Time to come together

Talk about anything else: your pets, your car, movies, celebrities, or other things you like. As a reminder, political and religious discussions do not belong in here, nor any other topics that may incite a heated debate! As always keep it clean, please.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Celia

Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Time to come together

Post by Diana Michelle »

The election is over and the American people have had their say. I know some feel like winners and some like losers but in reality we are all both. We are winners in we had the opportunity to speak our mind about what direction we want the country to go in the future however we are all losers in regardless of how you feel about the outcome a large number are left feeling disenfranchised.

The chasm that exists in the country has grown wider and wider over the past number of years. You can attempt to point a finger as to when it began and who is to blame but in my never to be humble both sides have more than their fair share of blame. The time is long overdue to put aside our differences and reach across the aisle. Too long have friendships been set aside because of political differences. There have been way too many family get togethers that have turned into shouting matches or worse over this side versus that side. There has been more than one incident of violence or attempted violence over which side of the aisle you sit on. Ladies this has to stop and stop now!

No I am not saying openly embrace the other side's beliefs here. Rather I am saying sit down and listen to them. Hear what they have to say then hopefully they will extend the same courtesy. You may not agree with what they have to say but at least try to understand the whats and whys they say it and we will have a start. We are all Americans! Not Blue Americans or Red Americans, just Americans!
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Re: Time to come together

Post by KimberlyS »

I agree it is time to come together. Personally I have not understood the direction of the political parties the last few decades. They have moved to the far right and far left and IMHO both out of touch with the reality of the world we live in. Most of the time what is best for most of the people is in the middle of the road of life. Well give or take a lane or two depending on the size of the road. \:D/ What is best is seldom on the right or left shoulder. I think both sides need to start caring about the people and not the money it makes them. ..OO..

Kimberlys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.