Trip to the Dr.

Talk about anything else: your pets, your car, movies, celebrities, or other things you like. As a reminder, political and religious discussions do not belong in here, nor any other topics that may incite a heated debate! As always keep it clean, please.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Celia

Sarah Beth
Miss Emerald Goddess

Trip to the Dr.

Post by Sarah Beth »

Unfortunately one of great the great reminders than I am that male I have always been has been is that I over the past few years I have been having trouble with my prostate. Up until now, at the suggestion of my Dr. I have been having dealing with it through herbal treatments and not gotten into the prescription medication but at last I had to go ask.

So I was getting ready to go see the Dr and wife asked me if was wearing panties or tightie whities as we getting ready to leave. Okay so I had showered and put on my men's undies because honestly I don't want to have the why are you wearing panties discussion with my Dr. while asking him about prostate medications.

So we are discussing things and one of the first things he says to me is, you know if you were a woman we wouldn't be having this discussion I don't know why God saw fit to give men a prostate, well I guess we need it so our wives can give us children. He laughed then telling me had issues with his as well.

He told me what he would be prescribing for me as treatment and said before he did so he wanted to talk about some the side effects with me because he knows me and knows I am a work a holic and I don't do well with just sitting around. He was cautioning me about not getting over heated until I got used to the medication and how I should try to take it easy for a few days until I got used to stuff and how it might make me dizzy and all this. Then he said to me one thing I need to tell is that in some cases (I looked it up later 28%) with prolonged usage men have experienced gynecomastia using this drug do you know what this is. I said well I think maybe I do and he then said well your breasts may grow. I chuckled and said will I have sort of had some since I was in junior high anyway and at my age who is really going to notice anyway. What I was really finding amusing was the fact that I was thinking if he only know how much I would like to be one of those it affected that way.

So anyway he was right, the next day at work as soon as it started to warm up and I started sweating I got a little lightheaded and a bit dizzy. The same thing the next day so I am taking his advice and taking it easy for a couple of days. Now I'm waiting for that prolonged usage to see if I am one those who is lucky to gain a little extra.
"It takes all kinds of kinds"
Miranda Lambert
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Re: Trip to the Dr.

Post by Carol Ann »

Sarah dear friend,

Your prostate is nothing to fool around with as I waited to long not getting tested and today because my bull headedness I have prostate cancer. Yes the meds will mess with your head, today I can go from dizzy to hot flashes to a chill.

As far as the "girls" go I have way more then enough to fill my bra *-* , take care sister and do as the doctor tells you.
Hugs Carol Ann (--)