Where were you?

Talk about anything else: your pets, your car, movies, celebrities, or other things you like. As a reminder, political and religious discussions do not belong in here, nor any other topics that may incite a heated debate! As always keep it clean, please.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Celia

Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Where were you?

Post by Diana Michelle »

I remember where I was on 9/11/2001 like it was yesterday. I was in my office and a co worker stuck their head in to tell me a plane had just crashed into one of the Twin Towers and it was on the TV in the conference room. I dropped what I was doing and ran into the conference room and stared in disbelief as I saw the smoke pluming out. Then came the news a plane had hit the second tower, another plane struck the Pentagon, yet another crashed in Shanksville, PA that was allegedly intending on flying into the White House.

We sat there most of the day watching in disbelief I remember thinking this doesn't happen here! This happens in Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Africa, not here! As the towers collapsed I remember the tears thinking of those who lost their lives. The pictures of the pile of rubble as first responders frantically searched for survivors sent chills up my spine. The thoughts of spouses, parents, children that were now left without loved ones brought an ache to my heart.

I remember getting home that night, pouring a healthy drink, and going out on the deck. As I stared into the sky I said a prayer for all those who had lost their life that day, those they left behind, those injured physically, those who though not physically affected would always be emotionally scarred by this. Having suffered a traumatic loss myself I knew this would be something that would be with them for the rest of their lives.

Where were you when on 9/11? What are your memories?
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: Where were you?

Post by Anthony Simon »

I was in the UK. I had been out on my bike and a guy up the road called me as I went by. He said there'd been two planes gone into the Twin Towers. He must have said something about it being an accident because I remember saying if it's two planes, then it isn't an accident.

At that time I don't think the towers had come down. That day I also felt the whole world (not just the USA) had changed. I don't think the enormity of people dying really hit me until later.
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
Heather W
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Heather W »

I had just started my senior year of college and was getting ready to go to class and had the TV on when the news first came out. The the plane hit the second tower and suddenly was glued to the TV and remember yelling to one of my roommates "Come and see this!" I remember sitting there all day watching in disbelief.

[quote="Anthony Simon" post_id=197533 time=1630876235 user_id=8095]
That day I also felt the whole world (not just the USA) had changed.
[/quote]

I agree Anthony and not for the better
The time is always right to do what is right
Martin Luther Ling Jr
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Watching it unfold on TV. I was supposed to be on the way into DC, and normally would have been by the Pentagon at the time it was hit.
DonnaT
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

I was at work. Someone came in the office and was talking about a plane hitting one of the twin towers. I went into the staff lounge and watched for a while. I was in and out watching off and on all day. I could not believe what I was seeing.

Kimberlys
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Joan Grey
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Joan Grey »

I was at work; Fire & EMS Dispatch in a larger NJ township. Good Morning America was on, we saw it all on TV. As someone trained to immediately send help and support in even the smallest life-threatening situation, the pain of being so helpless amid such a monstrous catastrophe was mind numbing. It still bothers me to this day. All the continuing TV coverage this week has the tears flowing copiously. I know I should look away, turn the TV off, go in another room, but I can't. I wasn't there, I don't know anyone who died there. Nonetheless, I know I'll carry the memories and scars to my grave.