Is there going to be a Halloween this year?

Talk about anything else: your pets, your car, movies, celebrities, or other things you like. As a reminder, political and religious discussions do not belong in here, nor any other topics that may incite a heated debate! As always keep it clean, please.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Celia

Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Is there going to be a Halloween this year?

Post by Diana Michelle »

I just got word that trunk or treat up here has been officially canceled this year as well as the town has said it is highly recommending against house to house trick or treating. This makes me sad although considering the number of cases of COVID 19 in the county is on the rise as well as are hospitalizations because of it.

I can remember back to being a kid and how Halloween was such a huge deal. The consternation picking out just the right costume, barely being able to wait until Dad got home halloween night to take us out begging, the thrill of going through our bags to see what type of candy we got, even swapping with my siblings for my favorites as they did with me. Sadly because of many reasons the children near me and I would surmise many others are being deprived of those joys this year.
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Re: Is there going to be a Halloween this year?

Post by KimberlyS »

I agree it is a shame for the kids that in our current Covid world we need to do things like cancel Halloween.

The only other time I have had Halloween canceled was the year we got 2 feet of snow. It started the day before Halloween and just kept snowing. Snow plows were not even running. Snow drifts higher than the kids and cold. At least that year they had it a few weeks later on a nicer Saturday.

Kimberlys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.