you take in putting yourself out there. Still all in all I don't care for it. I think some of what goes on is uncalled for.

As my mother alwas said, if you can't say something nice dont' say anything at all.
"It takes all kinds of kinds"
Miranda Lambert
Sandy
Permanently Banned

Post by Sandy »

I know that for myself I am not going to get hung up on things anymore or take what people have to say to heart if they don;t agree with me or like what I have to say. It seems like we are all over the board in age and I just think that certain ages clash and for me I was getting all heated over people that are almost twice my age and then I think to myself why am I being or doing that or responding that way. Its so not worth it. I know who and what I am and how I can be and thats all that matters, I should let strangers who are critical of me matter. I am sorry if I have been part of the problem, I am really sorry to those that had nothing to do with it. I am not sorry to those that have been part of the problem, sorry I just can't be, doesn't feel right but I am willing to move on and let the past be the past. Great post by the way.
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Alright. I have had enough. -,,-

I was trying to let the affected members sort it out amongst themselves but when that problem child - Sandy, who is the source of the current angst here - viciously attacks me for no reason at all . . . well, let's just say that the problem child was rewarded with a good swift kick out the cyber door of my house. [-(

Enough said.

- SL

PS to Carol Ann: In response to your post above, let me remind you of Loretta Ann, LeslieP, Amelie-Laveau, Roberta-Llyan, Tekla, Bobby and Tammie, to name a few. :sigh:
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Thank you SL, even good dirt needs to be swept away. It is baffling that some people will say or do things they know is not right, and are the offended when the obvious is pointed out.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!