Blood work

Talk about anything else: your pets, your car, movies, celebrities, or other things you like. As a reminder, political and religious discussions do not belong in here, nor any other topics that may incite a heated debate! As always keep it clean, please.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Celia

DanielleM
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Blood work

Post by DanielleM »

Saw my GP this morning. He's great, me and CindyLou both really like him. Seems my blood platelets are low... normal range is 130-150... previous tests had me at 110. He wasn't concerned but something to watch. My last test in Nov came up 75. oops! Talked to him this morning and another set of blood work to be done... focusing on possible iron deficiency. I loved getting blood drawn...NOT, damn vampires!
Don't worry about what other people think, because they don't.
Robyn
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: Blood work

Post by Robyn »

DanielleM wrote:damn vampires!
With the low blood platelets the vampires will love you, as they won't have to worry about it clotting up on 'em. #-o
Normal, just not average,
Robyn
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Sounds like a vitamin B12 deficiency, although there are other causes.

Iron deficiency anemia will usually cause an increase in blood platelets, not a drop in them.

Compare Thrombocytopenia (low platelet count) to Thrombocytosis (too many platelets)
DonnaT
DanielleM
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by DanielleM »

My So was reading up on it... platelet count low but the other symptoms that go with Thrombocytopenia, I don't have. Bleeding and such. Everything else seems normal. sigh
Don't worry about what other people think, because they don't.