RIP Lesley Gore

Talk about anything else: your pets, your car, movies, celebrities, or other things you like. As a reminder, political and religious discussions do not belong in here, nor any other topics that may incite a heated debate! As always keep it clean, please.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Celia

Toni_Lynn_P
Miss Emerald Goddess

RIP Lesley Gore

Post by Toni_Lynn_P »

I read on the weekend of the passing of 1960s girl-singer Lesley Gore. She was of course famous for songs like It's My Party, You Don't Own Me, Judy's Turn to Cry, and the total classic and my personal fave California Nights.

The last one had a great affect on me back in the 1960s in my pre-teen years for I recall listening to it and getting all warm and fuzzy inside as I dreamed of walking the beach with her.

Perhaps in some ways it had a subtle vibe to it -- as in later years I discovered that she came out as a lesbian. A-HA! says I. For my fond memory morphed as I imagined us walking the beach, sand between out toes, holding hands, both wearing bikinis. -- two girls madly in love with each other.

Silly -- but its this sort stuff that keeps me sane. I also find it fascinating how I so very much related then to those songs of teen-age girl angst and love. Just the way I am wired, I guess.

Hugs

Toni-Lynn
April Rose
Miss Golden Goddess

Re: RIP Lesley Gore

Post by April Rose »

I had her albums, as well. I remember that I always liked her outfits. Probably more than she did, as it turns out.
I am a vessel of the Goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.
Kelly
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Kelly »

Yet another icon of our childhood reminding us of our own mortality.

I was always mesmerized by her voice. Something about the tone, or was it the depth? I don't know. A fine talent.

Kelly.
I thought a CD was something you stuck in a computer
Giselle
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Giselle »

she was a great talent and wonderful person
63 yr old married crossdresser still coming to terms what this is all about?