Tell me something good

Talk about anything else: your pets, your car, movies, celebrities, or other things you like. As a reminder, political and religious discussions do not belong in here, nor any other topics that may incite a heated debate! As always keep it clean, please.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Celia

Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Tell me something good

Post by Diana Michelle »

Not going into details but it has been a horrible week and I am slowly drifting into poor me. Tell me something good going on in your life to cheer me up, please?
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: Tell me something good

Post by Anthony Simon »

This is an odd one - and I'm not sure I was going to share it, but anyway. I like to do something at the weekend which combines a cycle ride with going to a specific place and buying something. The trouble is, in lockdown, the buying something bit gets knocked on its head.

I cycled last weekend - and headed for the centre of London as I normally would. And eventually I realised I was going to where the remaining CD shop in London was. Only when I got there, it wasn't there. I expected to be depressed. But the odd thing was I wasn't. I felt a curious type of exhilaration. That was because it was a rip-off shop - with wigs like maybe 3X the normal price and tacky clothes and whatever else.

They had exploited the CD's fear of going into an ordinary shop to make money - which I thought was pretty disgusting. And now they weren't there. So I felt an odd kind of triumph - of kind of surviving and they hadn't.
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Shopping being what it is, my wife ordered a blouse on line. Too big, no return. She gave it to me, however \:D/
DonnaT
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Dad is out of the hospital and into rehab. He was in there a month and a half. Sounds like rehab will be about the same.

kimberlys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.