RIP Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Talk about anything else: your pets, your car, movies, celebrities, or other things you like. As a reminder, political and religious discussions do not belong in here, nor any other topics that may incite a heated debate! As always keep it clean, please.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Celia

Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

RIP Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Post by Diana Michelle »

Agree with her or not one cannot dispute Ruth Bader Ginsburg was a trail blazer and any female can and should be thankful for her never ending fight for women's rights. In a way her broad view of rights are the basis for many of the rights the LGBT community enjoy today.

One thing I hope that is never forgotten about her is her friendship with Anthony Scalia. In spite of being diametrically opposed most of time they forged a friendship that went far beyond politics. They should always stand as a shining light that just because you disagree there are areas where we can agree and forge a relationship and even a friendship from.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: RIP Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Post by Anthony Simon »

Her death felt like a body blow to me. I've never had that reaction before (and I live in the UK).
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

It was definitely a gut punch to many Anthony. I know there are a few out there cheering at her passing but the least they can show some respect
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Heather W
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Heather W »

I admit to shedding more than a few tears when I heard of RBG's passing. In spite of her small stature she was a giant among her peers and everyone who believes in equality should mourn her passing. She will be truly missed and while there are some who can take her place not sure any are who can fill her shoes.
The time is always right to do what is right
Martin Luther Ling Jr
Annie
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Annie »

How do you replace The Notorious RBG?
Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are- Benjamin Franklin