Please listen to others

Talk about anything else: your pets, your car, movies, celebrities, or other things you like. As a reminder, political and religious discussions do not belong in here, nor any other topics that may incite a heated debate! As always keep it clean, please.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Celia

Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Please listen to others

Post by Diana Michelle »

Just got off the phone with a very longtime and dear friend, no not Beth. She told me her husband has just been diagnosed with lung cancer and the prognosis is not promising. Yes he has smoked for probably 60 years or longer in spite of the evidence and warnings so it is not unexpected. I asked about some of the newer treatments and pharmaceuticals available. She said they needed to run more tests to determine the best treatment plan however also said they were quite expensive and not sure what if any insurance will cover and what they can afford. I know they are comfortable however far from wealthy so this is a consideration but the whole health care thing is another discussion for another time.

My point here is not to debate health care costs or plans or how to deal with them rather to ask, beg, even plead with all of you to listen to people when they tell you things! It had been over 40 years since I quit smoking and even though I was maybe 1/2 a pack a day smoker I know how it is tough to quit. It need not be smoking either. It can be quit drinking, lose weight, start exercising, cut down on salt or fried foods, or whatever. The point is they are not telling you to do these to be mean or deprive you rather for your well being. If you don't care enough to do it for yourself then do it for your loved ones. If you don't care about them or think no one cares I do, so please do it for me!
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon