Expensive soda

Talk about anything else: your pets, your car, movies, celebrities, or other things you like. As a reminder, political and religious discussions do not belong in here, nor any other topics that may incite a heated debate! As always keep it clean, please.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Celia

OliviaM
Miss Platinum Goddess

Expensive soda

Post by OliviaM »

After leaving the onclolgist we stopped for a bite at the mall. I ordered food and needed to get a soda from another vendor. I only had one single and a twenty and didn't want to break it for two dollars. So I went back to the car to get a single. When I got to the car after eating the drivers side window was busted and my briefcase and my wife's purse were gone from the trunk. Lap top, a hearing aid, wife's I'd and credit cards, and school stuff. Disgusted!! Such is life and it could have been worse.
Night Night!!
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Re: Expensive soda

Post by Carol Ann »

All I can say is I am so sorry for you headache :(
Gina L.
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Gina L. »

What a horrible thing to happen to you, but look on the bright side ,if you had disturbed the perpetrators, the outcome could have been a whole lot worse.
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

^ Especially since it is extremely difficult to get a CCW / CHP in Hawaii; they love to create victims. :roll:

Olivia, I'm glad that you and the wife are okay; things can be replaced, but not people. :sigh:

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Requal Jo »

Sorry to read about your misfortune Olivia. A vey expensive soda! I echo Silver Lady's comments in that I am pleased your wife and self are alright.

Hawaii is not the only place where this occurs as it is very common in particular suburbs of Sydney, Australia.
Requal
Robyn
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Robyn »

I'm sorry and saddened for you Olivia. I'm always disturbed by those who intentionally harm others. :(
Normal, just not average,
Robyn
OliviaM
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by OliviaM »

Thank you all for your thoughts and caring it really meant a lot and helped cope. Ran around Friday getting a car because you have to have glass shipped in from California and won't be here till Wed. Also got new ID and phone for my wife and some new credit cards arrived. Off from work this week but no rest. My wife's GP on Monday. Bone scan and mri on Tues. Cataract surgery on Wed. Surgery follow up and Chemo on Thurs. Glass replacement on Fri. And assorted other business to take care of on the phone. And a work related writing project that is now more complicated because some of what I needed was in my briefcase. I think I should find a few other things to squeeze in so I have no time to relax. Will keep you all posted if I collapse.

(--) (--) (--) Olivia
Martha G
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Martha G »

Sorry for your tragedy.

Good luck in the future.
I AM NOW A WOMAN- I FOUND MYSELF
April Rose
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by April Rose »

Wow, Olivia, When it rains it pours! Especially sorry to hear about your wife's condition. I hope all goes as well as possible with that. We've had to deal with cancer on both my wife's side of the family and mine, and when we talk about it we realize it is everywhere, in so many families, and always an anxious thing for all concerned.

It sure puts puts controversy over wearing dresses in perspective. Our thoughts are with you.
I am a vessel of the Goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.
Stephanie H
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Stephanie H »

As this week unfolds, take time to push back from the events and take a moment or two to relax and calm down. Stress is not healthy.
Stephanie