music, and my day,s on the main street .

Talk about anything else: your pets, your car, movies, celebrities, or other things you like. As a reminder, political and religious discussions do not belong in here, nor any other topics that may incite a heated debate! As always keep it clean, please.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Celia

Noeleena
Miss Platinum Goddess

music, and my day,s on the main street .

Post by Noeleena »

Hi ,

What have i been doing for the last few weeks .

Well first off music and yes we have been going over some 30 peace,s of all quite different for our Youth Orchestra and Brass band ,

now this coming Sunday we have our concert some 40 of us and ment to be on the stage, we have our Garrison band 15 Sally Army 12 Dunedin 17 Sally Army and Pipes and drums Scottish some 12 . so how many on the day im not sure ,

I dont think i,ll be on the stage as i have too much gear 5 drums 3 cym two stands with other instriments tri, tamb and blooks plus my music and stuff , hopefully because we are scatered about we may be able to have time together to go over our music on the day before we play , so dress will be white tops and band tie and i,ll have my black long skirt on so its abit more informal than our normal uniform .

Now over the last 3 week s i have been working on tidying a large building and lining the ceiling with a white fabric the height is 13 ft and area some 100 foot x 100 foot the outside is on the main road and around the corner and my detail has been cleaning and preping and painting so next week i should have it done ,

Now as you know i know many people so this like another painting job i did sets me up to talk with those i know and saying hi to many people passing by or coming in to the shop that is open for the public , so its been busy for me over the last few weeks , in the shop we have furniture clothes nick kacks and any thing you need for a house most is new and the furniture is second hand , while we only opened last Saturday its been quite busy .

So the weather has been quite good just a little wind though not enough to stop me from painting ,

So there you are our pop is about 3,500 people in Waimate , many new people have come in some stay and others just passing through so i get to meet many in my normal day to day on the foot path out side the shop.
Oh and yes i have to stop and talk all just part of my PR that i do for other groups so being in the public eye, is well is just part of it ,,,,,and i do offer my paint brush to them if theyed like to help me ,

....seems not on thier list of do do,s ....

Oh ya , i know, what do i wear in this case bib overalls blue, sneakers and tops or tee,s different colours and sun hat , and tucker surplyed on the job , and i walk to work each day .

...noeleena...
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Re: music, and my day,s on the main street .

Post by DonnaT »

Whew. Glad I play the harmonica, as there's not a lot to lug around.
DonnaT
April Rose
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by April Rose »

Noeleena, I am learning guitar in my retirement, but in my younger days, starting around fifth grade, I was a drummer in the high school band. I remember lugging that drum home after every practice. It was a long walk that seemed to get longer as the drum got heavier. I don't know what I would have done if I had 5 of them.

Sounds like you have been a busy gal. But it is a gift to be busy if you like what you are doing. I hope the concert goes well.
I am a vessel of the Goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.
Noeleena
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Noeleena »

Hi,

Thank you,s for replying ,

Yes drums well i started out being trained for the Navy and had only one side drum , Drum core, and yes on the push bike home with it and in uniform , walking did you say , hang on you mean you did not march home we did lots of root march,s so were fit as .

Well now after a phone call to me . have to pick up the other drums and gear and take that to the hall for the other drummer coming up from down south of us just as well i have 3 complete drum sets plus gear ,

You know what ....how the heck did i get so involved , we have 30 drums and gear i look after , and Donna you have just one harmonica ....where did i go wrong....He He.....

...noeleena...
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

:) around 12 actually; a number of different keys and tones.
DonnaT
April Rose
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by April Rose »

Actually, when I first got in the band I practiced playing while marching up and down the back yard. It drove the neighbors nuts!
I am a vessel of the Goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.